Speccy thread

Sold my R9 290 because I only play Hyperdimension Neptunia.

>10.5TB storage
What do you need all that space for?

need a new modern second graphics card to get last two monitors working - and i've 4 drives and a raid card here looking for a home I might throw in, maybe.

It's actually 8TB, the virtual disk is software pooling of the two drives with StableBit that is misreported.

Ready to fall for the AMD meme since Pascal is a $700 piece of shit.

upgraded from a Core2Quad 6600 earlier this month and holy shit so fast

Got the full 4x8GB back, still haven't OC'd yet because i've been busy the past few days. But i'll get around to it at some point.

Before anyone asks, anime, movies, music, TV shows, books, programs, games, and a backup of my C:\ drive.

why dont you have a seperate server for that?

Why should I? I have room for another ~20-30TB of HDDs in this case before I would NEED to start branching out into a NAS type setup.

fuck off

...uhh huh

Well i'm glad we could have this talk user.

I'll play. RAM timings aren't right, for some reason my display cable is fucked up and I can't get into BIOS. Might just use HDMI and connect to my TV real quick.

dem, 16GB DIMMs
ayyyy gurl

You like? :3
They're supposed to be 3,000 MHz 14-14-14-34.

Did you manually choose the xmp profile in bios? I had to do that to run at 14-14-14-34, otherwise it was set as 16-16-16-36 by default even though my ram was 14-14-14-34.

Mine are supposed to be 3,200 MHz 16-18-18-38.

Might mess with em a bit at 3,000Mhz and see what timings I can get. Idk.

Not that it will particularly matter outside benchmarks.

No. I just upgraded from a 2x8GB kit, that had XMP enabled. So, I need to go and tinker with it.

Usually just enabling one of the profiles let's it run at the marketed speed.

yep that's what i did with mine: because they ran both wrong frequency and timings.

Nope, insta bluescreens when using XMP. pretty sure the XMP isn't changing the CPU SA voltage and leaving it at stock which isn't nearly enough for the memory controller to deal with 3,200mhz.

just set vram voltage manually then

>vram
derp

I mean I will need to test and figure out a safe voltage for the IMC(i'm figuring ~1.15v maybe, i've heard not to go over 1.2v) The RAM itself is already running at 1.35v.

How can i upgrade to windows 10 pro

no idea famille

Just set it to your RAM's specs, or are you trying to OC?

buy or pirate

...Like I already said, If I use the XMP profile the CPU SA voltage remains unchanged, this is the voltage for the IMC (integrated memory controller), this needs to be increased when running faster RAM speeds, my motherboard keeps it at stock despite what the XMP profile wants it set to. I will need to manually set it to something that will keep it stable with 3200mhz, I assume somewhere around 1.15v. But I wont really know until i give it a shot.

so you need to set a second volt control to bring the total ram voltage up to the rated spec of the ram?

what?

No... the integrated memory controller needs a higher voltage in order to deal with 3200mhz RAM speeds. The RAM itself is already running at the proper voltage.

The Specs

Holy shit, why is your GPU running so hot?

r8 h8 congratul8

old paste maybe. i cleaned the heatsink from dust so that's not it.

>z87 chipset mobo
>locked CPU
2/10

Has served me well for many years and is just now starting to lag behind. New build over the summer.

R8 it or h8 it.

Can someone recommend graphics and SSD for this build?

390X or 1070
Samsung EVO or Intel.

Hmmm, it would help if I had an updated copy of speccy.

In between upgrades. Also, would a 950 be enough for 1080p in mid-high settings?

Speccy image is my desktop pc. Built her in 2008, upgraded cpu to current one in 2010. Replaced original graphics card, 8800GT, with Geforce GT 740 last year cause the 8800GT died.

you windows 7 morons are so fucking dumb man
ridiculous

It's a T61 in Brazil, no extra fans, nothing. I think the temps are wrong

Best I can get to right now. 980 sc is at 1560mhz on the core and 8118mhz on the vram. 1.32v on the cpu to get it to 4.9GHz on water. I can just touch 5ghz.

My first toaster

u jelly?

Fell for an i3-ulv meme, never again.

My Server.

Still need to upgrade displays and get a 1-2 TB Storage Drive

Got the memory running up to spec, it was the CPU SA voltage as I suspected. Manually set it it to 1.1v and it booted up fine.

>all these people with 32Gb ram just to watch anime, shitpost on Sup Forums and play videogames

32GB is at the point of "cheap enough" that most people buy it just because they can.

Why not buy more then?

thingken about vega

run out of slots.
16GB modules are a leap in price over 8GB

yup, especially for decent speed, and benchmarks are showing RAM speed actually is making a difference in some games.

Well, you're right. You can buy 32Gb ram for a price of one 16Gb stick. Didn't know that.

>all these people with 20C and less on their CPU's
What the fuck??

Threadly reminder that the 5820k is literally the 2500k of 2015/2016.

This is probably true, in 4-5 years 6 and 8 core CPUs will be more utilized and the 5820k will still be relevant, especially when OC'd to 4.2-4.5Ghz. Pair it with quad channel DDR4 3000Mhz and you've got a potent setup to last quiet an number of years with the only upgrades needed to the GPU periodically.

Every day until new computer

Any decent tower cooler should cause you to idle around there.

Friendly reminder that the 5820K loses out to a 6700K in gaymen even clocked identically in gaymes that use 6+ threads such as GTA V. By the time it has any sort of relevance, hex cores (at least) will be on the mainstream platform with far better IPC, using half the power of that 140W housefire.

X99 is a meme unless you need one for work, and in that case you should be buying a 5960X.

>even clocked identically in gaymes that use 6+ threads
that's because the 6700k is 5-10% faster at the same clock speed and unless a game starts using 9 or more threads the 6700k SHOULD be able to keep up. But if a game were effectively using 12 threads, the 5820k should pull ahead by a good 20%.

Of course at the moment this is all theoretical as I dont know any games that can effectively utilize 9+ threads. But the 5820k has the potential to be more powerful than the 6700k if utilized properly.

>Windows 10

It does the job well enough. Might throw in more RAM or hard drives at some point if I feel like it, but other than that I don't see a reason to upgrade right now.

damn op, im liking those hard drives

By the time the 5820k has mediocre single threaded performance the 6700k will have similarly mediocre single threaded performance and will be sitting there cucked with 4 less threads. Face it, the 5820k was and still is the smarter buy. Poorfags and your typical Linus Shill Tips viewer just have no clue about X99.

same here

>fermi
Bro

>fermi
>86C

rate my pc Sup Forums
>windows
nah its for my tech retarded father

i wish i was joking. going to get a core 2 duo, 4gb ram, and a 700 series GT/GTX soon.

So how many memes did I fall for Sup Forums?

Several?

Z170 board and non-K CPU

Nice screens senpai

Here is what i got

>i5 6500
>i5 6500+Z170
>XFX
>120 GB SSD

should i be worried

holy shit, is your cpu fan a solid stack of dust?

I'm planning to sell my R9 290 too, and get a 1070

Also planning to get a new GPU, but since I only plan to play Neptunia in the next few months, I can afford to wait for AMD and decide while I sit on my R7 250.

probably

shitty college laptop I bought years ago

>4690k
>h97

meh

didn't have enough money at buying time for 8gb ram or a ssd, now 2 years have passed and i have only got poorer

the gpu is a 660

What is this meme

16 gigs because I originally built it using a handmedown 8GB DIMM

Oo i am interested,
Call me a noob but what type of hardware?

Feels good man. Bought the 980 at a huge discount awhile back, so I avoided getting cucked.

>fermi
>not hot

It's like your new or something

enjoy

>Skylake

literally why

VIA EPIA M10000 mini-itx board

meme cpu coming through