How does a missile's guidance system work?

How does a missile's guidance system work?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bZe5J8SVCYQ
youtube.com/watch?v=vIbZB6rNLZ4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They put a pigeon in the tip with some windows. Then it pecks in the direction of ships and causes the missile to move.

Depends on the type of the missle

youtube.com/watch?v=bZe5J8SVCYQ

What kind of missile?

heat seeking missile? laser guided? old-school katushya rockets being launched by insurgents using handheld launchers? ICBM? The poo being flung by a monkey?

>missile's guidance system work

They're actually hella complicated.

The missile knows where it is at all times. It knows this because it knows where it isn't. By subtracting where it is from where it isn't, or where it isn't from where it is (whichever is greater), it obtains a difference, or deviation. The guidance subsystem uses deviations to generate corrective commands to drive the missile from a position where it is to a position where it isn't, and arriving at a position where it wasn't, it now is. Consequently, the position where it is, is now the position that it wasn't, and it follows that the position that it was, is now the position that it isn't.

In the event that the position that it is in is not the position that it wasn't, the system has acquired a variation, the variation being the difference between where the missile is, and where it wasn't. If variation is considered to be a significant factor, it too may be corrected by the GEA. However, the missile must also know where it was.

The missile guidance computer scenario works as follows. Because a variation has modified some of the information the missile has obtained, it is not sure just where it is. However, it is sure where it isn't, within reason, and it knows where it was. It now subtracts where it should be from where it wasn't, or vice-versa, and by differentiating this from the algebraic sum of where it shouldn't be, and where it was, it is able to obtain the deviation and its variation, which is called error.

xD

Funny as it may be that was a real missle system that was being tested.

...he's not shitposting though, this was attempted in the past.

What happens if It is where it was?

It then rubs the lotion on its skin or else it take the blue pill again.

Why don't you ask the NSA representative monitoring this thread?

Thanks NSA-san. Please keep us safe from the terrible terrorists and CP scourge.

It either explodes, goes into a failsafe mode or decides that where it is isn't where it should be and corrects the trajectory accordingly.

...........is this for all guided missiles or just ICBMs and heat seekers?

Hey NSA! Greetings from Chile :^)

That's for Go-Onto-Target (GOT) guidance systems, that includes "Heat seekers".

ICBMs use Go-Onto-Location-in-Space or GOLIS guidance.

back in the day they were guided by.....
cables

This.

because it's based off of heat, you can shoot it with an IR heat laser and it goes off-course

missiles BTFO'd

A lot of current day projectiles are still wire guided.

It's really cheap

...Why do you want to know?

this.

pigeon missile
youtube.com/watch?v=vIbZB6rNLZ4

If you put a penguin woyld it be linux powered?

>you can shoot it with an IR heat laser and it goes off-course

Changing it's trajectory to trace you...

>missiles BTFO'd

I can't believe no one recognized this. /f/ represent nigga

oh right the wire guided I forgot about those for a sec though I did not mean these
Im meant the cable guided ones heh you know the ones which let you shot stuff that's at the same place than the end of the cable you burried underground..... yes that system actually existed though it oddly was never used in actual combat
why I wonder
honestly I can't even seem to find anything about it right now - it had a real fucked up name too that I can't seem to remember

Some are guided by wire (pic related). They kind of work like puppets.
Others are attracted by a laser dot, like cats.

/thread

Isis pls we know its you

Depends.
Cant really say, because there are thousands of different missiles, but usually military grade GPS and radar systems.

Opened this thread hoping for this response. So glad it's the first reply. Shows that Sup Forums is awake today.

Absolute based /f/

I used to bring my highschool English teacher to her knees with that flash

A red dot from a satellite

Go back to your farm ahmed

Triangulation

Only if it's fired from an open source.

/Thread.

Depends on the missile. Antiaircraft typically use Heat-seeking (Although modern ones don't look at the hottest object but instead look for IR and UV emissions that match jet exhaust) or by "painting" the target with radar, which bounces back and is picked up by the missile. Cruise Missiles can be guided via GPS, Inertial (Wherein you keep track of what direction and how far you've flown from your known launch point) or my personal favorite, used in the Tomahawk, TERCOM (Terrain Counter Matching) wherein the missile has a terrain map and finds the target by matching the terrain in front of it to the map. Ballistic Missiles like ICBMs typically use inertial guidance although Trident II has a nifty system uses star tracking for mid-course guidance adjustments . There's also wire guided that people have mentioned and laser guidance.

/thread

That sound pretty spooky, unless you're an IR missile decoy of course.

When I used to flash my English teacher, she got on her knees too.

A missile works by subtracting where it is from where it isn't. It also takes into account where it's target is in terms of GPS coordinates (X,Y,Z). It uses many complicated mathematical formulas to determine how to get to it's target in a very fast fashion.

By subtracting where it is from where it isn't, while taking into account how far it's target is from the missile, the missile can change it's location into the location of it's target, causing a direct, lethal impact. The missile uses complicated mathematical equations to make the remainder of where it is from where it isn't exactly equal to the GPS coordinates of it's target.

This ensures the missile flies directly into it's target inflicting the most amount of damage as possible.

thats basically how i fuk ur mom

This was actually researched until a guidance system was developed

/f/, what are you doing on Sup Forums?

>mfw I'm not even a /f/ag

Alien technology.

various input is processed by algorithms outputs various signals to various mechanical components

holy jesus this shit should be classified.

The missile has a GPS so they type in the location before launch and then it uses google maps to figure out where to go.

it operates in quaternion space, right?