I just spent the last 2 weeks installing Arch Linux. I'm not even fucking joking...

I just spent the last 2 weeks installing Arch Linux. I'm not even fucking joking. The install process is just the most convoluted and confusing fucking procedure ever. I followed the beginner's guide many times. It wouldn't be a problem if the fucking guide actually explained to me in plain English WHAT THE FUCK the commands even. Then maybe I wouldn't have made so many typos due to mindlessly copying commands straight from the page.
It wasn't even the typos that set me back the most, it was that it kept asking me fucking edit files. How the fuck am I supposed to edit files when I'm on a fucking command line? There is no Word or notepad ++ to open to edit the files.
It asked me to edit sources.list and after spending around a fucking hour trying to figure out how to even get to the file without a fucking mouse cursor and I couldn't figure out how to edit it. You can't do that shit from the command line.
I used the famed 'pacman' (who the fuck names a command after an ancient video game?) to install note pad ++ but all it gave me was errors.

Anyone who uses this awful command line bullshit is a fucking time wasting retard. Use a real OS for fuck's sake.

Other urls found in this thread:

iqtest.si/iq-test/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>How the fuck am I supposed to edit files when I'm on a fucking command line? There is no Word or notepad ++ to open to edit the files.
>You can't do that shit from the command line.
>I used the famed 'pacman' (who the fuck names a command after an ancient video game?) to install note pad ++ but all it gave me was errors.
>Anyone who uses this awful command line bullshit is a fucking time wasting retard. Use a real OS for fuck's sake.

M$oft shill confirmed

>what is cd /directory
>what is nano sources.list

is it?

At first I was about to agree with you, but then when I read why you hated it, your post started to make no fucking sense whatsoever.
I get it. You're a busy guy. Work, kids, fapping, etc. Why would you ever try an OS that was made for people that have too much free time when you clearly don't?
Or probably you're just retarded and DIDN'T READ THE MANUAL???
The manual IS in English, btw. It's just that you are not willing to read it because you're retarded. Don't come complaining to us because you didn't read the fucking manual first.

>$ nano sources.list
is all it takes to edit the file.
i had to install it twice because the first time i mistyped the hard drive labels..... but other than that on a 3.2ghz i7 laptop with 8gb ram from 2010, it took 14 minutes to install start to finish for my first time, and my experience with linux was ubuntu in 2007

Arch isn't the problem, (You) are, (You) fucking retarded little shit.
Get the fuck out.

>I just spent 2 weeks installing Arch
>"I was about to agree with you"

Wow.

hey guys, OP here
thanks for the (You)s :^)

Idiot

Why would anyone go through this?

Here's a guide for my windows rig:

plug in electricity
turn it on by pressing a button

>using the carrot nose with the smiley face

I don't believe you.
iqtest.si/iq-test/

Quality bait

>was merely pretending

too late, OP. everyone knows you're a real idiot now.

I'm astounded at the amount of people taking this thread seriously.
It's really fucking saddening. These kinds of threads are so commonplace here nowadays. That fact combined with all of the other countless awful threads created by shills and idiots from Sup Forums makes Sup Forums users more inclined to believe that these threads actually aren't bait.
Years ago this thread, bait or not, would have been ignored as bait.
What happened to Sup Forums?

WINBABIES BTFO

B T F O
T
F
O

Windows comes pre-installed you cuck, there are more steps than that.

>tfw you can install Arch when sleeping

>replied to the thread seriously
>everyone knows you're a real idiot now.

>I just spent the last 2 weeks installing Arch Linux.
You've both discredited yourself and foreshadowed your bias against Arch. Simultaneously.

If you had actually read the beginners install guide, you'd know both nano and vim are recommended in the second section. Maybe next time you simply do your part by reading more comprehensively.

This is what the average anti-arch fag actually is like

A week ago I installed Arch on my p4 computer and it only took me about 30 mins to install.

Who told you are ready for Arch, retard?

Takes me 15 minutes to install Arch Cinnamon

I too once spent 2 weeks installing arch with the blazing fast pace of 1 command per day.

>Winbabbies thinking these are too hard

>parted
>mount
>mkfs ; mkswap
>pacman -S base-devel
>genfstab -U /mnt > /mnt/etc/fstab
>arch-chroot /mnt /bin/bash
>locale.gen ; tzselect; hwclock
>pacman -S kde kde-applications-meta os-prober
>grub-install; grub-mkconfig
>reboot

Seriously why the fuck do they think they belong to a tech board if they don't even know simple bash commands? Why are they too retarded to just copy the commands from the wiki? Why do they think they are ready for Arch install in the first place.

I swear Sup Forums is full of Sup Forums kiddies these days

>Winbabbies thinking these are too hard

It's intimidating until you learn a bit about it.

I switched to Arch last month from Win7. Challenging and I fucked up a few times, but there are endless tutorials and explanations out there.

Best description of present Sup Forums there is.

sudo apt-download le fucking architect iso
dd if=/thefucking.iso of=/zipdrive
sudo reboot

>more steps
Like going to the store and buying any PC.

get fucked

I really really really like this thread.

I fucking hate Arch but that triggers me.
>can't edit files from the command line
You should be using Windows or OSX with the full version of Kaspersky.

It's ok to admit command line is ok, now.
You can finally run cross-platform bash on windows. No microshill points for you, Pajeet.

should have installed gentoo

That's not even descartes, that's voltaire.

Kek wtf

Use Architect or Arch anywhere. If you want a gui installer use Antergos or Manjaro.

>tfw Arch is my first linux
>tfw easy as shit and has been really simple to work with

>more steps
click next until you get to login screen

what language is that?

Why would you try and install Arch without even knowing a thing about Linux? Oh wait.

You really sound like a faggot my dude if you're not a programmer or someone who works and or knows computer stay away from Linux. Chances are(since you don't know how to get nano via CLI) you are the average pasty fat NEET. Know your place and use Windows 10

>setting your name and favorite color is installing windows
why are you here?

mods

Not much reason to use arch . but if you have trouble just use antergos or evolution installer etc.

Probably bait fake thread whatever.