The 1070

Specifications for the GTX 1070.

pcgamer.com/nvidia-posts-gtx-1070-specifications/

>The 1070 cuts the number of SMs from 20 down to 15, with a corresponding drop in shader cores. Combined with the lower clock speed, we're looking at 28 percent lower computational performance compared to the GTX 1080, but it's also still seven percent more computational performance than a stock 980 Ti.

>On paper, the 1070 has more computational performance than the 980 Ti but lower bandwidth, but the reduced bandwidth is in part overcome by the improved delta color compression in GP104. The net effect will be about 10 percent lower "real-world" bandwidth than a 980 Ti, so depending on the game the 1070 should come in just above or just below the 980 Ti.

>It also gives you an extra 2GB VRAM, and the TDP is 100W lower, and even with the massive drop in 980 Ti prices during the past week or two, it ends up being the better bargain.

I'm stuck with my iGPU waiting for this to come out. Skylake 6700 and GTX1070. I'm set for years. How well did you think it will perform at 1440p?

What card are you goyims looking at right now?

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/world/modern-art-was-cia-weapon-1578808.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm also waiting for 1070.
I have a 3440x1440 monitor, so non-ti 980 seems a bit weak. I hope 1070 will cost about the same and give 980ti performance.

Do gaymes make use of that aspect ratio? How much did the monitor cost you?

And the 1070 is around 400$. Lower than the 550$ 980ti.

>7GB+1GB

Vega
nvidia a shit, im glad i got a 290x instead of a 780 ti like 3 years ago

>980ti REFERENCE****************

>1920 shaders
>one tier below 1080
Nvidia naming scheme a shit. The shaders they cant fix but it shouldve been something else

Yes, almost all games support it either natively, or via Flawless Widescreen. Some of the older games will run with black borders.

I had a korean 27" 1440p before, and felt that I would like even more space. Could spend around 750$, and at this price it's either a good 34" widescreen or korean 40" 4k (which is huge and will require a couple of 980ti).

>And the 1070 is around 400$. Lower than the 550$ 980ti.
How soon do you think it will be available?

Will wait for AMD in the hope of fixing this.
Otherwise it's the 1070 for me.

Kek. NVidia said they weren't pulling that shit again remains to be seen.

I mainly play RPG/Adventure so Gameworks is fascinating to me. I'm sticking with NVidia.

There's the TDP and price to consider. If it's just 10% slower, it's still 10 times faster than my iGPU. Worried about being the beta tester and the shitty drivers tho.

>1070

>listed as 8GB

>not 7+1GB or 7.5gb+512mb

how is this shit even allowed

I was thinking of getting two 1080ps. Two looks weird though. FOV extended on one side only.
I think I'll just go for a single tile 1440p. Spare some money for my gayming chair.

And it comes out June 10th. Wait for the aftermaket ones. Reference cooling is still horrible. Meme "founder's edition" is 100$ more.

I don't really know if I should upgrade since I only play at 1080p anyway.

I know that this isn't recommendation thread but if I were to change my 770 what should it be?

I think AMD will fix that with Async. Instead of massive amounts of cores running haywire i.e. more noise, heat and power.

Go AMD. R9 390. Enjoy Ultra/60fps. That 8GB could be useful for 4K/8K textures.

>1070
>set for years

they'll gimp it senpai

Should I wait for Polaris so they go cheaper?

You should buy Polaris faggot
Well you should wait a month or 2.

wait for polaris and then buy polaris

They won't go too much cheaper. If you really need it, just get one now. If you're staying at 1080p, Polaris will be useless.

They already released the specifications. And I think I read somewhere that they won't do the 0.5 shit again.

He meant gimp it through drivers so you're forced to buy a new card

Wait, they do that? What the fuck...

Love how its allways about that shit. My gpu died a few weeks back, had a 290, now thinking about buying a 1070. This group thinking of you people is what is killing the industry. Just buy whatever fits in your budget and seems legit.

Who knows? They put less effort in their older platforms then amd. So amd shills allways say that shit because their old trash cards are getting better, while nvidia cards are staying the same/degrading a bit. I dont think they make their cards slower though, but i guess someone is going to correct me with some bullshit relative performance % graph.

yes, they do. or at least, their older cards start performing disproportionally worse in newer games. as in, they shouldn't be as slow as they are, but inexplicably are.

just a preview of what's to come should AMD pull out of the industry.

cuck

how fucking dare people attempt to make informed decisions

>2016
>buying a GPU without HBM(2)

Christ those specs are SHIT

i know the xx70's arnt meant to be 'powerful' but thats really not worth getting rid of a 980/970 oc for

Kek

I just really dont care about brands. They both are big companies whom dont deserve my loyalty because they both fucked up sometimes. Its only natural to take everything with a grain of salt and choose the best value for your budget is it not?

massive cuck

Thanks, will probably get Polaris then.

That's like comparing Stalin to your neighbor who you're pretty sure never returned your power drill.

Who's Stalin in this case?

What's group think about it? Do you still think you're back in reddit?

There's no karma whoring and we are all anonymous. Speak your mind and if it makes sense, we'll all take it into consideration.

I don't think anyone is upgrading from a 9xx to 10xx. I'm doing it because it's either use my iGPU or my GT 730. Plus new features seem really cool. AMD will take months to release Polaris. I'm not waiting that long.

>2017+
>Nvidia still sucks

youd be amazed how many retards will upgrade from even a 980ti to a 1070 or 1080.

Wait for Volta retards

Whoa, man. Where'd you get that?

Can someone explain to me the significance of losing 0.5 GB? I don't think any program can really fully 8GBs of GMem right now. Plus the 970 gimp was done for a design reason.

Apparently accessing the last 0.5GBs would slow the card down to where it was detrimental to actually acess that.

NVidia should work on memory bandwidth more. Doesn't matter how fast cores are if memory takes half an hour to access.

Massive keks

>Cucks buy a 970
>They head about 3.5
>Upgrade to 980
>A couple of months later, 980 Ti comes out
>Cucks upgrade to that too

You'd be amazed how many retards did this

Fake.

The memory crossbar configuration for a 256-bit bus has no need for an a slow parition. Check out the diagrams for a 980Ti vs the 1070's.

I'm about to build my first PC. Should I buy a 980 or wait till the 27th for the 1080? With the almost double the price be worth it?

GPU noob here

What's the most important thing in those specs in buying a Video Card

Shader count?

Hitler would have been an excellent architectural artist.

Because no one knows if that's true yet, retard.

>so depending on the game the 1070 should come in just above or just below the 980 Ti.
HAHAHAHAHAHA

can't even beat a last-gen card?
who the fuck will buy this

>more vram
>1/2 the price
>lower power draw
>big overclocks

Besides it replaces the 970, not a 980ti

Wait for polaris, also wait for zen.

Actually, don't build a PC, buy a bicycle or some shit.

man i am excited for 1070.. currently have a 780

Honestly depends what your looking for. 1070 looks fine for price/value if you never plan to go higher than 1080p. 1440 or up looks like it may be underwhelming on it though due to lower bus speed/bandwidth. See

>The 1070 cuts the number of SMs from 20 down to 15,
>The full Pascal chipset is 60SM(56 enabled)

The new Titan is going to be a monster .

Why they gimp *80 for three times the potential? Too much room even considering *80Ti. They will not sell Titan for $2100, will they?

Yes I'll be sticking with 1080p since I see no point in buying a larger monitor in 4 years.

Thanks

You sure you won't upgrade your monitor someday? 144hz and Gsync/Freesync is pretty fucking amazing.

>Vega 10 can't even compete in raw compute power
AMD is DONE

in the past, nvidia has done price drops when newer amd cards come out.

the housefire to end all housefires

Is NVIDYA trying to meme us?

1920 shaders from a cut down
1080 chip

I'm highly interested in the 1070, but won't buy it when its fraud like the previous one. This is the reason why I now 'enjoy' Kepler drivers instead of 3.5.

Otherwise I'm looking for a 980Ti below 350 €. I won't spent a single € more for such a card. Primarily aiming for one or two 1080Tis, I just need something to survive 4K resolution.

>generic art gets denied meanwhile actually original and unique artists get in
sounds about right 2bh famiglia

Probably because the 60SM test Titan was running at 200C.

Its obviously cut much more than the 980>970. Smart people will be looking for second hand 980 ti hybrids at $400.

>half decent technical painting that requires some skill and training, gets denied
>technically weak, artistically ambiguous paintings and sculptures, gets in

Clearly it wasn't about the art; but the man: not enough of a people person to convince others that he wasn't a total hack and his work worth something.

You know, I too could splash some paint on a canvas and use my imagination (which is a good one) to create a sophisticated philosophical narrative behind what I had just done. Essentially, if I am a good salesman, I would be able to convince the gullible and degenerate masses of art dilettantes that I had just created a masterpiece. Welcome to 20th century "art".

Around 1500 €. The Titan X was already 1200 on release. I expect the Ti with a release price of 1000 € ("Founders" shit edition) which will slowly decrease to 8-900 after some months.

I'm not sure about that, I want at least one Ti, but I won't buy one until ME:Andromeda comes out, the point where I actually need that performance. I better save money for a 2nd 1080Ti, because one will possibly not max 4K.

ME4 is still a console game which the 1080 is already nearly 8x the power of. I wouldn't be surprised if 1080 ti sli pulled 100+ fps at 4k with aa disabled.

Lower TDP
Cheaper
Newer features
DX12 optimized

Still getting the 1070

Yeah, anyone with a modicum of technical skill can paint a modern art """""masterpiece""""".
Take a look at this.

independent.co.uk/news/world/modern-art-was-cia-weapon-1578808.html

That's like having my lamp on

You mean the 1080? Because there is not reason to release a stronger card than the 1080 at that price range at the moment, the 1080 replaces the 980 and is still faster than a 980Ti, they would be cannibalizing their sales, if they did it like you suggested people would just buy the card which would last for years at 1920x1080 and won't need to upgrade for years until 4K becomes a common resolution which is going to take at least 5 years more.

Imagine if everyone had twice the performance of a 980ti for just 1920x1080.

thats MB
windows shows everything as MiB

Fucking CIA

>1080
>30% more hardware
>60% more cost

Those yields must be awful.

Wow. This basically seals the deal - if Polaris 10 is at its worst rumored performance - equal or slightly above the 980 Ti - and at is rumored price of $250-350 , it will basically cream the competition at that price range. It is also going to be much, much more efficient than anything comparable, so... AMD may have a win with this one, cleaning up everything but the $600+ top bracket. Now, if it turns out that the Polaris 10 X version is on the high end of the rumored power, then it will basically threaten even the 1080, offering near to its performance for a lot cheaper.

If they can cement Vega debuting this October though, with HBM2 included.. then that will pretty much crush Nvidia until they release the successor to the 1080 Ti that has HBM2, so that may be well over a year of AMD riding high.

AA enabled. I want 60 stable Gsynced FPS. ME3 is a dream, it runs even on a 670 in 4K, but Andromeda will be heavier.

Yeah, it took AMD two years to get to Titan X level performance. NVidia even had a form of Async in Maxwell and before. AMD was just packing shader cores and hoping the performance would compare. Thus the heat and noise.

HBM will be a game changer though. Memory latency and bandwidth has always plagued NVidia.

Damn, man. I'm running L.A. Noire at like 15FPS with my iGPU. I got a few more months of shitty performance before I can go 60fps.

In 4K? Get at least a cheap used one, here AMD is the better deal. A friend of mine runs a 5850 he got for 30 €, it can handle almost everything in medium-high settings 1080p.

In 1440p. Beauty over FPS for me. I'm pretty sure I'll use Gameworks even if my FPS goes below 30.

That made me laugh for some reason

Well, looks like the GTX 1070 will be my card of choice. Running an HD 6950 at the moment and man does it struggle with Fallout 4 (medium specs, Godrays and anti-aliasing turned off STILL can't get a solid 60fps - hovers around 25 - 35fps, sometimes 15 - 25). I doubt an AMD card will perform as well as a 1070 for a $100 USD cheaper.

Nvidia won this generation.

>>What card are you goyims looking at right now?

A Polaris one.

Not really, since I'm pretty happy with what I currently have.

they win by default if you look at their market-share
AMD still doesn't leak or give us any useful information about their polaris, so you can be sure that thing will NOT compete with pascal in any way.

If I remember correctly, polaris 10 will be as fast as a Fury X with less power consumption.

>obsession with butts and pastel are ok
>fuck your artwork of works of art and old women
>and your butt too

>AMD will take months to release Polaris
That's bullshit.
Polaris has been in mass production for half a year. Pascal has only been in mass production for a couple of months, at best.

The Polaris presentation is in one week. The cards will become widely available right after.

Pascal will only be available as overpriced "founders edition" cards for the first couple of months. Cards from board partners with custom PCBs and coolers will take at least four to six more weeks to become widely available, and they'll be fucking expensive.

Nvidia knew they were way behind AMD with their new cards and rushed their Pascal reveal to trick idiots like you into pre-ordering their founders edition scam cards.

>I doubt an AMD card will perform as well as a 1070 for a $100 USD cheaper.
The 490X will.

So weaker than a 1080, unless they price those carads $200 they won't win anything and if they drop the price that low they woul only cannibalize their sales more than currently are.

So is the 1070 dumb fuck

>Polaris has been in mass production for half a year.

What makes you think this?

Where is 750 Ti?

The x90 cards are usually positioned to compete against Nvidia's xx80. The AMD card that would compete against the 1070 would be 480X.

Then get Gsync. But I would wait until some all-compatible sync comes out. Gsync means you're bound to Nvidia. Which is shit when you need a 4K survival card and your only budget options are 970 and 780Ti.

Laughing my ass off into oblivion.
Oh, Murrika. You so cray-cray.

The Fury card is positioned against Nvidia's 980 and the Fury-X against the 980TI.

Various reports from the end of last / beginning of this year for AMD.
Reports from a couple of months ago for Nvidia.

Mass production for GDDR5X memory has also begun only a month or so ago.