strawpoll.me/10283801
youtube.com/watch?v=zQoL3Wrlx7g
winkeyless.kr/product/b-mini-x2-pcb/
originativeco.com/products/cyrillic-60?variant=16850213061
imgur.com/gallery/k8v7F
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Where's muh Gnu or FSF keycap?

Best keyboard, nothing new comes close.

Can I just say how much I hate the Model M?
I know it's called the "clicky keyboard" but this is just ridiculous

do you not like the noise or what?

>mfw someone offered me $700 for my Viper
>mfw not enough to even tempt me

>I'm a special snowflake autist the keyboard

It's great, ain't it?

That is a symptom of autism.

Interesting keyboard/mouse setup.

But sand your desk smooth.

6.5/10

I would say whimsical.

It's a fucking closet door salvaged from the side of the road.

I do not give enough of a fuck.

>Sup Forums is not your consumer review site
I guess the sticky lies by the minute. Sup Forums is forever shit and people like you are to blame

It's either put links in the OP, or deal with people asking the same five questions 100 times each thread.

>lights behind the keyboard
>not actually backlit keycaps
into the trash it goes.jpg

>implying backlit PBT DSA even exists

I expected clickclickclick not CLACKCLACKCLACK

It used to.

I bought a cherry red board and used it for the whole month and I just ended up using scissor-switch keyboard after a while.
You people are dumb for sticking with 40 year old keyboard technology.
You know what the best part is?
I can resell my keyboard for retail price because you autists want authentic cherry soooo fucking bad.

>reds
Please don't slander the Gochusas with your poor buying decisions.

I just wish there was a proper 60% rubber dome (or scissor) that isn't hhkb lite.

waiting for my filco in the mail :( seems like forever

strawpoll.me/10283801

Should I keep searching for a cheap Model M or go testicles shallow and purchase a Unicomp?

Also, are there any known problems with using a PS/2 --> USB converter, such as input lag or crappy responsiveness?

Thanks in advance, I have to skedaddle in a moment.

Loving it to death.

Hello hello

how is /mkg/ doing?

Is the hhkb still the hottest meme around?

I sure still love mine

It's rather unclear what the hottest meme currently is, but I wouldn't say it's the HHKB.

>input lag
Yeah it's terrible.

You should also switch to an ball mouse, that way there's no optical lag between when the light is emitted and when it's processed. Every little bit helps.

We can talk about simplified signal path enhancement for less laggy wifi if you want too.

What're you gay?

>authentic cherry
LOL these autists are too poor for Alps too, it's funny.

>no alps or matias
>no buckling spring
it's a shit poll

I hear browns are the best for typists but lots of people arguing reds, which one do you prefer?

Reds feel like walking on thin ice, and constantly falling into the water. They suck ass and should be killed with fire. Browns are gay.

What's wrong with browns?
I hate blues because they're loud as shit and blacks are ass, what else is left?

Clears.

If you must get browns, try Gateron browns.

are unicomp keyboards good?

greens vs clears? which one do you prefer? why?

So you've tried blacks? Reds are like way lighter blacks and Browns are like reds with dirt in them

Any advice about the AK33?
basically, I'm looking for a 75% with this keyboards exact layout; it's divine.

youtube.com/watch?v=zQoL3Wrlx7g

If there is a better, hopefully cheaper 75%, I'd love to be pointed in the right direction.
It will be babby's 1st, so I'm undecided about clickclack, but if blue switches are a better choice than black, I've no qualms.

The only detail I am unsure of is replacing the keycaps - how do I find out what ones are compatible woth this model?

>keycaps
>those specal sowflae esc, home and end keys

You will never fnd keycaps.

This is what you want. Same thing with a cooler case and no retarded layout.

>winkeyless.kr/product/b-mini-x2-pcb/

Plus you can get it as a kit and save a bunch along with choosng any switch.

Postin

I'm lovin these caps

I don't understand that link at all...
How do I get a keyboard out of that? If I choose nothing, will I even get a 41 buck mech keyboard? Cause it seems like that site offers a hundred dollar keyboard, when the AK33 is only 35 dollars....

Who the fuck even buys that scratchy cherry shit anyway. Gateron all the way, sounds like you made a mistake

Nice Passport man, got one as well, silver edition though. Fucking love it.
To be honest I don't think the keycaps fit your board very well. I feel like the housing needs something a little more flashy, although I can't name a set out off the top of my head. Also post a picture of the entire keyboard, not just those snippets.
What switches btw?

Thanks dude, Passport is the best fucking phone. It's the first OS I have liked out of the box and not felt like I would need to mod anything because the features were already there.

I'm quite a sucker for plain simple looking keyboards, Don't really hunt for anything too flashy but I have a few builds coming up this year

The board has 67g Purple zealios in there

Another one of mine, which I got 55g gat blacks for today to finish it off

I love those simple bent switchplates. Cheap, reliable and no fucking ping. Also the sound when typing is really nice. It's a shame nobody actually offers those in retail, I'd buy some for sure.

God I want an acrylic plate for my 60% projects...

Acrylic plate is the best, feels so nice to type on

And that isn't a bent plate stand alone, that's the plate for the noppoo lolitia

Are those metal keycaps?

Qisan Magicforce, should I?

What would be the best switch type if I want something that feels hard, kinda like in the old school keyboards? Alps, cherry or topre?

define 'hard'

Something with a bit of resistance, so I can feel it whenever I press. Don't like soft keys because I have a tendency to mispress keys, so I want something that won't press unless I play a good amount of force on it.

matias or cherry clear

Matias aren't really that heavy.
Topre only if you get 55g, since 45g will be to soft. Other than that MX Clear, Green (clicky), or Gateron Blacks (linear). Maybe also buckling spring, but I never owned a keyboard with those.

Matias will be far better than cherry and even topre. 60g and actuates right on top with very defined bump.

what the fuck is it with manufacturers and this ugly ass typeface?

Geez, OP, how come your mom lets you have 2 windows keys?

Got my first TKL with matias clicks and AEKII keycaps. Some of the keycaps broke along the way so I had to make do.

What do you guys think about this?

looks a bit fucked

I'm going to be honest user.

That would probably look better with the stock caps.

>masking tape on the spacebar

The font is disgusting but I think the keycaps themselves look very attractive, kind of vintage looking.
It's only $30, should I get it or look elsewhere?

Thanks guys, but are matias switches really my best option? I have nothing against them, but I'm checking recent reviews about matias keyboards and they all seem to have issues with quality control, which is a bit worrying.

There's absolutely nothing vintage about those keycaps. What the hell.

Don't bother with their keyboards, just get their switches.

How often do you guys clean your boards/caps?

no
your keycap options are basically only pad printed ABS

Taobao has doubleshot ABS.

KBP v60 and v80 matias have good build quality and no problems that I've heard.

the gentle beige colour and the big, visible 'slope' around the keycaps

get any of the heavy ones if you dont want to get buckling spring

Where did you get your cyrillic/English hybrid from? I can't find any D:

I don't know what you mean with slope, but there's no gentle beige colour, they're white as snow.

Originative Co

originativeco.com/products/cyrillic-60?variant=16850213061

hey
look what i got in the mail

Hasu's controller?

yep
i wanted to move backspace to where it should be
and make the volume controls actually work

Pretty sure there is a groupbuy at geekwhack for them right now.
>D:
Don't.

I usually scroll past these threads. The one OP posted is a nice looking keyboard. But you guys have a severe case of autism if you masturbate to keyboards and get triggered by the sound of keys.

i hope you people are happy im gonna spend hundreds of dollars on a keyboard i dont need because these threads make it looks so cool

Test a few before doing it. it is entirely possible that you don't actually like them.

>backspace to where it should be
but backspace is far better there

What are you using it with that the volume controls don't work? I'm having zero problems on os x and linux.

What are you getting?

I have had a blackwidow chroma for a year one, I want to change it for a better one since I know it will broke soon.
Im looking for a more silent keyboard, preferably with numpad and macro,and if its doesnt have custom LED that at least is a good looking keyboard.

When I bought this one I actually wanted to get the Corsair K70 or the APEX M800. But there was no way to get it in my country.

But I really like this keyboard, the macros are really helpful, I use a lot the numpad and the lights are really nice. My only problem is that its still Razer and all my friend's keyboard have broke after a year.

I'm not going to defend razer, but just use it until it breaks and then fix it if possible. If it works then it works.

I want the loudest keyboard possible to wave my dick around, but I don't see anything to help me find that in the pastebin.

Omron or Model F XT switches are the loudest

no, it's not
it should be in the top right corner
the JP version got it right

the volume controls don't work in windows, for no good reason
but now they do :^

Thanks. I have been thinking a lot lately on doing this to my keyboard: imgur.com/gallery/k8v7F

The noise from the keyboard isnt really annoying for me, but my mother is always waking up at night just because of the keyboard.

Tomoko MMC023
AULA Demon King
EagleTec KG011
Qisan MagicForce

Which one? MagicForce seems to be a very popular model with nice aesthetics, haven't heard much about the others but they seem quite nice too.
Just leave the plastic keycaps on for a few months they'll yellow out quick

>Just leave the plastic keycaps on for a few months they'll yellow out quick
I too use my mechanical keyboard in the direct sunlight.