REEEEEEEEEEEE

REEEEEEEEEEEE

What a scam

Other urls found in this thread:

developers.google.com/android/nexus/images
m.att.com/shopmobile/legal/terms.wirelessCustomerAgreement.html
cnet.com/news/what-verizons-fcc-tethering-settlement-means-to-you-faq/
forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=48915118#post48915118
forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-5x/general/guide-how-to-unlock-tethering-nexus-5x-t3231301
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is this real life?

This is the point where you install Cyanogenmod. Or maybe just stock Android.

So do you pronounce it very-zonn or ver-eye-zon? As a Brit I always thought it was the former, but the latter makes more sense I guess.

I have minor mental retardation.

Works fine on my Note 5.

There are dozens of apps that do the same thing, bypassing the provider. I'm using one right now. Do your research m8

I'm using a stock Nexus 5X.
Vur - eye - zun
It's still bullshit.

Time to root your phone and install vanilla. I can use hotspot on my phone all I want and they have never said a thing.

>subscription to use a basic feature of your OS/phone
Is this the real life?

Hahahahahahaha. Please stop user. In yurop nobody does this shit. How does it feel having that verizon cock up yoir ass telling what you can and can't do with YOUR mobile data? I swear too god americans are so cucked when it comes to smartphones.

>too
Your shitskin is showing, pajeet

The US is less white than almost every European country.

>stock Nexus 5
Didn't you buy it from Verizon?

Nah I bought it from Google's store then moved it over.

If you want mobile hotspot, boost mobile is where it's at mang. They give you 8GB of it on the unlimited plan. Though I have no idea what happens after you use the 8GBs, gonna find out this month. I think they throttle it to 128Kbps but I'm not sure.

Kek americucks get cucked again

>Nah I bought it from Google's store then moved it over.
you accepted a fucking Verizon OTA update, didn't you?

reflash with stock and try again.
here's your google:
developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

>They give you 8GB of it on the unlimited plan.
You're a faggot if you give in to that limitation.

Not all of us, at least as much. I only pay $55 a month for my unlimited high speed mobile data + 8GB mobile hotspot. Though like I said I'm not sure if the 8GB is a hard cap or just means speeds go down to 128 Kbps.

Name a better deal for $55 a month in burgerland. No carrier in the US has unlimited high speed mobile hotspot AFAIK.

>using a CDMA phone
you asked for this.

Shit I've been using unlocked phones on AT&T for the last 2 years and i haven't had this problem

I have unlimited data with Verizon and want to use it though.

I just went through like 5 'wifi tethering' apps and they all fail. They're just a skin on top of the native functionality which is blocked.

And I don't have a usb c converter so I can't root shit.

I didn't take anything from Verizon. I'm using the developer preview of N and before that I took whatever OTA Fi pushed out prior to that. I just got a new sim card today/my phone activated on Verizon so maybe the guy did some sorcery on my phone in the 30 seconds I wasn't looking? It seems improbable though.

I can think of many European countries which are 0% white, like Portugal, Spain, Ireland, Italy, Greece, I could go on.

>unlimited data with Verizon
they've never let you use tethering on any unlimited plans in the states ever. You have to root to get it to work or just get a limited rate plan

Sure. Yell me how to root a note 4 on at&t

>I have unlimited data with Verizon and want to use it
Too bad, verizon are big fucking jews that want to bleed you dry of your money. Though congrats on being on a grandfathered plan. Hang on to that as long as you can.

Though if you really want hotspot then I'm afraid switching to another carrier is your only option. Rooting has become increasingly difficult to impossible. Tried like 20 different methods to root my Warp Elite, none have worked so far.

Metropcs is also a good MVNO with mobile hotspot though their unlimited high speed plan costs $5 more than Boost's. one.

That's your problem for buying Samsung, not mine.

I recently switched to Project Fi. It's great. No dicking you around, just straightforward, reasonable billing.

Remember the days when companies (especially Verizon) got special versions of phones that disabled all Bluetooth functions other than the Headset Profile so that you'd be forced to buy fucking *ring tones* through their stupid store?

Remember paying for *ring tones*?! Motherfuckers.

I got my first cell phone around 1998 or 1999. Nokia 6110 (or same family) on AT&T. You could send email to your phone number and, I think, respond from the phone. They didn't even know there was any value to texting yet!

You're violating ToS though. If they start inspecting data packets they might figure out you're a freeloader and terminate your service. Careful family.

THIS

You are as stupid as you are cancerous. If they truly cared and weren't just taking money from the stupid they would already be looking for that. DPI would be a violation of privacy laws anyways.

>I recently switched to Project Fi. It's great. No dicking you around, just straightforward, reasonable billing.
>$10/ 1 single GB
>reasonable

With the mobile data I've used these last few months I would have gone bankrupt if I had been stupid enough to get meme fi.

>Rooting has become increasingly difficult to impossible
>Nexus 5X from Google

Install PdaNet, werks for me, has options to prevent

>You are as stupid as you are cancerous. If they truly cared and weren't just taking money from the stupid they would already be looking for that. DPI would be a violation of privacy laws anyways.
You also agreed to a ToS which includes things like DPI which violate your privacy if you see it that way. They usually take a few months to collect enough info to conclude you are using unauthorized mobile hotspot and when they find out they will usually give you a warning but they can terminate your service altogether if they chose to.

In the land of the free corporations are allowed to fuck over consumers left, right, and center. God Bless!

My ToS did not include a DPI clause. I have been using it for years now and AT&T, the possibly most Jewish mobile carrier, has never said a thing.

Even the most greedy Jew wants 15€ for 5gb monthly in my country.

Please disable your tripcode you cancerous little cum stain.
Everyone already hates you on this board, so why are you still publicly whoring?

$10/GB is insane. I probably use a couple GB just with Spotify. Then doing any actual work from a laptop.

I do like how clean their system is though. It's a good deal if you don't need data.

What IS a mobile hotspot anyway?

Vomit is one of the less retard tier tripfags

I don't give a fuck. He's cancerous and he should've killed himself already.
It's truly pathetic to beg for attention on anonymous board for losers. Just quit using this retarded tripcode.

Your phone creates a wifi network so you can connect it to with your laptop or whatever and use the cellular data network through it.

You sure senpai?

>"If you use a Mobile Share plan with any device that is not a Designated Data Device, for tethering or as a mobile hotspot with more than five (5) simultaneous users, or otherwise use the plan in any way that is inconsistent with its terms, you agree that AT&T may: (a) suspend or terminate service to the account; (b) place any non-complying Device on an appropriate Mobile Share plan; and/or (c) add any other required element of the plan."

m.att.com/shopmobile/legal/terms.wirelessCustomerAgreement.html

>With the mobile data I've used these last few months I would have gone bankrupt if I had been stupid enough to get meme fi.

So? How is your little story at all relevant?

The majority of my data use is over Wifi. With Project Fi, I can allocate a fairly low recurring fee and if I go over, I just get billed at a predictable, incremental rate. If I use less than the recurring amount, then I get a credit on my next statement. I'm not aware of any other company with such a clear, honest, consumer-friendly billing plan.

I generally use under a gig of mobile data per month. I'd bet a large percentage of Sup Forums isn't far off from my case.

I'm sure as I signed up for my service before this went into effect. They haven't cared for five years now, I doubt they will care now.

>no bullshit overage fees
>no increasing pricing tiers
>no need to overestimate your monthly usage to avoid the aforementioned
>FUCKING CREDIT FOR WHAT YOU DON'T USE
>insane

You're an idiot.

Here in the UK I can use my phone as a hotspot for free and since I have unlimited data I routinely provide free internet for those around me if I've got a charger and a plug. Feels good, man.

I thought that was tethering. What's the difference?

Yeah. $10 a GB is insane pricing. I'm glad you don't use data and it works for you gramps.

Show me better pricing with all of the listed advantages.

Think "horizon" with a V

There are only two non retarded trips on this whole site and they're both here and neither is that cunt.

Floens and the guy who made logical increments. That's it for the whole fucking site.

Tripfags need to fuck off.

t. Floens

>I generally use under a gig of mobile data per month. I'd bet a large percentage of Sup Forums isn't far off from my case.
Doubt it. Most don't have free wifi and their own wifi to use all the time and people like watching youtube, netflix, or torrented chinese cartoons on their phones. Youtube alone can easily eat 1GB of data in a single day if you watch 720p clips all day.

>Most don't have free wifi and their own wifi to use all the time

Let's see some evidence of that.

What, is the majority of Sup Forums in undeveloped Africa now?

/bread

WE DON'T GIVE A SHIT YOU FUCKING DRAMA WHORE! JUST FILTER HIM AND STFU YOU PIECE OF SHIT!!!

Why are you even on Sup Forums if you're this easily triggered anyway?

>I can think of many European countries which are 0% white, like Portugal, Spain, Ireland, Italy, Greece, I could go on.
>Americans actually believe this

We know it's you floens :^)

Legally I don't think Verizon can stop you using any third part app as a hotspot.

cnet.com/news/what-verizons-fcc-tethering-settlement-means-to-you-faq/

Actually its buying the at&t version, tmobile version has an unlocked bootloader

No they can't but they can suspend/terminate your service according to their tos.

PDAnet works great for iPhones, I assume it has good poordroid support too. AT&T unlimited plan here, have used 25GB at most in one month. Never gotten shit about it.

>calls others triggered
>caps lock rant

Right m8

Y'all niggas days is numbered. Enjoy it while it lasts. AT&T sent me a text warning that they would suspect my service if I kept using hotspot (used usb pdanet). Switched over to metropcs since then and make due with the 8GB they give me each month.

Because I see the same fucking shitpost every fucking day. We get it the tripfag in the thread triggered you, don't blog about it in the thread.

What's worse is if people really hated tripfags that much then they would do everything to avoid giving them attention. Blogging about how they got triggered doesn't fucking help get rid of them you know.

If u like trips so much y dont u marry 1

One time I got a text from them about throttling beyond X data usage. I contacted their support immediately and made them aware of the FCC ruling making what they wanted to impose illegal. Suffice to say I have never suffered any throttling and have not heard from them regarding data usage since.

I don't, everyone is equally shit and incompetent here whether you use a trip or not.

Anyway just fucking ignore them if they bother you that much. It's much better to filter them and stfu than to blog about them in the thread. Haven't you fuckers realized you're giving the fucking tripcucks what they wan't when you rant about them?

literally one-click root through wugfresh

>
>I can think of many European countries which are 0% white, like Portugal, Spain, Ireland, Italy, Greece, I could go on.
Holy shit kys

Att doesn't have this problem

On the Unlimited plan *cough*22GBsoftcap*cough* it does.

Source: Worked in an ATT callcenter. Outsourced to Canada. Shit got awkward when callers would praise god because they finally "got an American"

>america

We have carriers that give you hotspot it's just OP is on one of the worse mobile carriers in the US.

I have to keep my old moto X just so I have a phone for hotspot when I need it... Fucking bullshit this is.

Uh, any unlimited data plan?
Boost $55 Plan?
Simple $60 Plan?
That's unlimited GBs for no added charge.

Easy fix OP follow this guide and it will enable tethering.
forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=48915118#post48915118

Shit sorry that's the link for the tool you need this is the guide
forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-5x/general/guide-how-to-unlock-tethering-nexus-5x-t3231301
should work with most Nexus devices running Android 6.0.1 might work with other devices using Android 6.0.1

you want the best, you pay for it.

my rooted verizon note 2 can hotspot just fine

and yet those are limited to like 8mbits for a certain amount of data and then you drop down to around 3 or 4.

but unlimited is unlimited i guess

>watching HD video on a 3~5inch screen

Do you also listen to FLAC via your Beats earbuds?

>I think they throttle it to 128Kbps but I'm not sure.

Try 64kbs and that's if you have LTE.