We dun goofed?

We dun goofed?

We won, user

chrome os will be used on phones finally?

hopefully Oracle wins so Android is finally killed
java deserves the death

Isn't chrome OS just android with extra botnet?

no

no
It's a gentoo based system with chrome as the GUI

I had a Chromebase for a minute. Basically yeah, it felt like Chrome browser with a file manager stuck on. It needs a lot of work to be viable as a primary OS. Adding Android will help though.

Would Chromebooks be good as a college laptop?

Nope. In fact they're literally worse than $30 android phones.

I think Google will integrate Chrome OS and Android more and more, but they will still remain separate products. They did something to make it easy to port Android apps to Chrome OS.

Depends on your major and what you need to use it for. Some majors require more than just using your computer to take notes and write essays.

it's just a chrome browser laptop
so you decide

If you only need to do documents (through google drive) and web browsing yeh, it's serviceable

Just looked into the expected timeline of support for this. My old C710 will likely never see the light. Time to buckle down and buy one of these sexy beasts?

That logo looks fucking hilarious. I want a hat like that now.

>Chrome OS
Just get a surface pro you dumb fuck. The atom 64GB internal storage + micro sd slot version is like $400. Then wait for pic related to go below $200.

> more than just notes and essays
Other than arts/GD/Media and CS, I can't think of anything that won't just let you use the lab for intensive stuff

No disk (dvd/Bluray) support. Shitty internal storage, you'll have to lug an external HDD with you everywhere. No support for installing ANY software aside from extensions, and maybe now Android apps. Your choice.

I majored in civil engineering for a year. Even in freshman year, we had to use a few programs. Matlab was the main one. I switched to forestry and having ArcGIS available on your own computer was pretty convenient as well. And I've only done one semester of that so far, I'm guessing I'd use it more often in the future.

And yeah, the lab is an option. But it's inconvenient as it's not always open and stuff. It's just easier to be able to work natively on your own computer. Although does Chrome OS support Microsoft's remote desktop whatever it's called? My college had a virtual lab where you could log into it and it would have all the software installed that was relevant to your major.

You forgot the exta botnet part

Yes you can use rdp from chromeos

>256GB

holy shit, I though we reached the limit at 200GB. I thought any smaller and memory cells would become too unstable or something like that