Why do Sup Forums hate gaming?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10306305
twitter.com/AnonBabble

culture clash

Careful. I got banned for this.

The mods are dumb cunts.

The Fox and the Games

Once you have a job that pays well enough to afford these high end components (And don't live with your parents) you no longer have the time to play games.

Should I ask Sup Forums why Sup Forums hates vidya?

>Off-topic
Fuck the mods! You hear me! Next time you ban me for some benign reason, I'm getting on a million proxies and spamming every bread with loli and gore.

it's time-consuming and counterproductive

of all the fun things you can do with your PC this is one of the least developing you as a person

We don't. There is Sup Forums for games.

>you no longer have the time to play games.
I have time, I just lost interest over time. Also, I don't have the feeling I can really relax when playing games, and after a day's work that's the only thing I want to do

Same situation. I bought an expensive rig. Turns out continuous >100Hz and milliseconds long loading times really ruin the fun.... I'm not being facetious. I miss the 20 minute wait times and the 15FPS.

strawpoll.me/10306305

Unless you're a modder or a writer, I agree. It's brain numbing entertainment in most games.

Unless something like Mass Effect, Stanley Parable or SoTL. Those games are works of art.

lol

I don't mind games. They're not the be-all and end-all for me, but I play them.

I don't like the attitude of self-described gamers on Sup Forums though.

>CAN'T RUN VIDYA ON LINUX ELELEL
>GIRLS CAN'T GAME, MUH SEKRET CLUB ELELEL
>SPECS? CAN'T PLAY GAMES ON THAT ELELEL
>FIVE YEAR OLD, NON-FPS GAME? TRASH ELELEL

Wassup? I was being serious.

This.

Because most gaymers don't know shit about technology, yet act like they do because they read a shitload of marketing misinformation while memorizing some technical terms and think that this is technical literacy as is.

As evidenced by gaymer GPU threads (any non Quadro/FirePro thread) where:
-A bunch of retarded idiots compare and masturbate over cards with nothing but framerate graphs (even though these graphs become obsolete as soon as a game is patched or drivers are updated).
>proving gaymers don't know shit about hardware-software interaction
- A bunch of retarded idiots think clock rates and memory are the defining factors of GPU performance
>proving gaymers don't know shit about various computing units that are specific to textures and shaders and other individual graphical calculations that vary from card to card and impact graphics in different areas variably
-A bunch of retarded idiots act as if any framerate difference between GPUs will ever impact their nonexistent gaymer skills, or that they will ever see a difference in details or framerate in most cases where they are too focused on the gameplay to notice the picture as a whole

Ban all gaymers from Sup Forums, and i guarantee an average IQ increase of around 50 points across the board.
Also, contain all smartphone discussion within ONE "Smartphone General", and ban any instances of smartphone threads beyond that one.

I think you mean >>>/reddit/

I haven't seen anyone with those autist memes here. And it's true. Girls gamers are rare. It stokes the fire when every company panders to the SJW, feminist crowd.

Most people aren't "REEEEEE! FAKE GAMER GIRL OUT!!". I feel happy when my gf shares my hobby.

it's because Sup Forums can't come up with an actual refutation to no games on linux so they just caps spam you with butthurt
like said

gaymers on Sup Forums are generally obnoxious r/pcmasterrace-tier faggots that won't shut the fuck up about their boring mid-range "rigs" and shitpost in response to anything that isn't about consumer CPUs and GPUs

>Being this cunty
Go join a subreddit hugbox, you fuck, if you wanna circlejetk with "muh high IQ".
I hate these meta "this board is shit because". If it's shit, get the fuck out or help make it less shit. You can start by stopping the whining.

Maybe you should help the 14 year old gaymers instead of being so cunty. That's what I do.

Because people with technologically advanced hobbies obviously get mad over a hobby for 12 year olds.

>i7-6700K
>GTX 980Ti
>16GB DDR4
>144Hz 1440p OLED

How well am I memeing, sir?

> Why do Sup Forums hate gaming?
> Why do Sup Forums hate fun?
I got you senpai

I'm sure Sup Forums, Sup Forums, Sup Forums and even /x/ are having fun right now (ARPGs). But not Sup Forums. Because the internet is a serious businessa and you aren't allowed to have fun as a human being desu.

Gaymans are tech illiterates that think they know technology.
They come over here with their ignorant opinions and make threads that dilute Sup Forums culture with normie shit.
Games are alright. Gamers need to fuck off to Sup Forums.

You fell for the 16GB meme, so pretty good.

the same exact memes as half of Sup Forums at this point, so okay I guess

>whines about someone being cunty
>tells them to find a hugbox
I can't tell if you are mentally retarded or trying to throw as many buzzwords before the other party does because you know they apply to yourself.

>durr criticism isn't allowed
>i'm butthurt about someone calling out the biggest problem with the gaymur community
>we are not the problem for being the biggest tech retards, the ones criticizing us are the problem
>hurr durr durr hurr
Obviously you hate it when someone criticizes your retarded collective, AND you want others to get the fuck out instead of taking responsibility for your own collective and correcting its tech illiterate retardation.
Sounds like perfect reddit tier mentality, for which you can take your own advice and get the fuck out.

I don't have to tell you to get the fuck out. I am content with calling you out as i see it, and suggesting how mods could regulate Sup Forums.
Whether the staff will listen or not, is up to them.
Grow up.

>all this projection
Most of the discussion in GPU threads revolves around leveraging objective information that you can get your hands on to help support whatever point you're trying to make, which is what makes those threads fun. They also are a bountiful source of memes. You sound like you'd be a know-it-all faggot IRL that would be a fucking chore to be around.

containment boards exists for a reason

>technologically advanced hobbies
>mindlessly consuming anime and other television/film content with an eye towards the quality of the picture rather than the quality of the show itself
>mindlessly consuming other people's content on the Internet
>ricing tiling window managers
>writing bloated hello world-tier software that nobody gives a fuck about
>fixing obscure edge case bugs in free software nobody gives a fuck about
>jerking off in an IRC room
>hoarding shitty ThinkPads for meme cred
I fucking hate gaymers as much as the next guy but watching fags spin this holier than thou garbage is just pathetic.

Sup Forums is still composed of manchildren, just a different stripe

This. I don't play video games but I don't necessarily hate gamers. I just hate all of the Sup Forums fags who have taken over Sup Forums.

I didn't say critisism isn't allowed. I'm saying your criticism is invalid and unwarranted, faggot.

It's like whining about gun rights being a discussion on /k/.

Nice strawman, you dumbfuck. Read You aren't as high and mighty as you think.

I don´t hate them but they are actually really useless.
Nevertheless i play sometimes fucking HearthStone 2-4 rounds.
In secret i wait till RPCS3 or Cemu can play games in min. 40 FPS.

In a nutshell playing sometimes games is ok but playing games 5h / day is retarded.

I despise 99% of all PC/Playsation and Xbox "gamers". Mainly those who don't know jack shit about technology or computers yet still act like they do. Fuck AAA games manufacturers and players alike.

>B-b-but muh 8 core Xbox is better than your hyperthreaded hex-core!

sometimes i do play tanks/dota/cs
but it is expected of me ,blyad

Cause they got t-bagged while playing halo 2.

are you dumb as fuck?

of course an 8 core is faster than a 6 core or 4 core

its literally twice the amount of cpus, fuck head

I once spammed g san daisuiki after mods deleted one of my Sup Forums related threads but left the daisuki thread up.

Optus mobile got banned for a couple of weeks :')

Fucking incompetent mods.

This game is so fucked up.

I literally had nightmares for 2 days straight.

The word you're looking for is does you illiterate shit.

What game?

>nightmares from FL
No.

>nightmares
>from hurr durr war is bad game

How's your first day on the internet?

>Sup Forums is one person

I don't know about the rest of Sup Forums, but I don't hate games, and even still play occasionally. What I hate is Sup Forums coming in here and shitting up the place with their faggot "gamer culture" and normie values (for example on Sup Forums and many other gamer forums pretty much nobody cares that W10 is basically spyware because "at least it runs Crysis :P"), also how they mostly only want to discuss things conducive to gaming, like GPU benchmarks and mechanical keyboards, which are a very narrow cross section of topics encompassing computing technology.

I don't hate gaming, I actually play a few games in my spare time. Don't really get why games get a bad rep around here, bu meh it's a technology board in the end, not Sup Forums.

Nope, he's right. Sup Forums is a board. A single board. Grammatically singular.

Because gaming is boring and a complete waste of time.

>What game?

Spec Ops: The Line

Maybe you knew about the game before. I was looking for a shooter and it was really cheap on Steam. I was not aware at all about the game.

That white phosphorus fucked with me pretty bad, especially the MW style top down superweapon. And the ending, Jesus. Makes you feel dirty.

kinda ironic hearing that form someone who posts on Sup Forums son.

Having dreams about killing civilians isn't nice at all

You're baiting right?

So a eight core ARM mobile processor or ARM CPU is faster than a hex core Xeon.

>What are transistors?

Throw yourself in the river, you gaymur cunt

>and a complete waste of time

So is 99% of entertainment. Don't tell me that you get any kind of benefit from watching game of thrones on netflix.

Don't play BlackOps3 then.

Or visit Sup Forums, or any other board on Sup Forums.

For that matter, you should just cancer your internet and go home and be a farmer. The world is too scary for you.

Nice off-topic post, you retard who needs special listening and attention training classes.
Re-read that post and realize the content has nothing to do with the reply you linked to,
and everything to do with the average low IQ of gaymers and their fucking up of this board due to their tech illiteracy because they think they know something they don't know shit about.

Way to miss the point that a fucking child without attention deficit disorder would get.

I can tell

Sup Forums doesn't hate gaming!
Sup Forums hates technology, though. They come here and shit up our board.
Sup Forums hates Sup Forums.

I feel sad for you with such little brain matter.

It's a commentary on modern shooters and it masquerades as such. That's why it's so impactful.

Or maybe you're a little hipster cunt who thinks "hurr durr muh shooters bad".

This is what an impressionable, jaded 14 year old looks like.

Because of gamers being able to replace a GPU qualifies as knowledge and building a PC as being genius.

Also that I have to explain often that im not into gaming just because I know a thing or two about computers.

>Most of the discussion in GPU threads revolves around leveraging objective information
Memory and clock rate does not make for objective GPU performance.
Framerates aren't objective as any software change can fuck them up.

You are the kind of retard who makes Sup Forums more cancerous than it should be.
A retard who talks about what's objective or not, yet doesn't what the fuck he's talking about, and doesn't care to actually go and learn the shit he is discussing.
That whole post listed the reasons the information you are talking about is not objective, yet you are here talking otherwise without making a single tangible point.
Your post is a brainless post, and that's the kind of post Sup Forums could do well without.

>Average low IQ of gamers
Yeah, no. That post was relevant, you high and mighty fuck. Maybe if you could read...

>omg some horribly rendered pixels straight out of a ps2 game representing people got burnt to a crisp imma have nightmares now waaaahhhh

It wasn't impactful, just forced as fuck.

What's your beef with those games then? Or you just have nothing productive to input?

>Be me
>Be 51
>OK let's give this gayman thing a go
>Download Witcher 3
>Wander around doing shit and solving shit
>Get to first end boss
>Can't beat the fucker after 30 minutes of trying
OK
>Goes back to watching animu waifu's

>Gaymur cunt at it's finest

Nice bait. Tripcode so I can hide you.

Your post is not relevant as my post has nothing to do with advanced hobbies and such shit.
You can be tech illiterate and still not be a cancer on Sup Forums.
This is achieved by not talking about shit you don't know anything about and literally shitposting misinformation and stupidity.
It is done by asking the questions, getting answers, and googling and wiki-ing GPU and hardware components to learn what's being discussed, before you post something fucking stupid in the respective thread, like 99% of gaymer GPU and gaymer tech threads are.
You illiterate fucking mongoloid.

>>Be me
>>Be 51

Try online multi-player shit.

Battlefield 4 is fun

Its reactionary to Sup Forums tards coming in here and shitting things up. Also the hate comes from the part of Sup Forums's heart that still has hope for some good discussion about technology beyond shilling for consumerism.

>OMG GAYEMS R ART CUZ ITS SO DEEP

Fuck off gaymer cunt.

>Be 51

hello future me.

What I'm saying, you dumbfuck, is that gamers who post here do that because they're interested in technology. Maybe tell anyone memeposting what you just wrote instead of dismissing a whole group of people who are interested in tech, same as you.

And nice ad-hominem. Maybe if your posts weren't 99% calling me some shit, I'd actually read them.

>he thinks he'll live til 51

What I love about dismissive fuckheads like you is that you're always proven wrong.

Also, you must be older than 18 to post here.

>51
>back to watching animu waifu's

Another Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Apprentice Sysadmin confirmed?

I don't hate the concept, I just hate what its become.

>finally play MGSV
>one of the best games I've played in a long time
>actually an open world in the sense there's at least 3 dozen ways to do every mission from the ballbustingly hard to total cheese
>case in point, like the first mission is to take out some officer
>you can either sneaky breeki into the base and slit his throat before sneaky breeki out
>or you can just snipe him from 400 meters away
>with a rocket launcher
>friend keeps warning me it was unfinished, think he just means the ending was rushed like everyone means when they say something like that
>it's literally not finished
>the story just stops halfway through
>mfw
>even this much nearly bankrupted Konami to the point they fired Kojima
>it'll never be finished, MGS is dead
>it soured them so badly they're apparently pulling out of video games all together

>What I'm saying, you dumbfuck, [...] And nice ad-hominem. [...]

You have no hope in life

>gets nightmares from kiddy shootan gaems

Fuck off kid.

>Be me
>Be 51
>OK let's give this gayman thing a go
>Download Witcher 3
>Wander around doing shit and solving shit
>Get to first end boss
>Can't beat the fucker after 30 minutes of trying
OK
>Goes back to watching animu waifu's
>51
>Witcher 3
>Animu waifus

please be fake

You managed to pick out only that much out of my post. You know what, I agree with you. Shitposters like you should be banned and confined to your basements with no internet connections. Suck on a live wire for good measure.

This. Why do some tech related threads get deleted but mods let shitty bait threads stay up?

That poster wasn't me, you fuck. I was the one who was b&.

>MGS is dead

Thank fucking god. That pile of shit Marvel x DC supaheros wit animal names OMG xD fanfic trash parading about being "the pinnacle of vidya" was downright fucking embarrassing.

Seriously though, are you really 51? Do you have wife and kids?

Yeah, I'm quite clearly someone else. Calm down, man.

It's not. I'm pretty much every worse case of degeneracy rolled into one. I live the neet lifestyle to the max.

And my point is that there is a big difference between non-gaymers being interested in tech and gaymers being interested in tech.

Non-gaymers will shut the fuck up when they don't know something, or when they logically assume they know too little to include themselves in a discussion, and won't shitpost. They will be more likely to research in detail and ask questions, rather than trying to inflate their "tech ego".

Gaymers are the opposite. The average gaymer will never shut the fuck up, will always think that what little they know is enough to take part in heated discussions when it isn't, and then they will fuck everything up with misinformation and stupidity while still not allowing themselves to admit that they don't know shit. Their competitive spirit will only increase the shitposting in threads and further ruin them, as will their "tech ego" that's far more inflated than any other collective on this planet.

You are fucking retards, and your shit always translates into other tech threads much like MLP infects everything.

So fuck off back to Sup Forums, and then see how Sup Forums's quality all of a sudden increases.
Unsurprisingly, Sup Forums is at its worst when Sup Forums is down.

I don't give a shit about the other games, I just want more Phantom Pain.

>he's going to stop loving his waifu when he reaches 51

Degenerate scum.

>Maybe you should help the 14 year old gaymers instead of being so cunty. That's what I do.
Because helping them will make them go away, right? OH WAIT

No. I can't stand women and I can't stand kids. I love loli's though.

I'm not the guy who posted the original bait. I just found it funny that you are to autistic to see through it.