What do you score?

What do you score?

10fastfingers.com/typing-test/english

Around 60-67.
Might find a program to help me boost that, but then I think is there really a point if I already know how to touch type?

I basically just go on typeracer while bored, waiting for things to load/install etc. I also used it to help practice DVORAK but just sort of didn't stop once I'd learnt it.

meh i can peak a bit higher

Shieeeeet, new high score.

91, I thought I'd be closer to 50. What a pleasant surprise.

Not bad for my netbook's chiclet keyboard

nah ~

I made a lot of mistakes, I think I could do better

i usually score around 130 on this old 3$ keyboard even tho i type about 1/10 words with letters misplaced.

How long did it take you to type this fast?

>typing above 40 is still better than most people

Thang god I type at like 60, but I'm not taking it on mobile

What's better... accuracy or speed?

I could probably get slightly faster if I wasn't making sure not to fuck up.

Neither is better. Both are equally important and should exist together. You're almost past the century though so just keep at it.

I'd say several years, but if you use your computer on a daily basis it shouldn't be long for you.

I'm not the guy you replied to, but I type 130wpm avg and 150+ peak.

I always typed somewhat fast but practicing on typeracer made me go from like 100 avg to 130. By practicing I mean just typing a few times a day when bored, nothing crazy.

Hot damn Sup Forums is slow.

I can only type at like 50 words per minute, my school never taught me to type and i only use my thumb, index and middle fingers, how do i get better?

As said, they're both important. In my eyes, being able to type quickly may be better because you are able to get your ideas out faster and such. For most things you can edit and correct any mistakes you made along the way.

download Mario Teaches Typing

Better than I expected considering I only use middle and index on my right hand.

>Hot damn Sup Forums is slow.
Yeah honestly anything under top 5% should be a bit embarrassing for someone who spends a good chunk of time on the computer.

Left is the mechanical keyboard meme, right is some $5 junk keyboard.

kek, not him but I was actually thinking about using that game to learn

10fastfingers is shit desu, I prefer typeracer it's actual text and not random words. I avg around 135 on typeracer and peak at 160 :)

you literally cannot beat me

My school never taught me to type. Just google how to learn to touch type, then just stop typing the way you do now and touch type everywhere instead. It will be painful for the first week but after that it's easy, and you'll only get faster.

OP. Typeracer is the shit. Got to my 500th race earlier today.

i did this, were you joking? i never played this kind of stuff when i was young, deprived childhood
i'll do this i think, i can type without looking at the keyboard, i just don't type correctly

Burty good.

Program like the speed of sonak

Usually between 90 and 115 depending on the day.

These threads used to have almost everyone over 100

>52
I used to be much, much quicker.

Then again, I'm a lot fitter now than I was then.
>pshh, nothing personnel Sup Forums

This. it's like it's been invaded by elderly people with carpal tunnel, if you score less than 100, you should leave Sup Forums immediately.

Typelets, please kill yourself.

100 WPM is the cut off point.

How the fuck do you type slower than 100WPM, my 120WPM already feels really fucking slow.

anything over 90 is close enough they'd probably be able to hit 100wpm if they were autistic and gave a shit (as you apparently do)

>they can't do supertasks
Plebs.

But I DO have carpal tunnel, user...

Also chronic tendinitis in both elbows. Fml

On cherry mx blues, whilst sleep deprived am I hardcore yet Sup Forums?

if it werent for a 4 typo streak where i was pressing the spacebar at the wrong time, this could have been better

i dont know, pretty average for touch typing id say

120 WPM is the typelet cutoff.

Could have been waaaay better.

I like how the other slow typists exiled the thread in fear. Won't stop me though. Check it.

Index and middle finger only on chiclet keyboard master race reporting in

fast-typers, do you follow this?

Some probably won't. Not a fast typist but I've definitely improved more quickly since committing to specific fingerings.

Is this what happens when most people type more on their thumbs than on a real keyboard?

>fast typist
>21st century

Oh shit.

I suck

Git gud
Not bad at all. Seriously though, how the fuck can most people not do at least 100 WPM? You have to have fucking carpal tunnel to not be able to type minimum 95 WPM

me too, friend.

Suck my dick.

bleck; laptop chiccies in bed

I might be able to go faster

>2 people use their typing speed to belittle people who are below an arbitrary limit while just happening to be 1 above it

When it comes to the top row no.

>Usually get around 100 wpm
>Type with my 2 index fingers

I suck today

No user, if you can't hit 100 while casually typing you're a tard

My score. It's not the best, but I guess it's pretty good.

>how the fuck can most people not do at least 100 WPM
>gets 101WPM

shut the fuck up, you barely made it you ignorant shit, and 95wpm is nearly the same as 100 so you should feel just as shit if you think 95 is bad.

Goddamn I missed that one word

100% baby

lol I am xXx|1337_haxor|xXx

>more words than keystrokes

damn

the meme is real

I once got somewhere near 100 on this. On chiclets, no less. Guess I'm out of practice.

Either that or this GAYMEN SIDEWANDER XSIXXXXXXX is shit for fast typing. It is a bit stiff on the uptake.

I'll report back when I GIT GUD

Well that was the fastest GETTING GUDDER I ever saw.

> (OP)
> (OP)
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Git gud
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Not bad at all. Seriously though, how the fuck can most people not do at least 100 WPM? You have to have fucking carpal tunnel to not be able to type minimum 95 WPM

Not everybody's a fucking loser that wastes their life on Sup Forums

I've probably degraded over the years. I don't really find much use for typing fast since in almost all cases the limiting factor is figuring out what to type.

git gud Sup Forums

I'm averaging 132 though

No. I barely have any control over my pinkies, I don't trust them at all. And I only use my right ring finger for the backspace. ~120WPM regardless.

Pretty good I'd have to say so myself. Did 1 practice try before this result.

These tests are stupid. Why do they not include capital letters, parentheses, numbers, punctuation? Makes no sense, since these things are probably a bottleneck for most.

go to typeracer or another wpm site

the tests that include a lot of punctuation aren't generally a test of your typing speed but how well you can carbon copy what you're reading, its' a lot like spelling, often the excerpts are from older books and use uncommon grammar or a lot of grammar that people might not necessarily use if they were to write the same sentences

>highest in the thread
Now I feel better because I always see fuckers hitting like 180+ and just wondering how they can actually do that

I only average 146 though

who /colemak/ here?