1070 benchmark

Poo-laris BTFO

1070 confirmed for above Titan X performance!

Other urls found in this thread:

videocardz.com/60253/amd-radeon-r9-480-3dmark11-benchmarks
youtube.com/watch?v=DvCsT_dk-1E
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphics_Core_Next
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

THANK YOU BASED NVIDIA

>manufacturer A's unreleased product's performance is rumored to be "about X"
>manufacturer B is screwed

i do not understand how this makes sense to people

Polaris is better. 1070 is neck and neck with titan x, polaris is far bit a head of it.

videocardz.com/60253/amd-radeon-r9-480-3dmark11-benchmarks

>3DMARK11

OH LOOK, IT'S THIS DUMBASS AMDPOORFAG POO IN THE LOO AGAIN

>CF

Hmm I wonder what that stands for??!?!!

>1070 and 1080 were both cucked by nvidia putting only 8 pin
>overclocks are power limited
Lel.

I find a strange sense of irony in that, people will always go to a benchmark, until that one specific benchmark happens to show a competing product performing better.

Almost have to wonder about the actual age of some people on this board.

Isn't the 1070 rumored to have 25% of the CUDA cores of the 1080 disabled? Seems like it's punching a bit above its weight then in that Firestrike benchmark if either of those claims is accurate. Maybe the 1070 is more powerful than we've been lead to believe.

>3dmark

Since when is 3dmark an accurate measure of performance? I need to see ingame fps.

Or mental status. The brand loyalty here is straight up autistic.

Eh it's pretty fucking accurate if the game isn't fucked with optimizations that show bias to one company or the other. Wait, you're right since that's basically no games these days lel.

But is it actually 8gb?

>1070 confirmed for above Titan X performance!

It wasn't a question whether the 1070 can beat a Titan, but a question of when did the drivers come out that gimped the Titan to 1070 levels.

Good ol' Nvidia, gimping cards straight from the get go. Can't say I'm surprised, after all, this is the 970 2.0

That's how different grades of GPU have always worked.

The "gimping" is actually mostly it's GDDR5 vs GDDR5X.

>there are bakas in this sekai that think that Titan X is a consumer card or that people actually buy it for consumer use
lel kek lulz

Yeah but AMD does that too. I mean the 380 and the 380x are technically the same GPU.

Don't forget how badly they're gimping AMD cards into requiring 2 of them to make sure their flagship can compete with the Nvidia flagship.
Rememebr Nvidia controls all benchmarks real and imagined. Fucking taiwanese jew illuminati.

Underrated

>He doesn't understand product binning
290 is a defective 290x that didn't make the grade
380 is a defective 380x that didn't make the grade

970 is a 980 that didn't make the grade

960 is literally a 980 sawed in half (D/E/F sample)

Games are barely even using 4GB and it's not powerful to run 4K at slideshows
>inb4 futureproofing

A 970 will be obsolete in 2 weeks and drop down to sub $200 levels long before games required more than 3.5 GB of RAM.

>3DMark Fire Strike GRAPHICS Scores
>3DMark GRAPHICS Scores

Are these graphs from the same benchmark or not?

>Polaris
>flagship
Too obvious man

Exactly.
For years now I've seen nVidia shills run straight to Furmark and 3Dmark..While AMD shills will always run to, well, anything that isn't Gameworks sponsored.

>IT"S NOT AMD'S FLAGSHIP REEEEEEEE VEGA IS COMING OUT HONEST! IT'S NOT LIKE AMD HAS EVER DELAYED SHIT INDEFINITELY
2018 launch for Vega just in time to get BTFO by Volta.

>drop down to sub $200 levels
SLI fags will buy these up before the prices crash that low thinking they're getting a great deal for a cuck card at $260.

>SLI fags will buy these up
Why not get double the peformance of 2 1070's for $200 extra instead? It's literally more performance per dollar anytime. And 970s slied are terrible because of the ram issue.

Fucking retard the 2nd result is crossfire

Polaris 10 is the successor to Tonga (285, 380, 380x). Stop trolling me m8 REEEE.

I don't know man. People are stupid. I'm just saying they will create enough demand to keep 970 prices high. This shit has been going on since SLI/crossfire became "sort of" common over the past 5 years.

nope theyre from different benchmark which is why the titan x has a much higher score on one than the other. idk why theyre using to completely different benchmarks

I suspect jewery, from either Nvidia or AMD

>t wasn't a question whether the 1070 can beat a Titan
No you're right, the question was whether it would beat the 980ti, beating the titan x is just icing on the cake.

Stay mad AMDrone

I don't think it will, People bought the 970 because they wanted a cutprice 980. The prices have since dropped like a stone since the 3.5gb meme came out. Generally prices don't drop if demand is strong. And I know most consumers will avoid AMD like a plague even though they might be cheaper because of the heat/noise.
>inb4 my 380x doesn't even make a sound or go above 65c

Fans are noisy while gaming, heat is still produced and blows into your room requiring further ventilation. Most people dislike these things.

If this is legit that's actualy insane, at 380$ this card will be a big hit

>AMemeDrones not even intelligent enough to read a simple chart
>what is CF

>same card code appears at the bottom with 75% the performance
>the card appears again with :CF in the code name

I wonder what these magical letters mean?

It must suck to be a poorfag NEET right about now seeing these benchmarks BTFO'ing AMD. If you want quality, sure you buy it at a premium rate, but who cares if you make enough

>42% scaling in CF
Amd and drivers

Pick one

>our high end cards are better than their mid range cards, AMD FAGS BTFO

Can't wait for Vega to release and the nvidia tears it will bring.

>Vega chips my released
>Judging midrange to high end silicon
>Literally retarded logic

Muh Nvidia hurrrrrrr

These aren't Nvidia's high end cards silly

This is gp 104, the succesor to the 970 and the 980

GP 102, the succesor to the 980ti and the titan x will be their high end card

Holy shit, Polaris 10 will have to be really good for people to not save up the extra 100$ for this kind of performance.

$230 polaros
>equal to gtx 970

$339 1070
>better than 980ti

I dont really participate in console/gpu wars but are amd fans literally retarded?

god damnit this is getting annoying listening to people talk about the crossfire performance

we don't even know if this is real, but fuck me, look at that, crossfire scales 90-100% now, and that is barely above 50% scaling

assuming this is real, either the drivers are not worked out, and we will see a performance gain, or there are no crossfire profiles that are working correctly, so we will see a gain, but all this does is confuse idiots and give ammo to people who hate amd for some retarded reason.

so lets take the confusion out,

this is supposedly polaris 10, the 380 and 380x replacement.

we don't even know this for sure, its not vega, that's to far out to be showing silicon yet, but polaris is around the corner so we assume this based on the hitman benchmark.

So this is where Polaris 10 (R9 480 & R9 480X ?) would be placed if the 22.6% decrease (calculated from 1080, Fury and R9 390x score decrease) in score (from 3DMark to 3DMark Fire Strike) is consistent with Polaris 10 architecture.

In between the 980 and the fury yes, just like in the last benchmark

If it's not real, it's laughable, If it is real, still laughable.
AMD fags here claiming that CF doesn't stand for crossfire is the most laughable thing ever and just adds fuel to the fire that AMDrones are retarded.

>NVIDIA BTFO Threads the instant this shit comes out
>People with half a brain point out that CF is in there
>BUT IT'S NOT EVEN REAL I WANT TO BELIEVE WE DON'T KNOW FOR SURE BACKPEDALLING

sasasuge amdtards

>I literally can't read words

Pretty sure actual AMDfags have paid close enough attention to know that the 480x will be an upper midrange card, not better than the Titan X, lel.

DESU the benchmarks are probably legit but we still have to wait a while to see some real performance with aftermarket tweaks for all brands.

Maybe because you know, AMD's stellar crossfire drivers are at it again

These are good proxy's for performance though because all cards in that benchmark are probably stock

Well I guess we know what everyone looking to upgrade from 970/390 performance will upgrade to this year

buy it goy, at the end of the day is going to be gimped when another card comes out

The only gimped cards are AMD's which can't even match Nvidia performance which more cores and wider memory busses

>le gimp meme

youtube.com/watch?v=DvCsT_dk-1E

BUT YOU'RE NOT POSTING THE CHERRYPICKED MEME BENCHMARKS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Oh yeah no doubt, I'm just saying if it turns out that Pascal overclocks as well as Maxwell did compared to the latest from AMD then it could shake things up enough to be interesting.

Yeah should be pretty awesome

>incoming shitload of buttcheap used 980ti's

>There are retards on this thread that spent $600+ on 980tis knowing full well that a die shrink with literally exponential performance is coming out.
Jesus take the wheel.

AMD IS FINISHED AND BANKRUPT

Holy shit how cringey was Jensen's announcement of the 1070.

nice shilling panjeet

Awesome rebuttal Pajeet, totaly discredited that evidence

get a trip so i can filter you nvidiot

>evidence
All he proved was AMD gets better over time while Nvidia is stagnant. AMD once again is the smart buy.

He proved that Keppler isn't getting gimped, but the gap between older AMD cards and it closes because 'newer' AMD cards still run on the same old shitty GCN architecture and thus benefit from optimizations for their rebrands

If they actualy gimped their cards like you claimed, there would be a performance decrease on Keppler cards, and there isn't

That is easy to do when it is the same GPU year after year.

That's exactly how an Nvidiot would spin that conclusion

That is what an honest person would see if they looked at the numbers.

Where do you see a performance decrease from gimping? Show me

What does it matter if it's easy to do it? What does that matter to the consumer, you idiot? Fact is AMD cards are getting supported for longer, whereas old Nvidia cards are stagnating.

>gets better over time
Maxwell got better over time, they just gave up on kepler because maxwell actually makes them money right now and not kepler, they don't sell kepler cards anymore so they don't give a fuck.
I don't think this is scummy. Only retards keep GPUs for longer than 2 years and expect them to keep up with software updates.

7970s are still being sold by AMD today tahiti and tonga are basically the same shit, It's actually the fact that AMD recycles so many cards that they still have 'driver' updates.

It's over guys. AMD won this round.

Most AMD cards are literally still being sold today.
It's not the fact that they're supporting them longer. It's the fact that they're rebranding the shit and selling them today still while Nvidia has moved on to bigger better things.
>AMD are saints
Anything pre GCN is forgotten like an ugly stepchild.

>Fact is AMD cards are getting supported for longer, whereas old Nvidia cards are stagnating.

They get supported for longer because they keep reusing old architectures. If you think this is a good thing you are tech illiterate

Nvidiots literally on Iron Lung life support. Someone just pull the plug please.

How did you arrive at that conclusion?

So fuck anyone who bought anything before 9xx series?

They're keeping up well for their price, I don't see a problem

>Make extremely powerful and versatile architecture
>Let it mature and grow over time
>End users see boosts in performance over the years
Seems like a pretty based company DESU.

7970 is still relevant today.

unlike pre-war shit from Novodya

>they keeap reusing old architectures
>AMD only has to release actual new cards every 4 years to stay competitive
So you guys are saying Nvidia is just shit at making GPUs then?

And they have iterated upon GCN tbqfh

They sell bigger chips with much higher power consumption at a lower price to stay competitive yes.

That's what you do when the competitor has a superior product, you cut prices and take a smaller margin.

>So fuck anyone
It's not fuck 'them' it's 'that's all the performance you're going to get and we'll do bugfixes but we're refining the new architecture now because we're actually selling those cards right now'.

It's literally the same with AMD their architecture is just older and recycled. They're still making the same old stuff they were years and years ago and selling it.
Nvidia stopped selling Kepler cards for more than 2 years now.

really? what features did they bring to later versions that they also did not bring to 1.0?

the 7970 is basically still being sold by AMD as the r9 380x today. It's not surprising it's still relevant but it's severely gimped by lack of ram.

Houseonfire 2.0
and
Nodrivers 3.1

I'm sure you know how to use google, buddy

You made the claim, it is up to you to defend it.

Can't wait for the geforce 1070 but I have to. Waiting on MSI or EVGA to get their hands on it. Then that's all me.

You've made that claim that AMD's been reusing the same architecture, you haven't provided any evidence to support your claim either (cause it's bullshit)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphics_Core_Next

Fucking read for fucks sake.

It's common knowledge that they are still on GCN

Nvidia will win if you can actually fucking buy a 1070 for $380
Good luck with that though

same. looking forward to the evga 1070

>he doesn't know that AMD has been stagnant on GCN for literally 3 generations of cards now

It's like an ignorant retard that just came out of the cave yelling at you that the sun doesn't really exist because he's never seen it before.

Spiritual successor but slightly new arch with updated GCN.

And no, those chips aren't RAM starved. 2GB and 4GB 380s perform fairly close at 1080p. The 380x only sports 4 more CUs, hardly enough to soak up the bandwidth provided by 4 GB/256 bit bus.

You're a retarded cunt

GCN has been through several iterations. Nvidia has done the same shit since Fermi by making minor improvements with each generation, they just don't have an overarching name for it like AMD does.

Doesn't really matter, it doesn't have enough juice to go past 1080p anyway. Which is laughable because everyone was mad with Nvidia for the 3.5GB meme when the 970 was literally marketed as a 1080p card.