Tfw 10 core android phones will be coming out

>tfw 10 core android phones will be coming out
>tfw 6GB ram
>tfw the cpu is probably faster than my i3
>tfw the phone has more ram than my pc

What the fuck?

I feel like technology is progressing faster than I can keep track of it.

I3 2120 + 4GB ram. Why a phone needs such raw processing power?

Other urls found in this thread:

s.aliexpress.com/3UF7FZbm
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Doesn't really matter, it'll still somehow be laggy as shit.

Phone manufacturers have no clue what to do but stuff even more powerful hardware into them. Consumers will wise up and stop buying them. The market is already on the decline.

It's like the PC market, but progressing towards "Good enough" 10 times faster.

Why? It's not an iPhone.
I fail to see how it can lag.

Still using my old Xperia Z3 and still have no reason to upgrade.

>tfw 10 core android phones will be coming out
>tfw 6GB ram

if its android it doesnt even matter lol

android.

Will I regret buying this lads?

Free Case and Film Oukitel K6000 Pro 6000mAh 4G LTE Octa Core 5.5" 3GB RAM 32GB ROM Fingerprint 13.0MP Curved Screen MobilePhone
s.aliexpress.com/3UF7FZbm
(from AliExpress Android)

We've had this thread already with that exact image in the OP

No we didn't

this thread again

No we didn't

Why not the 10k version

Nice meme

Too big and heavy, SoC is a little weaker than I'd be comfortable with.

Battery life on that is insane though, but other than that it's just too basic to be practical to me as a smartphone.

Decent Androids haven't lagged since like 2011

STOP MAKING THE SAME FUCKING THREAD REEEE

I'm using my mother's old x10i as a dedicated mp3 and it's still not laggy with 600mhz cpu and 256mb ram.

Scores 7k in antutu.

>the cpu is probably faster than my i3
lel, no

My phone history goes like this:

2010: iPhone 3gs
2012: note 2
2016: lg g5

From this point, I'm going to just swap my phone out when a faster one comes out. This g5 doesn't lag at all ( except on Sup Forums while using opera curiously).

They need more ram and better socs to keep up with higer resolutions.

Once they create multilayer displays to fix eye issues in VT and have 8k or 10k then processors will have to be even faster to keep up with vr

These are overkill. My current Z2 has already more RAM than the PC I used from 2007-12 (3 vs 2 GB).
Z2 is even better, more battery and the newer ones don't have any advantages. You can get Z2s new for less than 300 € now.

>Not using superior Clover app

> 10 core
Dawg thats a meme. My amd64 a10 has "10 cores" but ot's really just 4

6g ram is pretty serious and unnecessary

Currently shitposting from a nexus 5, no noticeable lag here

Wait what?

Android finds a way to make everything lag. The Nexus 5 is laggy as shit, but it's still faster than the Nexus 6P and 5X. Even when you install a custom ROM with encryption turned off, the N5 is still faster.

I am shitpostimg on a touch screen

100% no joke this device with full memory protections and disk encryption does not lag. Havent yried candy crush but that's spyware

No I'm on a nexus 5 too, but that 10 core amd? What?

It's a quad core advertised as having "10 cores". The CPU can only execute 4 threads but supposedly the onboard GPU has its own cores. Don't play games so idgaf

The xfce cpu panel plugin shows 4 bars

Amd a10

Nah those are compute units, not cores. It clearly states that on the box.

This phone processors has 10 CPU cores and the gpu has up to 16 cores, depending on the variant of gpu used.

>android phones
>the cpu is probably faster than my i3
Seriously, how fucking retarded are you? How can someone manage to be such an idiot to the point that they believe an absolutely tiny

Because the desktop cpu is 6 years older and has a fifth as many cores?

Sure, it not not be true, but it's easy to see how someone might think it is.

It also has a fraction of the die size (even when adjusted relative to process node) and a fraction of the TDP.
One is put on a tiny low-power handheld device that has no cooling and must not heat up, the other goes into a much larger desktop computer and the heatsink and fan that goes on top of it alone is larger than the entire phone the first CPU went into.

I don't understand how anyone with a least basic knowledge about this could ever think a smartphone SoC is faster than a 65W dual-core (with HT) Sandy Bridge chip.

Let's see.

>2 cores vs 10
>sandy bridge is 6 years old
>heliox20 is from 2016
>apple a9x has been shown to have similar performance to a laptop i5 recently, a recent i5 as well.

I like that you are trying to be rational about this.
But is pretty on point. OP and people like me astound me with their retardation. I used to think it was only whites that were this stupid but I met a few fellow indians who are too.

>apple a9x has been shown to have similar performance to a laptop i5 recently, a recent i5 as well
The Apple A series is on an entirely different ballpark compared to the A53/A57/A72 cores and variants that Android SoCs use. Apple makes much larger and wider cores and focuses on single-thread performance, which is why iPhones still have dual-core CPUs. Some people even said after the release of the A8 a couple years ago that it was architecturally closer to Haswell than to Cortex A57. Also, being a tablet SoC, the A9X has a higher TDP to work with. The x86 CPUs it were compared to were a 5W Core M and a 15W U-series Core i5 (both of which include a GPU in that TDP), so it's not suc a surprise.

That's different from having two tiny A72 cores, plus four tinier A57 cores, plus four minuscule A53 cores, all running under a smartphone-level TDP.

>tfw the cpu is probably faster than my i3
I can assure you that it is not.

my nexus 4 is still up and running.

I can assure you that it is

>laptop i5 recently, a recent i5 as well
ultrabook/tablet i5, which means weaker than a sandy dualcore laptop

It looks as if technology is progressing, but the arms race in the phone market feels like pacing in place. Phone are hardly getting any better with the new specs. Things still stutter, the touchscreens still lag, battery life still sucks and any other solution is a gimmick.
Any phone from the past 2 years is technically enough to handle anything to come to phones in the next three years.

>they haven't seen breakdowns of scores
Mobile chips inflate their scores in crypto functions tests, in other tests they are 2-4 times worse than even ULV chips. The reason? Generally worse design and laughable cache, a few kb of L1.

Btw, I'll give Apple a credit here, they are the only ones with L2 cache, so there's at least some credibility in their scores. Such a waste of good hardware.

iphones don't lag we're talking about an android phone here, these lag after you spend only 1 year using them

What are you talking about, Android is getting faster over time(if your phone is updated, even unofficially).

Can confirm. Have Motorola droid 2 and it lags like fuck since day 1. Can't play internet radio without it stuttering whenever it feels like checking for mail or something. Though to be fair, that's Linux in general, my Linux laptop lags like fuck too...

>more battery
It's 100mah larger but the Z3 has better battery life in real world tests and a more finely tuned Stamina mode. Plus you can get Android N or M concepts.

The Z5 and X were so close to being perfect.

This S7 Lagship reporting in.

>>Not using superior Clover app
>misspelling overchan

poo

>>tfw the cpu is probably faster than my i3
It isn't. Current gen ARM SoCs are barely faster than mobile core 2s, they certainly aren't faster than any core i series chip.

>tfw fell for the moto g3 meme
this piece of shit is unusable, some apps take like 2 seconds to open