/sqt/

because no one else wants to make one edition

resources:
google.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Motorola-Moto-360-Smart-Watch/dp/B01DDWO3TK
zoneminder.com/
livewellnetwork.com/Mexico-One-Plate-At-A-Time/episodes/The-Soul-of-Mole/8425347
content.uplynk.com/ext/e52991d8937047fdbc7469688485d0ca/LWOP0712.m3u8
content-ause3.uplynk.com/92952643a81f4723a0117f212b831431/g.m3u8
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/new-tab-url/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I want to prank a relative that got me good last month. He left a Bluetooth speaker in the bathroom that recorded me singing in the shower and having a fat ogre shit in the toilet, then sent it to my coworkers & friends.

I want to get him back by making a retractable clown that explodes foward when he opens the bathroom door scaring him, but that's not it. It will also have a taser attached(on low) that will also shock him for double shock value(or pepper spray, still debatin). It will all be on video as well.

Just want to get him back without being weird.
Thoughts?

send him a box of live bees

imaging opening it and unleashing 10000 bees in your living room

Thinking of covering his pillow with bee pheromones and shaking a jar of bees til they're pissed. Toss and smash the jar of bees on his headboard and run and lock the door of the bedroom.

shit on him

I know it's silly, but I'm having problems with lolcat.
It won't display all the pretty colors nicely in urxvt, but in terminator it works perfectly.
Is there something I forgot to add to the .Xresources file, why doesn't it work like it should in urxvt?

Do it with African bees. They're easier to get rid of.

How can people catch up with current technology on the programming and development level? It updates so fast and I'm always afraid of getting behind.

so i have this java application that shits itself everytime it ecounters a non utf8 character

how do i exploit this?

What do I need to do to make steam work properly and run all games through steam?
As it is now I have a blank store page and when I download a game most of the time it doesn't work. Non steam games tend not to work either.
Should I just download all the windows ddl or is there some easy trick I need to do?

i meant run steam and all its games through wine.

My brother was complaining about his computer running like shit sometimes. I saw that he had an old hard drive he didn't really use and whenever I tried to open it or format it explorer would lockup and freeze and shit.

It refused to display the hard drives in device manager as well so I just popped open the computer and removed it as his boot drive is a large SSD anyways so he doesn't really need it. But whenever I remove the hard drive the computer refuses to boot into windows from the SSD. It will boot into windows from the SSD when the broken HD is plugged in fine. The SSD is displayed in the bios boot options and everything. I have no idea why it won't boot up what so ever. No error messages, nothing at all. It goes directly to the bios menu every single time without fail until I plug in the other HD again.

He does have an old install of windows on the broken drive but I'm certain that when he boots up it's running windows off of the SSD.

Anyone have any idea what's going on? I'm not even sure if I'll be able to do a fresh install of Windows onto the SSD if I have to since it refuses to boot into it.

So I'm using MULTILING on a LG L20 because my other phone is momentarily unusable (battery).

As you can see, It's a COMPACT phone. How do I make this SMALLER, so I can SEE what I WRITE.

Tried editing the layout in the site they redirect you to after chosing DIY on the LAYOUT SETTINGS menu, but no luck. I wish I could get rid of this black ribbon up there. Though I figure it might not be possible because that's where the prediction appears, and I'm using this to use swype.

Please don't mind the HIGHLIGHTING in the post, that's supposed to help for YOU and ME.

>240x320
Christ I didn't know the resolution in this was so low.

>I'm not even sure if I'll be able to do a fresh install of Windows on the SSD of I have to since it refuses to boot into it.
Why would that matter? You don't need to boot into the drive to format it and do a clean install.

Yeah I guess. I'll just format the drive from the Windows disc then.

>this webm
Jesus Christ could my balls feel tighter.

How much of a dumbass do you need to be.

Did he died?

>Wrestling isn't real

settings > theme > size|pos > lower height
id suggest lowering bottomrow height too, and maybe removing suggestionbar and maybe removing the symbols from keys
also make the keyboard translucent

How can I hide the folder icons in explorer so that there's no folder, disk, star, etc. next to the labels ? Win 8.1

Why does my Windows 10 freeze and reboot for no reason? Typically it happens about once every few days.

Specs: i5-4690, 8GB, GTX960

Memtest shows nothing wrong. My temps are fine. Debian and Ubuntu both run rock solid with no crashes or reboots.

Windows Update hasn't been able to query the server for a month. This is a legit version of Windows. I purchased Windows 7 several years ago and did the upgrade. So it's 100% legit.

Is this thing just a piece of shit? Just now it happened right after a website loaded in Firefox. In the past I've had it happen when literally nothing was happening. Sometimes it happens when I'm away from the computer: I'll come back and I'll see my Debian login screen because Windows randomly rebooted the PC.

It can't be automatic updates because I turned them all off. I turned off automatic updates and automatic device updates both. I had to turn off the automatic device updates because Windows insisted on replacing my Nvidia drivers with some old version.

Do I need to just bite the bullet and attempt a complete reinstall?

Automatic updates

I thought it were two idiots fooling around at job space.

How do I make firefox new tab to look the same as my custom home page?

I love you user.
Took me a good while to understand the instructions though. This keyboard is ridiculously good, customizable like a dream.
One thing though: idiots like me feel overwhelmed by it.
It's like a woman too beautiful, maybe?

Why do people buy ASUS maximus whatever motherboard for their gaming builds?

Is there a good FOSS torrent client for android? All i can find in fdroid are remote clients for servers

A family member is stealing out my locked room again, but how?

I just shelled up $200 for an Abloy Protec 2 from Finland. Searched forums and YouTube about the lock being picked, but nothing came up. Not those Chinese disk lock knockoffs being picked on YouTube, I'm talking about a genuine Abloy Protec 2.

After a year shit started missing again. First my anti-anxiety meds started to go missing, then a Bluetooth speaker. Now a whole drill, headphones and an iPod just vanished in a day.

I seen "hardware hacking" (picking) tools used for disk detainer locks, but never seen any success on an Abloy. Thoughts?

What smartwatch should I get.

Are they taking the door off the hinges?

no.

Nope. The door has inner hinges and I added a thicker strip along the door further blocking the latch(even though it is a deadbolt). This person is Houdini'ing the shit out of me. Tried to get an old phone to work and secure-surveillance, but it was dead. Know of any small recording devices that are activated by motion?

I have a spare thinkpad laptop that runs Ubuntu, could get a webcam for it if that helps?

Well that's a bit surprising and disappointing

flud is the only one that works halfway decently and it's a piece of shit.

Window? Camera can't hurt.

Anyone have a good android Onvif app, preferably open source?
If you have a laptop or a computer with a webcam, get some free software to set up a cam trap. Confront them and when they deny call them on their shit.

My bedroom is on the second floor and no ladder is getting there(that I know of).

Know of a surveillance program for Ubuntu with use with a webcam?

what exactly was the goal here?

can anyone hit me up with a pomf clone for sound webm hosting? a.pomf.cat is dead

Nah sorry

first time windows user (8.1)
what are these software updates updating?
is it safe to turn them off, or will i get a virus

There has to be some sort of demand for a torrent client that at least doesn't have ads out the ass...

might be dangerous
typically when people use tasers n shit on a friend its in a controlled environment where they cant hit their head on anything, or someone there to catch them or something

I have an...odd irssi question that google is no help for.
Is there any way to change where irssi logs snotes? By default it's saved in [current username].log, which is useless.
I know how to log it -again- somewhere more useful, but the gigantic log of snotes still ends up in the default location.

if youre rooted you can get bittorrent pro for free
it seems to work fine to me

I'm looking at the moto 360 or the pebble time steel.

he's cute

android wear > not-android-wear

*she
And yes, very

Yeah I just bought amazon.com/Motorola-Moto-360-Smart-Watch/dp/B01DDWO3TK

What IDE is good for C in linux?

Hopefully.

WHY THE FUCK CAN'T I FIND ANY CHEAP FAST DDR2 RAM I DON'T EVEN NEEEEEED 1066 I JUST NEED 800 FOR MY 771 SWAP BUILD I JUST WANT 8GB RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Is it possible they are coming in while you are sleeping>?

Like you might not lock the door because think it is safe while you are in the room.

zoneminder.com/
pls help me with ddr2 woes

Because you suck. At life.

this is windows 10 by design. do yourself a favor and upgrade to 7/8.1 or try linux

Yeah, I do that, but keep my stuff under my pillow.

I have an old gateway HTPC with an amd a6 apu that is turning on and all of that, but is not giving any video output through the VGA

I know that the cable and the monitor are fine. What do?

So, if have two ram sticks and four slots,could I just buy two more of the same ram stick or do I need to get a whole new set?

I want to move the guts from my dust collecting supermicro 1u server to a big case (for big fans and GPU room), what, if anything, will I need to adapt a normal ATX power supply to this thing?

Will I be mocked if I use visual studios on linux?

Anyone know a reason an ASUS RT3200 router would be super fucked up on 5ghz? I have been messing with settings and I am getting -50RSSI signal on either 5ghz radio and negotiating 867mbps on the adapter, yet I am getting 2-8mbps speeds even to my local server wired directly into the router.

My Steelseries Rival mouse wheel sometimes double clicks. How do I fix it?

I've got a steelseries mouse and it's horrible with the scroll wheel (sometimes 3 clicks when opening new tabs). i think they have too tight of tolerances for sensitivity, so if you get any gunk or dirt in it you're fucked until you clean it out.

So my laptop was crashing, a bunch yesterday like 3 times
Then the last time it crashed when I turned it on it comes up with the Support Assistant and says the Hard Drive- Not Installed.
What the fuck do I do? I havent opened it up or anything
Has maybe hard drive fallen lose? Did a cable burn out?

I'm having some trouble downloading a video from this website:
livewellnetwork.com/Mexico-One-Plate-At-A-Time/episodes/The-Soul-of-Mole/8425347
I'm just a 'inspect element' guy so that's how I got these links:
>multi resolution
content.uplynk.com/ext/e52991d8937047fdbc7469688485d0ca/LWOP0712.m3u8
>720p version
content-ause3.uplynk.com/92952643a81f4723a0117f212b831431/g.m3u8
Using jdownloader and youtube-dl I can download a mp4 but it doesn't come out quit right, just before the 8 min mark the video goes mute and starts playing pretty fast.

Is Sup Forums X fucking up for anyone else?
Its just constantly flashing on and off

Will you please stop.

Stop what?

Quick question!

Anyone has the list of the KB updates which include GWX?
Gotta reinstall 8.1 for a m8.
Thanks

KB3035583 is the one with GWX. The other updates you're thinking of are either telemetry or Win10 compatibility things.

Yes, just fill up all those slots with identical RAM. Also, post more Maki.

What is the life expectancy of a laptop, specifically a Dell Gaming laptop from 2012?

Mine is still chugging along well since 2012 and shows no age, well maintained. Cleaned out the dust but thermal paste might need re-application. Hardly used as well(mostly on phone and tablet). Thoughts?

Not even Thinkpad shilling here, but Thinkpads and other business computers last a long time quite nicely even after 10 years, as seen with all the people still using old Thinkpad T60's
Consumer laptops will probably last you 5 years max, if you treat it nicely (at least with my experience)

My first laptop was a Thinkpad X60t. I still have it and it still runs(just reminded me of it). It shipped with xp on it, but I finally installed Ubuntu on it this year.

I have an old samsung galaxy Ace from 2010 or so. I installed cyanogen few years ago and the smartphone slept ever since in an old shoe box full of other old stuff.

I recently ditched it, and I want to install some lightweight stuff so I can use it for basic stuff.

When I try to boot on the memory card, the screen turns blue.
No error message, no nothing
>just deep, plain blue
I have to remove the battery to restart the phone as it seems to freeze.

How can I install some thing that "werks" on it?

So my phone got stuck in a reboot loop and i fixed it by installing a rom called katana. Unfourtunatley, this rom comes with xposed framework. Snapchat (i know its shitty but i can keep track of freinds around the world) detects the xposed framework and doesn't let me log in. I tried uninstalling the framework but it doesnt work and i tried the RootCloaker module but that doesnt work either. Does anyone know a way around this?

Thanks

How do I get good at using the Linux Terminal? I feel like 90% i'm looking up "how to install x on linux" or use the software center. Only real thing I know how to do in the terminal by heart is remove software. However say there weren't answers on google or a software center, how did people do it back then?

I feel like the only reason I find myself wanting a Macbook is so I can get into video editing while on road trips.

But when all is said and done, it's still a laptop...can Macbooks actually handle Vegas or Premiere/AfterEffects?

Just catch him fucking the neighbor's wife and show it to his significant other just for giggles.

Not better than an equivalently priced laptop of most other brands.

Maybe its too soon to ask but would a 1070 be bottlenecked by a i5-3750k running at 4.3? I really dont wanna change my Asus p8z77-v pro.

And maybe in general, how do I know if my GPU is bottlenecked?

Probably not, pretty sure as long as you have an unlocked sandybridge or better cpu you should be fine.

Fair enough, thanks friend.

I'm considering trying to do an x99 ITX build for my next computer, is this a dumb idea? Should I just go regular old ATX?

I'd go micro ATX at least, the higher TDP of x99 cpu's warrants better cooling.

I was thinking of using a CLC to save space and hopefully get a water cooled GPU as well. Looking at some ITX case builds though it's pretty tight, I'll take a look at some mATX ones too. Thanks.

I would like to reverse-engineer a protocol that works over bluetooth. Can I buy a regular bluetooth adapter in order to sniff on two other devices that interact using the protocol I want to reverse-engineer?

You probably installed urxvt and not urxvt-256colors. They're usually separate packages.

The bootloader is probably installed on the HDD while windows itself is installed on the SSD. A clean install should fix it.

>Windows Update hasn't been able to query the server for a month
>I turned off automatic updates and automatic device updates both
These two might be linked together.

You can't. You have to install an addon such as this one : addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/new-tab-url/

If you're using a debian-based distro you can do apt-get update to update the list of available software, apt-get search software to search for software, apt-get show software to learn more about a specific piece of software, then apt-get install software to install said software, and then man software to learn how to use the software. If you're looking for information on a generic topic, you can also use apropos subject which will give you a list of man pages that contain the keyword "subject".

How much of a speed improvement will I get if I stick an SSD to a core 2 sata 2 pc? It's currently on a 7400 500 GB Seagate HDD.

sata II will limit you to 300 MB/s but it will still be a significant performance increase over a HDD. You can expect roughly double the read/write performance depending on the task. Modern HDD's usually have sequential read/write in the 80-160MB/s range

How do i connect a sony erriccson phone to my computer? plugging it in doesnt do anythign

*model is z610i

How can i tell if i have an iphhone 4 or 4s?

Stop using Chrome.

People that know terminal by heart use more the terminal than the GUI, so they learn easier and faster by practising.
Now if you forgot something, best way is to use the man pages.

Is there way to find out of PCIe slots not working is motherboard or CPU related?