Intel BTFO

Intel BTFO

Other urls found in this thread:

itwire.com/it-industry-news/development/72853-amd-zen-will-favourably-compete-with-intel-skylake.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

is AMD goin to release three cpu platforms at once??

*significant performance leap relative to their other products.

Wew. something 50%+ better than shit is still garbage.

>using isolated nouns as adjectives
I don't want plebeians like you to exist. Please kill yourself.

that second graph tho

Lines on the two graphs dont match up...

That's fine, they are different graphs. The right one is useless though

>Bristol Ridge ahead of schedule
Awesome. I want to ditch my Kaveri chip, can't wait to see what Bristol ridge is like. It also promises an upgrade pathway since the motherboards will be unified.

So with Zen, are they planning to put a 4 core chip against the Intel "gamer" SKUs? Or are they gonna bank on 8 cores being used better with Vulkan/DX 12?

A very good question, especially considering that there will be two threads per core. Will we be getting 16 thread beasts at i7 prices? Will 8 thread CPUs be the new mid range?

or they could do both
damn genius

>multi threaded compute

I don't care, they need significant IPC changes before they can become competitive with Intel

if they reach sandybride-e performance by now, that would be good enough for most people.

IPC for zen is supposedly able to compete at around a haswell level. I think we'll see it become decent, but still fall short. It's definitely going to depend on the pricepoint.

AMD said in their investor conference that they were exceeding their 40% IPC gain goal already

Sandy bridge performance wouldn't cut it for me, I already have that, and have had it for a long time.

Now if they can release a 6 or 8 core with Hyperthreading for a decent price, then I might be interested even if IPC would only be at sandy bridge level.

More likely the first ZEN cpu's will be expensive though since we are talking 6 and 8 core ones

itwire.com/it-industry-news/development/72853-amd-zen-will-favourably-compete-with-intel-skylake.html

The 8 core was said to be aimed at "under 400USD", attempting to hit skylake-e with price

interesting read

400 bucks for a haswell IPC level 8 core with HT would be insane value for money

THANK YOU BASED SHIT WRECKER

How many years will they release those graphs? Maybe they should release the actual CPU instead?

Engineering samples are being sent to "select customers" in Q2

>The right one is useless though
missing numbers added.

Your ideas intrigue me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

From what we've seen Bristol Ridge would be pretty good for really small mini-ITX builds

Twice as fast BD?
Wasn't it 40%?

What the fuck is Bristol Ridge? Isn't that just Carizo? Just wait for Raven Ridge, aka actual Zen cores in an APU

Yep, its just Carrizo for desktop with DDR4.

Bristol Ridge itself isn't so exciting but the new socket/platform is if you're a zen waitfag

Hopefully Zen makes ultrabooks and its ilk actually useful and gets rid of 2 cores in $1000+ laptops.

I fell for the 8350 because it was on sale, but it wasn't so bad. This one will probably be in line with that expectation and hopefully have the same power in a single core that an i5 has

The 40% wasn't in relation to bulldozer/vishera - it was in relation to their latest APU range (which basically murder bulldozer in some areas).

Believe it or not AMD has made some decent IPC gains in their APU chips but (for many complicated reasons) have not released a high performance chip since vishera.

Except it makes more sense when read as a metaphor than as adjectives. I don't want like plebs like you in this thread.

>but (for many complicated reasons) have not released a high performance chip since vishera.
It's not a complicated reason. AMD just didn't want to invest money into a Steamroller FX chip knowing that it would tank.

>t was in relation to their latest APU range (which basically murder bulldozer in some areas).
No real product (CPU or APU) does. Sure, in theory Kaveri and Carrizon do 'murder' bdver2 at some tasks, but since APU's based on those are gimped in cakes and whatnot, they fall flat.

Steamroller is a very small uplift over Piledriver. L2 latency dramatically increased which hurt performance in everything and that destroyed what performance was gained from most of the architectural tweaks.
Excavator on average is a bit faster than Steamroller, and does really well in certain benches, but can also be slightly slower in some. Over all its not even directly competing against Steamroller in anything but perf/watt.
Look up the Carrizo reviews done by the Stilt.

AMD couldn't salvage any performance out of the Bulldozer family so they just turned it into a low power arch to replace the retired Cat cores.

>the Stilt
The Finnish AMD CPU enthusiast.

He does know his stuff though. See also: Buildzoid for AMD gpu murdering.