/ptg/ - Private Trackers General

SHD is harder to get into than Exigo and IDE edition

Old thread: Comfy Rules:
>Whatcucks jus go back to >Weebs >irc niggers >>>/suicide/
>ratiocucks >curries >>>/loo/
>r/trackers >>>/what.cd/

New to /ptg/? Have an enquiry? Consult the wiki before asking redundant questions
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers
Or update it yourself if you have a problem with it. Then check Google. If you can't find an adequate answer, ask here.

What.CD interview info: opentrackers.org/whatinterviewprep.com/ and the wiki

Various tracker IRCs and sites open for signup
pastebin.com/dD3cqWKc

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>tracker staff are known to browse and post in these threads - think twice before offering to trade, buy or sell invites and accounts here
>the same goes for publicly offering or accepting invites - even if staffers aren't watching, an user may still report you
>around 60% of posters here chat shit - don't make any claims about sites based on "something you read here once" (this especially applies if a poster has a name/trip attached)
>NEVER ADMIT to buying your account. You will STILL BE BANNED and TI won't give u another free account if you snitched

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Seedboxes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for IDE was a sick meme. Tracker sucks fairy dick

How are those trackers "curry"?

Also, what the fuck is IDE?

What's the worst/most curry tracker out there?

Bitleechers. Scene elite

ahh fuck lads, GoT got me sad

thanks for reminding me to download it.

>tfw watching a Dion encode
>tfw he retired
;-;

When are they gonna take MrIncredible's internal status away.
He's always fucking something up that dumb fuck

Only til AHD5

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHD5 was supposed to be a thing 3 years ago. Just face it, he's done

Which GoT s06e05 encode is the best?

Don Hybrid in like 12 hrs

Any would do. They're all shit and will be shit considering all hdtv caps are pisspoor to begin with.

So is PeerBlock really useless?

Obviously it's not a silver bullet to prevent all copyright enforcement, and obviously it can easily be defeated, but by useless basically what I mean is: given a randomly generated list of IP addresses with as many entries as the peerblock list, would that random list be equally or more likely to block an arbitrary enforcement IP as the Peerblock one would be?

Basically the deciding factor on my decision to continue using it, I've seen a lot of people talk shit about it over the years but always assumed that it doesn't really hurt me and if it provides even a 1% saving throw in the unlikely event of the copyright cops wanting to send me a mean letter then it's still worth it.

Useless. Get a VPN or seedbox.

Do all private trackers even allow VPNs? Also feels like overkill since I'm not really THAT worried.

Seedbox idea is interesting though I've resisted for a long time on the basis that I happen to be lucky enough to have an ISP that gives everyone symmetric plans with a nice big upload bandwidth by default, so I may as well take advantage of it by seeding from home. But out of curiosity how much would a decent entry-level seedbox run me these days?

>given a randomly generated list of IP addresses with as many entries as the peerblock list, would that random list be equally or more likely to block an arbitrary enforcement IP as the Peerblock one would be?
this has nothing to do with why peerblock is useless.

If you are talking about torrents, your IP address is public knowledge to everyone who has downloaded the torrent and connected to the same tracker as you. You do not need to directly connect to them, upload or download. Once you run the torrent client and connect tot he tracker, your IP address is "in the swarm" and anyone can see it.

If the blocklist were strong enough to prevent this, it would also need to prevent you from connecting to the tracker in the first place. You would never find another peer to download from. Torrents would not work at all.

Don't they have to download data from you in order to take action? Or is that not the case anymore?

As far as I know all the top ones WCD, BTN, HDB and PTP allow a static one off any server with a dedicated IP. Your conventional VPNs like PIA are unlikely to fly because it would make it easy for sellers to sell their accounts or hack accounts or pretend to be you or farm your account for invites -- they can't tell the difference between the person who compromised your account/who isn't you and you.

peerblock just prevents someone from making a connection. the RIAA and MPAA don't care about making a connection, though; they just grab the list of IP addresses in the swarm and then send C&Ds to the corresponding ISPs. Given this, literally everyone who torrents or otherwise shares copyrighted content *should* know how useless peerblock is (and peerguardian was).

it's honestly more than a little insulting that peerblock and its users talk about it as though it helps avoid complaints from the RIAA and whatnot. they know full fucking well how useless it is to block connections once the IP address is known. you've already been identified.

Get a seedbox. i have gigabit internet both ways and i don't torrent from home because it's stupid to expose myself to copyright claims like that. take advantage of fast internet some other way.

Forgot to mention that you won't get any DMCA letters since PTs contain autistic staff who will identify any moles and ban them.

I've never gotten a letter and I've uploaded and downloaded terabytes.

The only exceptions to this rule are when peerlists are leaked (in the past few years the only incidence of this is IPT doing this one two occasions I think) and when the entire site is raided (see OINK) however modern PTs are pretty autistic about who can get in so it's harder for the MAFIAA to gain access.

Any recommendations for good seedbox providers that won't set me back too much/

if you are talking about DMCA letters (in the US), no.

They get the list of IP addresses by putting a bad peer on a tracker, then contact the ISPs behind those addresses (again, public knowledge) with a complaint, which is forwarded to you.

In order to launch a lawsuit they will also need to prove you have uploaded or downloaded. But this isn't necessary for a letter or shutting down your internet (after multiple letters), and there are many ways to prove you have uploaded or downloaded which do not require a direct connection.

Huh ok, it seems my information was outdated then.

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Seedboxes
I personally run a super cheap VPS I found on Low End Talk but that carries its own problems (eg the company shuts down for example)

Just made it to emp and bib lads. My PT RPG is at an end.
Guess I could go for 100% or new game+ though.

here
That has never been the case for the purposes of copyright complaints. If they took you to court, you *might* be able to make the claim that you were never seeding or at least that they can't prove you were, but if you want to be the guy that tries that defense first, know that no intelligent person will contribute to your defense, so hopefully you have a lot of money to blow on a lost cause.

the way this works is that someone sends a complaint to the ISP that provides you internet. a Cease & Desist (C&D) doesn't require evidence of any wrongdoing - that only comes if they actually take you to court, which again they're not doing.

The reason you don't want to get caught pirating is that most ISPs are happy to pass along a C&D to the user and tell them something along the lines of "if you make our lives harder, we'll suspend/terminate your service". It makes sense - an ISP isn't in the business of blowing millions on attorney fees protecting clients who are doing something illegal in the first place; they have a cheap, easy way out (to toss you out into the cold) and 99.999% of ISPs take that escape hatch.

Given the arrangement, burden of proof is insanely low, meaning you just have to be seen in the swarm for someone to file a complaint against you with your ISP. PeerBlock doesn't help at all, because you're seen in the swarm no matter what.

That's why you need a VPN or a Seedbox, so the IP address that's seen is one of those, which tend not to buckle as often under pressure from copyright complaints (Whatbox, for instance, forwards complaints to you and gives you 24 hours to deal with the complaint, meaning you should have plenty of time to download the content and remove it).

>harder for the MAFFIAAA to get in
are you being serious right now? they're on most every tracker except OT because it sucks that much and AoM because of their autistic interview process - I had to give up after a based staffer said he he'd help me, I told him it really wasn't worth his time as I really didn't need it that bad. It's fucking insane their admin is balls to the ways austicly challenged in the real meaning of it.

I would never upload a torrent without a VPN or seedbox. I sftp with a VPN too and only seed locally over seedbox. idc if it takes 36 minutes to download a 15GB movie versus 15-20 from my seedbox to PC. It's worth the protection.

If they're in PTs, they must just be there for the ride like us because nobody gets DMCA notices from PTP/BTN/etc.

>I-I don't care if it takes 36 minutes to download a 15GB
>implying that's any hardship
It takes me 35 minutes on a good day to download 1.5 GB.

not him, but it kind of is a hardship if you're fully capable of torrenting on a symmetric gigabit connection.

in 1995 most people would salivate over downloading 1.5GB in 35 minutes. clearly, everything is relative.

>it kind of is a hardship if you're fully capable of torrenting on a symmetric gigabit connection.
It would be a self imposed one.

self-imposed in the same sense that i self-impose a ban on robbing banks or throwing pedantic idiots off ledges. the repercussions would be too great, which are enforced externally; it's not really self-imposed.

Yeah, probably the worst episode they have done.

is /tum.blr/ down or something. where are these blogs coming from??

go the fuck back to >>>/re.ddit/ or >>>/TPS/ just stop with these essays

Private trackers are an autistic meme.

it's really not our problem that you're too much of a retarded faggot to read reasonably comprehensive explanations of shit. just go back to reading twitter

How do you decide to split up the words? tum.blr and re.ddit?

Also what's TPS? TPS reports?

Honestly do I want to know? Are you some kind of illiterate cretin?

two or three sentence posts by thread regulars, answering a question asked in thread about the topic of thread?

"oh god it's tum.blr and leddit"
gtfo.

What's the best private tracker for hit & running new releases of Mongolian progressive harsh noise?

MKC.

rutracker

lol 16MB/s vs 8MB/s is not gigabyte but I get what these aussie uk cucks are saying. they're used to not having instant access to everything. it's a first world problem to have to wait 30 minutes for a movie to finish downloading, tho sometimes I just use a computer without a vpn on and move it over a USB stick if I'm impatient. aussie and NZ aren't 1st world though.

At least Tumblr doesn't scream that they are being persecuted because can't autistically download at maximum speed on their super speshul symmetrical gigabit line because they decided to unnecessarily buy a VPN AND a seedbox for use on private trackers which aren't known to be full of DMCAs and knowingly applied it to their SFTP connection and complained about their inability to commit a federal crime at maximum velocity on a Nipponese Pedo Carpetweaving board FBI honeypot which bans VPNs.

Marks it as spam. I had to we word it twice. It doesn't like "thumb lr" or red dit"

>aussie [...] aren't 1st world though.

Australia has the 2nd highest HDI in the world you cuck. If we aren't 1st world, nobody is.

>16MB/s vs 8MB/s is not gigabyte
... what? i said "gigabit", but even in that context i don't know what you're talking about.

okay. sure. believe that all you want. economic snail. where ukfags go for vacation.

>marks it as spam
most people take the hint when the system's incredibly rudimentary filters tell them to stop shitposting.

can you explain how you were too stupid for that?

You replied to a response on my post. I don't have gigabit connection. Forgive me, it's early here. and I usually shit post before work when you cucks are online.

Huh. Almost half-tempted to get a seedbox but honestly most of them I looked at are more expensive than I'm really willing to pay. I mean hell, it's not even like I am downloading new things even all that often, only when something happens to interest me comes around. Doesn't seem to make much sense to me to pay more than around $5/month just to be able to pirate easier.

I guess I'll just bury my head back in the sand for now and be happy with my PeerBlock placebo and my private tracker placebo.

I bet your shit tier country isn't even on the list you poo in the loo third-world shitter.

Just get onto private trackers then, you won't need a seedbox to upload unless you're maybe have australian internet or VPN on public trackers.

did he write that somewhere in the AHD forums? Can't find anything..

Your ISP will send you six letters before shutting off your internet for piracy. Look up "six strikes". After it gets shut off, you can remove the offending files and email back to get reconnected. If you get ANOTHER violation after that (#7), only then are you in real danger of losing your connection 'permanently'.

After you get five letters, consider a VPN or seedbox. Before that, don't bother. I've never met anyone who's received more than a couple letters, or any other kind of punishment, just for participating in p2p.

>implying America isn't the definition of the first world.
GTFO

I'm not even that user. I'm financefag bored in the office early. Living in New Zealand is curry.

Yeah, I already do download almost everything from private trackers. The only exceptions are currently airing anime which I grab from nyaa (though I could probably switch over to AB or BTN if I really wanted to but it might mean a slight delay since everything seems to pop up on nyaa first) and random-ass desktop apps that I occasionally need like office or photoshop or whatever.
Do they ever expire? I got one letter like 4-5 years ago for pirating some shitty cyberlink DVD program that I uninstalled almost instantly after pirating it because it was a piece of shit. Never got another since, though that was the time I installed peerblock because the letter worried me a bit.

*gets shot by niggers*

*gets slogged $500,000 for one ambulance ride*

>tehlarsie
REEEEEEEEEEPLYYYYY YOU CUNT

>taking an ambulance instead of an uber in [current year]

it's like you enjoy wasting money

>The only exceptions are currently airing anime which I grab from nyaa (though I could probably switch over to AB or BTN if I really wanted to but it might mean a slight delay since everything seems to pop up on nyaa first) and random-ass desktop apps that I occasionally need like office or photoshop or whatever.
Anime is risk free except maybe the most cancerous ones like Bleach. BTN has lower pretimes than Nyaa or Animebytes.
Given the fact that Horriblesubs has a constant AB giveaway they probably have an animebytes account but it always takes at least 10 minutes for it to hit AB.

>random-ass desktop apps that I occasionally need like office or photoshop or whatever
Yeah there's no good source of desktop apps unless I want to compromise my ratio on WCD. IPT might as well be public from the amount of DMCAs that hit them.

For photoshop I just get mine off CGPeers but it's quite the cancerous site in terms of the nonexistent quality control and moderation (some copyright troll kept whinging and harassing people and didn't even get banned, removed or warned at all. )

>new zealand is curry
>higher on the freedom index than USA
Nice country you got there Trump

>mfw living in Switzerland
>mfw Ausfalians have better development
how

We can go outside during the winter wearing thongs without dying for example.

>mfw I look at an old account that got banned out of nostalgia
I'm on the recent visitors anons

>implying you die here in winter
we have max -15C° winters..nothing that could really kill you

Huh, you're right. Maybe I should migrate over to BTN for currently airing shit (pump my snatch count up too while I'm at it, maybe I'll finally make it to Guru) since they seem to have stuff up I checked pretty fast.

Though it means saying goodbye to convenient MALu auto torrenting functionality and having to manually set up RSS feeds in my torrent client again, but I guess that's not so bad.

At least you don't have any homeless people who can freeze to death like in America.

Sorry I meant to say that BTN had worse pretimes than Nyaa and AB. I've seen some movies take weeks to get uploaded but the anime episodes tend to get on at a decent speed but usually hours later.

Nyaa first, AB second, BTN 3rd. BTN's only really good for old anime series

Why are they called private trackers if the public are allowed to know about them?

Ah, I guess I really ought to get power user on AB one of these days so I can take advantage of their notifications. Just haven't been arsed to so far.

If nobody else congratulated you I will. You've done well. How long ago did you start? Once again, welcome to /setforlife/

plus, we have real democracy.
>mfw when minarets were banned by the people

If you're not PU I'd prioritise AB over BTN.

Getting PU on BTN was the hardest thing ever. AB PU was easy as hell.

Already Elite on BTN, only reason I'm not on AB is I never bothered to upload anything.

>snatching and seeding on a ratioless tracker is hard
wew

I don't want to download shit I'm not interested in watching for the explicit purpose of getting snatches.

you christcucks are so cute, you think this will stop islam?

>mfw over a thrid of torrents on PTP are XviD

my my, what a young patrician you are :^)

no, but it will stop the shitting up of the look of our cute villages

Agreed, 250 snatches is bullshit, I'm seeding over a TB of data for fuck's sake

See his custom title.

weird..

for a while

Weird?

Is it true I can get banned on PTP just for posting in these threads?

Don't worry, our country will stay free of islamic symbols in plain sight :^)

old. movies

>watching SD content in the year 2016
>implying you can't encode dvd's with x264

Thanks senpai.
I started about 6 months ago.
Emp and bib were my goal trackers. I got offered an invite to bib but wanted to follow the /pure/ meme. I don't really watch movies/tv so I don't care about ptp or btn.

> implying every movie has a HD release...

>implying there are dvds available for everything
>implying everything makes it to bluray

You're a retard aren't you?

watching SD content in the year 2016
wew lads :^)

I do it gladly.

The human eye can't tell the difference above 480p anyway

Who is better, waffles or what.cd?

what.cd

are you honestly asking that?