DOOM Fps

My GTX 760 is bottlenecking my Q6600 in Doom.

Do I really need a new graphics card?

CPU usage 60-70%

GPU usage 100%

Maybe id Tech 6 is just very efficient isn't shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

downloadmoreram.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>q6600
2007 inthell called they want their Quad Core back

Cute ;3

Doom is pretty well optimized on nvidia and latest amd beta so idk try getting a non shit gpu?

Whats your specs ?

Make sure your CPU using hitting 100% on any single core. I bet it is.

if a shit 1.6ghz jaguar can run it so can a q6666 at 2.4ghz

They overclock pretty well though i rememeber

AMD is about to announce AM4 APUs, just wait for that and get probably a decent CPU and GPU boost

Your GPU is supposed to be the bottleneck OP

Turn off C-states on your Q6600

Are Polaris gpu's and Zen APU's crossfire compatible?

Would be pretty cool for budget and midrange rigs to have a current gen console like setup

I have a feeling AMD will get rid of Hybrid CF, it was a complete failure with the R5 230/240 and the lower end APUs

yeah i guess multi gpu is a meme that never took off.

i remember nvidia had more luck with it but i never did it because of deminishing returns you might as well buy the 1080 instead of two 980s

Nvidia killed 3 and 4-way SLi so yeah it's going to be dead completely soon IMO.

The irony is that we still have shit like Multiadapter support from DX12 that will let you use an AMD card and Nvidia card together on games like AOTS - and it works really well.

it's a meme at the low end. since as you say it's easier and cheaper to buy card X + 1 instead of two of card X.

it'll stick around at the high end. There's some enterprising lunatics out there with 3x4K eyefinity setups and shit. Those people not only buy expensive graphics cards but they buy 2, 3, or sometimes 4 of them at a time, so they will continue to get support for ultra-high-performance setups.

>The irony is that we still have shit like Multiadapter support from DX12 that will let you use an AMD card and Nvidia card together on games like AOTS - and it works really well.
lol can you imagine the average dev getting their heads around it?

i really dont see it happening in alot of games only a few

will be pretty hilarious to put a polaris next to my 390x housefire

4K is a meme

8K vr will be very intradesting

It's really not that hard actually....all you have to do is optimize how you write commands to the Async compute pipeline.

As long as you're building a game with that in mind (basically shedding DX11 synchronous compute support completely) you're good to go. DX12 takes care of the optimization of scheduling the commands to the GPUs in an efficient manner.

How well it works really comes down to how big the gap between computing power the GPUs have. You wouldn't want to pair a 980ti with an R7 series card or an R9 with a 750ti.

so if i had a top of the line poolaris and wanted to keep my 390x in my new build say with a 10core 4ghz intel mega extreme overbuild or would i be better just having one gpu?

APU+GPU shit will never work right without a shit ton of work in the drivers

also it only works with DDR3+DDR3, since AM4 will be DDR4, it probably won't work anyways

[email protected]
P5Q Deluxxxe
8 rams
gtx 760 oc'd

it's definitely not, it's 60-70% across all cores.

You can see GPU usage is at 100% when I'm tabbed into Doom, it flicks around 80% when tabbed out. CPU remains around 65% all the time.

I don't really believe it myself it's pretty bs but there you have it.

Zen APU wont be a thing till a year later. First will be the performance tier Zen to compete with i5-i7.

No, but the law of diminishing returns kicks in sooner

thats true im aiming at 60fps 1080p atm because poorfag

How the hell have you kept that cpu for so long? I'm about ready to ditch my 3570k because it hits 100% in cpu heavy games like GTA5

>I'm about ready to ditch my 3570k
Same here, what were you thinking of getting?

See
Because the only game I've played that hits 100% is the same, GTA V, and it's kinda rubbish.

........lmao

Well here's my logic behind my next upgrade: All the CPU gaming benchmarks are done on fresh systems with no other programs running, and newer games are already taking advantage of 6-8 cores. If you are a normal person like me, who has quite a few browser tabs, discord, foobar, overclock program, steam, battlenet, etc running all at the same time that I'm gaming, it makes sense to buy a 6 or 8 core cpu. That limits it to either Broadwell E or Zen, and I'm fairly certain that Zen will be a major disappointment in raw performance.

I'm basically deciding if I want to pony up for the 8 core 6900K (probably $900 street) or go with the 6 core 6800K for around $400

I was thinking something similar, there will only be more and more games released that take advantage of tons of cores.

p much this lmbo

> 8 rams

> what the fuck is rams

>2016
>not having at least 8 rams

Do you even ram bro?

I do.

I can only see 5 rams there bro

get your punk bitch ass outta here

time to downloadmoreram.com

NVIDIA has stupid settings. Try turning tessalation and other gaymworks related shit off.

Are you hitting 60fps or not?
But yes, idTech6 seems to require a much better GPU than CPU. The minimum is a 670.

If you want framedrops down to the mid 30's yeah then the 670 would do just fine.