Help please

hi, I'm really retarded when it comes to doing this

I recently got a new power supply for my desktop and took out the old one, put in the new one, and plugged in the cables and my computer won't start, YouTube any Google didn't help, any suggestions please?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=reset bios motherboard
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

did you connect the power cable to the wall socket?

did you turn on the power supply?

I'm not that retarded, I plugged the chords into the CPU, Graphics Card, Motherboard, and all the other shit and it's still not working, and I did what you said because that's obvious

Unconnected it from pc then touch black and green pins with some metal shit, this should turn the psu fan on if not psu is fucked

check again if u turned on power supply there is button with 0 and 1 1=turned on
I m electrician and ppl always forget

Double-check connectors from case -> motherboard.

Reset the battery on your motherboard

Worked for me when the exact same thing happened

how?

>I'm not that retarded,
>I plugged the chords
>chords
this is bait right

>corsair cx PSU
>fan facing up

you're retarded

>spelling error
>mistake = retardation

lmgtfy.com/?q=reset bios motherboard

if you don't know the difference between "chord" and "cord" then you can't be trusted to have plugged the power kurds in correctly

Just do this and you will know is it psu fault or not

Did you correctly connect the switches like the Reset sw and Power sw?

why is your PSU upside down?

why is it facing up doe? I got a cx 600m and its logo isn't upside down when the fan is facing down. Did OP get scammed?

Nice work fucktard, except it's called cmos.

Are you people actually so fucking stupid you don't realize that PSUs can be used as exhausts and that if you're going to be using it on thick carpet by having the fan intake from inside the case you don't risk removing the PSUs airflow?

Unless you're actually planning on having the inside of your case be significantly hotter than ambient (ie, doing it wrong), there's no reason not to have the fan draw from inside the case.

Am I able to upgrade my graphics card simply by replacing my gtx650 with a 960 without having to buy anything else? Motherboard is GA-78LMT-S2P (rev. 5.x). Don't know much about building computers... I worry because my motherboard says "PCI-E 2.0 x16 interface for ultimate graphics support" and the 960 says its 3.0 bus or something like that... Just really confused, so can someone help me out?

Plug it in properly this time

It's not turning on because you plugged something in wrong or not at all.

OP. Are you putting in a new PSU because your old one blew up on you?
If it did, you might have physical damage to hardware

960 will run on PCIe 2.0 x16 with no slowdown at all.

If his case doesn't have intake for the PSU, he HAS to have it facing up
Fucking millennials

And will boost my performance in games by a ton right? Just don't want to buy it and be disappointed.

>games
You're going to be disappointed. There have been no good games released since about 2009.

>performance
I just want to play games over 40fps and came here for help, no smart ass attitude...

Not him but what resolution?

Just 1080x1920, nothing fancy.

Sup Forums isn't your personal tech support you entitled faggot

Just go to reddit's buildapc subreddit if you're looking to be catered to

Just asking for help... If you don't want to help, don't help... As simple as that.

Well CPU does come into the equation too but generally you'll be okay with it on games. You may need to tone some settings down if you want smooth fps on some games. t. 960 owner

Awesome! Thanks for the help.

kill yourself cuck

Mad because someone was kind enough to help me? What a sad sad man you are.

retards like you should have been flushed down the toilet while you were still small

Don't buy a low end nvidia gpu then

For the price of a 960, you can buy a R9 290 which will stomp all over the 960

Obviously it needs more power, but 600w is more than enough

There is already a containment thread for stupid questions like this called the stupid questions thread.
There is also a containment website for imbeciles like you called Reddit which you may wish to use in future.

Like me? Explain? I said I had little experience, asked for help, then proceeded to thank them for the help. I'm as normal as it gets... Go back to Sup Forums please.

>I'm as normal as it gets
This is why an element of this board is not giving you the sort of warm and friendly welcome you're used to receiving at Applebee's.

I bet you'd also let someone fuck your girlfriend for you just to see how it was done. If you're too stupid to research shit on your own, you shouldn't own a computer in the first place.

>implying everyone that owns a computer knows absolutely everything about how to build/upgrade one... youre a real special one bud

unplug everything, plug in an old dvd-rom / floppy drive, connect black and green, throw the power switch on
still not working? your psu belongs in thrash
working like that, but now working when mobo is connected? your mobo belongs in thrash

Ever wonder why there are so many retards like yourself on the internet? There's you answer.

also remove mobo and psu from case, you might have got a short of some sort.

senpai