/BST/ - Battlestations - tripfags allowed edition

People who have a knee-jerk hatred towards tripfags are assholes, so let's have a battlestation thread thread with less salt (and /bst/ in the title for easy searching).

Peace, love, and acceptance, man.

Other urls found in this thread:

cnet.com/products/dell-xps-17-l702x-17-3-core-i7-2630qm-windows-7-home-premium-64-bit-8-gb-ram-500-gb-hdd-plus-500-gb-hdd-series/specs/
mega.nz/#!m0BQGbBB!iZ_mVc0pTgf4C78kq82T-6bD1fdKrQP2H7smC84qxOg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

work on the wires. Looks cool other than that.

Early!

..ed$$$$$be..
.d$$$$$$$$$$$$$$c
.$$$$P""$$$""*$$$$c
z$$$*"$$$*$$$e
z$$$"$$$^$$$L
$$$F$$$'$$$
4$$$d$$$$.$$$F
4$$$.$$$$$$$e$$$F
$$$rd$$P$$$$$$$..$$$"
*$$$..$$$"$$$"$$$e$$$P
*$$$$$P"$$$^*$$$$$$
*$$$$c.$$$.z$$$$P
^*$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$P"
"*$$$$$$$$$*""
"""""
Peace And Love, Man

Cable management needs work. I love the snes and the Sega genesis and model 2 sega cd.

dammit.

I re-route stuff and add/remove stuff from my setup so often that working on the wires is hardly worth it. And this piano keyboard gets moved next to my desk when not in use, so that wire is necessarily in a state of flux.

(from last thread)
>Nice mousepad, full pic please!
Alright, here you go. It's stupidly hard finding decently priced 1/4" mousepad printers, especially ones that accept lossless images.

Chose an image with a mostly black background because I am well aware of how dirt accumulates and appears on a white mousepad. Also love this game (Final Fantasy III).

Thanks man!
Hey bud hows it going? Waiting on anything in the mail?
Laptop station? Are those beads comfy by the way? I always see taxi drivers using them
Dolla dolla holla holla?

Where did you get the Snake wall art?

Hey y'all

Yeah a laptop station. The beads are nice as well. Really felt the difference the moment I used it in the car.

I guess we're using this thread instead.

Just one question, why have both a rug and plastic mat?

What's the specs on your computer?

Hey. Keep thinking that painting is a mirror for some reason.

What's that Maudio XLR thing? I'm looking to hook up two studio monitors to my tower.

What are you specs?
I'm thinking of "upgrading" my laptop station to the Razer Blade Stealth + Razer Core when they drop in the UK, but 8GB of RAM is a killer

How's the leg room?

The rug is actually wood(OSB) that I painted with spraypaint and masking tape. The chair kept digging into the carpet.

The plastic mat helps preserve the spraypaint even though I used Mod Podge on it.

Oh, that makes sense, good job. Tricked me into thinking it's a rug.

Finally took a new picture. Excuse the cable management and 90% unused Ethernet hubs.

Hmm maybe some velcro to bundle it and make it easy to change around. But if you are changing shit often even that wont help.
Going pretty good have alot of splinters in my hands. I have a internal blutooth adapter, smart led bulb, and a sony as10 action cam.
Loving the cute plushies.
wall color is a little harsh.

I was gonna ask if you were studying CCNA, but then noticed that you have a bunch of 3com gear :^) Also props for the baofeng

Had it since 2012, don't have a speccy, hold on.

cnet.com/products/dell-xps-17-l702x-17-3-core-i7-2630qm-windows-7-home-premium-64-bit-8-gb-ram-500-gb-hdd-plus-500-gb-hdd-series/specs/

It's an M-Audio M-Track Interface that allows me to hook up a couple XLR mics and a couple monitors with TRS jacks :)
>sony as10 action cam
Sweet you going to use it for surfing?
>racistly assuming you surf

>that folding table that all the lot vendors have

Whoa, why so many hubs? Also if you worked on cable management it would be better.

For my enduro when I go riding. My dad might buy one again so was preemptively getting it for that. Might try to pick up some slicks for it so I can try out supermoto racing.

>but that 60's diner table metal edge bezel.

sup

Oh nice! Should be fun!
To what end, user?

Sorry, clover its working like shit.

>I was gonna ask if you were studying CCNA
Nope, still in highschool, looking to study Computer Science and Web Development. I know, kill me now for wanting to study Web Dev.
>inb4 underage
Nope, 18. I'm looking to move out soon.

It's the only table in my house that will fit everything i need, other than then kitchen table, but I'm not gonna use that.

>Whoa, why so many hubs?
Craigslist trade.
A PowerMac G3 Beige for the network hubs and the apple cinematic monitor (2nd monitor to the left).
>Also if you worked on cable management it would be better
I would love to have cable management, but my VGA and DVI cables are all different lengths, so I have no slack in the wire to tie them to anything.

comfy
clean
cozy
how do you like your sound system?
I like it
cool art man
looking good

Legs room is ok! But I have very poor cable management :( and I have all the connection almost In the floor.

yup I hope so too.
Thanks man one of the cleanest bsts as always.

>how do you like your sound system?
Despite what people say about M-Audio I very much enjoy it! Much better than the crappy Logitech/Philips PC speakers of yesteryear.
I am looking forward to getting them back on their stands though so they're more at ear level.
Bruh we just spoke about this haha

Cable management does not bother me since nothing is permanent, really, and especially with a low-power setup where air flow is not as vitally important (the max this configuration should ever use is around 150 watts - 69W CPU, 60W GPU, leaving around 20 watts for hard disks and fans and shit (probably more than they actually typically use).

I don't rice my desktop either. I use what works best for me. Ease of access is more important than looking pretty.

You're American, aren't you?
cable management is a meme anyway, don't sweat it.

Pictured: My cable management in my PC, typical of everything I cable anywhere.

My friend got for me from some local guy who paints video game characters. its even on a canvas.

Same here man. My set up usually consumes 30 watts. Doesnt mean im going to have shitty cable management though. But I am a very organized person even if im changing the set up frequently.

Nice monitors,

Nice wooden desk, definitely something you didn't throw together. You built it didn't you?

Nice Logitec MX mouse. I hesitated and got a gaming mouse. Shoulda took your route.

I am incredibly disorganized. But it doesn't bother me because I still know where everything is most of the time. It's not for everyone.

also feel free to r8, I don't mind too much and sometimes I get advice beyond 'cable management.'

Maybe you can throw me some advice on my issue.

I'm looking to do a similar set up with two studio monitors with XLR cables that connect via a USB Audio Interface to my PC tower, but I also want to be able to connect my turntable to my audiocard input via RCA cables. Do you know if it would be possible to thus use the monitors for the PC sound (e.g. digital files) and also my turntable when I want to just play records?

>You built it didn't you?
Thanks man, I am really proud of it.
>I hesitated and got a gaming mouse
I use it sometimes playing Fallout. It's not bad for some games, having two is great.

Yeah why wouldn't it? I used the RCA inputs on mine for my TV when my desk was on that side just had to hit the AUX switch on the amp.

Wait, the computer screens running off the laptop if so how do I accomplish that with my TV and laptop?

>cool art man

Thanks!

I guess the issue is that my turntable would be feeding directly into my audio card as input and the speakers would be used for both the PC and turntable, meaning that there is no switch but rather they both would run from the same USB Audio Interface through the PC tower.

Man, laptops are weird. My thinkpad and XPS are batshit backwards on doing this. I'll just say it is something you'll have to find out with your power settings.

YouTube it.

be harsh! putting up poster and replacing both monitors with a single

>i forgot the picture

Keep two monitors, it's very convenient.

Also, do you _actually like_ unity? that's a first.

copy n pasting my reply from other deadish thread:

invest in a new chair, literally anything with arm rests has got to be better than that.

Idk what exactly you use your mic for, but if it's just for voice chatting you could probably get away with having it on top of your tower, and free up some of the very limited space on that desk.

stick two nails in the wall to your left above your monitor as a headphone stand, that's some prime headphone stand real estate right there. If you bent them in an L shape and painted them black they'd probably even look okay.

Find some way to elevate your monitors, unless you are a midget, from what I can see in this picture your posture can't be good with that lower than eye level viewing angle.

the one on the left is a tv, which i will be moving just a wall to the left so i can see from my bed better. The monitor on the right may be my secondary, but its 1400 x 900 display doesnt cut it as a primary. And im on this OS because its free and my favorite flavor

all sounds good, i hate the chair it gives me back pain and the single monitor setup will soon free up much more space. Thanks for the input!

Some of us happen to feel that armrests get in the way. Not everyone sits like you. I hated the armrests on my old chair.

Shitty pic, sorry, but I did it holding my DSLR with an old 70s solid-metal lens out and pointing it towards me and with a very fast shutter speed.

>sitting crosslegged on a chair
Are you British?

I do this all the time comfy as fuck
USA! here

Would you guys prefer an ultrawide or two 27" 1440p displays? Already have one 1440p display.

>And im on this OS because its free and my favorite flavor
>free
yeah, I run debian because it's free.
>my favorite flavor
so you _actually like_ Unity? Again, that's a first.

From last thread, reposting the link in case anyone wants it. It's a theme I use on the MATE desktop that is really close to the Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Ambiance and Radiance themes (before Ubuntu turned to shit IMO).

mega.nz/#!m0BQGbBB!iZ_mVc0pTgf4C78kq82T-6bD1fdKrQP2H7smC84qxOg

>People who have a knee-jerk hatred towards tripfags are assholes, so let's have a battlestation thread thread with less salt (and /bst/ in the title for easy searching).
>Peace, love, and acceptance, man.
Get back to the ovens!

They enjoy the attention. They post on here because their presence annoys people.

I do wonder what site they all came from originally though...

It's better for your wrists if you have armrests that are level with your desk. But if you don't think you will develop wrist problems, you do you.

However I can see how cross legged desk chilling is enticing. I can never find a good "just relaxing" position when I'm watching a movie or playing a game with a controller.

ultrawide maybe:
If there is a way to "partition" sections of the screen to allow for fullscreening different windows on the same monitor.

Sort of like tricking the OS into thinking the single monitor is 2 or 3 monitors.

Imo, the versatility of two monitors is just overall better. One screen dies, you still have the other... and you could eventually get a third which is very nice as well.

Also shameless repost of my station.

Yeah, I'm USA, too.
I'm just watching a late 70s BBC blooper reel thingy (1978 Christmas tape: White Powder Christmas).

I sit in a lot of 'non-standard' positions, just feels comfy.

I'm sure they're all mexican rapists and you'd like to build a wall. I'm sure no one builds walls like you do.

>iCrap

Oh I get it, you want people to think you are cool like:
>pic related

>I am an american
>I need to post my battlestation several times per thread
>I am defending tripfags
>I am making trump jokes
>I need to stand up on other people's behalf
>I don't like people being mean on Sup Forums

>seiza
That isn't even comfortable when you're not on a chair

Can you get rid of the cheap print out memes?

How's that chair

>gamer chair

That's all you need to know.

Could still be comfy

They have been there for years.
They are not going away any time soon

Just buy something decent looking that's comfy, then.

I don't know how to assess chairs for comfyness, there aren't really any office stores around here where I could try them out.

Yikes. Outdated memes stuck with with some putty or tape? Truly the worst I've seen on /bst/

I wouldn't buy a chair at a retail store, desu. Check out some ergonomic chairs or go to a city that offers better options for you to test out.

You're gonna regret a gamer chair if you ever have a woman set foot in your place.

No, I actually just move around a lot while sitting.

And I've watched only two episodes of deathnote so no, definitely not that.

Only if you haven't done it enough.

It's like coffee - an acquired taste. I sat that way all the time in elementary school and just never stopped.

fuck that's uncomfortable.

>I'm not allowed to post pics to provide identity without tripfagging

I take it you aren't very flexible.

It's very comfy to me. It can be for you, too, but you'd need to work at it.

Armrests aren't for me.

>Being a tripfag but without the tripcode so you can defend tripfags without the 'well, you're a tripfag' argument being put against you.

You'll get bored of Sup Forums eventually.
They always do

I already have a gf, and the weaboo shit everywhere would do a better job of driving them off, I would think.

I dunno which station yours is but for her sake at least get a professional chair that is much more comfy and ergonomic than some ricer shit.

I come and go in cycles. Don't worry, I'll be here for a while longer before I leave for a month or two.

>Peace, love, and acceptance, man.
Why would you say that here.

I tried to make my battlestation look like that at one point but it never worked out... 10/10

Isn't it uncomfortable to be looking up when you're sitting at your desk?

Still absolutely love your keyboard, man!

comfy/10
Love the pink floyd flag!

Like the floyd poster!
I feel as if you are very uncomfortable while sitting down.

In love with the monitors!

Your sata cables reminded me that i just got three in the mail, and my mobo only supports 4... So not I have 3 sata cables I don't need.... Well, $1.57 down the drain.

N-Nice..?

I like the case!

Just noticed the memes. Get them framed, brother!

Back again, r8!

Alright, I guess something like would probably be better.

How wide is your desk?

What's the thing under the monitor with the blue glow in front of the mouse?

Blue? Concentrated meme.

I know it's some sort of audio hookup but what's the name/model?

I had frames for my rock posters about the house but they always ket knocked off of the walls and smash.

Lepy LP-2024. It matches up with my speakers pretty well and it has enough power without getting too loud. Bass and treble dials too. On top of that is a FiiO e10K