/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that is required to make a fine watch.

Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/508-rmdY4jQ

Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

m.ebay.com/itm/SEIKO-MEN-AUTOMATIC-SEE-THROUGH-STEEL-WATCH-SNX115-SNX115K1-/301940539317?nav=SEARCH
amazon.com/Seiko-Stainless-Steel-Automatic-SNZF15/dp/B001ELSSOO/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1464210200&sr=8-5&keywords=seiko 5 blue dial
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st for Suwa Seikosha.

2nd for my rare Seiko 5

W-why was the other thread deleated?

it didn't have the subject

also my seiko5 is legit, you digishit

4th for sideways seiko

My upload speed fails me again

Who here owns a sarb? They were all the rage a while back

The crown is in the wrong place though
Is that even a 7s26?

I didn't fill out the subject line like an evolved homo-sapien and deleted it out of shame

What model is this?

>The crown is in the wrong place though
>Is that even a 7s26?
7s26b

How's that Pulsar lad?

There are models that have 3 o'clock crowns, and dials are the only unique bit about them as the dial feet are slightly different in comparison to a standard dial on a 4'oclock version.

Though a lot of the Seiko 5 sports line have 3o'clock crowns, so they really aren't rare/unique. Uncommon mostly.

Oh cock, you dun goofed.

You got the only variant of the 7S26 you shouldn't get.

why?

>The 7S26A was the original movement, introduced in 1996. It was revised with an Etachron regulator in 2006, becoming the 7S26B. Another revision, the 7S26C began appearing in 2011.

no idea i saved the pic from one of these threads

was going to ask the same question myself in a little while

The B variant has issues with the hairsprings getting stuck/fucked/misplaced.

It's not terminal, but it's a real pain to deal with since the new regulator means you'd need extra tooling instead of just a good pain of steady hands.

ok thanks.

it was 40€, if it breaks before 5 years I will probably try and get an estimate for repair, but if it's more than 20€ I will probably buy another.

Will likely need either a completely balance assemble or a donor movement, so more than 20euros.

You already said on earlier threads on how poor are you, but it still surprises me since a new Seiko 5 is just 70$~

I miss my SKX013

>You already said on earlier threads on how poor are you, but it still surprises me since a new Seiko 5 is just 70$~
not me?

I'm just stingy to be honest, but I don't remember writing here that I'm poor

Donnou.

But if you sting'ed out on buying a new Seiko 5 not much else but to deduct that you are rather poor.

>not much else but to deduct that you are rather poor.

I bought a 250k € house for my self 6 months ago.

stop implying shit.

this

seriously, watches less than $500 should really be banned from these threads

Kudos to you.

But i'm not trying to imply shit, you bought a decent non poo in the loo'd used Seiko 5 and that's pretty fine.

Though what i am saying is that a brand new Seiko 5 was aboot 10 euros more, not like what this retard is saying.

> €

out

>a brand new Seiko 5 was aboot 10 euros more
for 59/69$ on longisland I could get a pleb looking snk809, with minutes instead of hours, and matte bezel

or an orient, which to be honest people would mistake for chinky shit.

A legit looking seiko5, with a clean dial like mine is more in the 120s

>inb4 omg it's just 80 bucks are you poor

>bitching this much over $10

yep, you're poor.

There are metric shittons of various models for the Seiko 5 line, and at least a good 30 that look like yours.

Though yeah, the SNK809 is more or less the staple Seiko 5 model.

Just don't move it or expose it to any kind of shock and it should be fine
Serves you right for not doing any research though, this issue is well documented
Still torn on whether to order it or not.
I'll do it if I pull a C in orgo II. If not then I probably won't buy any watches for a while.

Looks like a boring, salaryman's watch.

>salaryman

stay neet
stay depressed

stay boring

SARB021 best SARB

>A legit looking seiko5, with a clean dial like mine is more in the 120s

Wew.
m.ebay.com/itm/SEIKO-MEN-AUTOMATIC-SEE-THROUGH-STEEL-WATCH-SNX115-SNX115K1-/301940539317?nav=SEARCH

I prefer this one

They had some interesting ones in the past

>orient, which to be honest people would mistake for chinky shit
not the Bambino senpai

>not the Bambino senpai

I'll give you that it looks okay (although again it's not 50 euro as user implied)
but people expecially normies are brand whores, and orient sounds like stinky chinky, plus nobody outside of watch forums has ever heard of it.

>Buying a watch and caring what normies would think about it
>Implying that said normies don't wear chinkshit

>I bought a 250k € house for my self 6 months ago.
Did you, though?

Yes I did, feels great

Pic related, Slavs had just finished assembling some furniture

Remake when?

>I bought a 250k € house for my self 6 months ago.

>Euros
>Having to use a collective currency because your country wasn't strong enough to keep it's own.

So which country are you from and how much is your interest rate on the bail out loan from Germany?

They need more domed acrylic.

>the dollar isn't owned by China

I hope mods ban you

They made a NVCH remake a small while back, same style of dial but slightly different hanging lugs.

Limited run of like 300 pieces though.

>Yes I did
Plonked down a quarter million euros in a big suitcase? Or the boring way, wrote a check?

>Or the boring way, wrote a check?
Or in the real world way of a mortgage that he'll be paying off for the foreseeable future.

I'm pretty sure it's illegal now to move more than 5000€ in cash in EU

Maybe it was too damn full if your digi-digi shit?
Go away faggot.

That wouldn't be buying, that would be getting financed for.

This I doubt.

t. yuropoor

Better picture, camera decided to focus properly.

Cheaper than paying for rent (at least here), and you're free to do as you see fit to the house.

Though for that price i'm curios if that's an apartment in the city or a house.

One of my many grails.

>it's illegal to have money
What kind of eurocuck super state do you live in?

>on Sup Forums
>doesn't like small embedded devices with a specfic purpose
How about you go and stay go

How about you suck my dick?

question, I got a budget of 750-1000 euros to spend on a new watch. Any recommended ones for that price category? Preferably automatic and I don't mind buying second hand.

How about a very nice condition Gruen Curvex

Used Grand Seiko or King Seiko.

It's a cute watch, I am just worried about build quality. Thanks.

>Gruen Curvex
Not my Type of watch I'm afraid.

I'm considering a Grand Seiko, but aren't these well priced over 1000, even for second hand?

vintage seamaster.

Why is it so god damn hard to find Ricoh parts? Pic related, not mine but very similar.

I'd bid on a poo2loo Indian disaster for a donor, but I'm afraid those curries actually put repainted "Ricoh" dials on Indian Citizen-clones.

Also the dial on mine is a bit fucked, the 9 on a shield is missing (kinda like Seiko's 5 logo), but at least it's still an original.

Are they the printers guys?

NOISE
O
I
S
E

Is it for sale in an auction or something?

Omega Speedmaster Reduced

Not really.

It's been posted on threads occasionally for bump.

Well it's got a steel case.
Module is eh, consider it an f91w with a timer. Definitely not as intuitive as a Casio module would be.
Rubber is standard Seiko fare, you'll have to boil it and then it'll be comfy. It's got standard lugs though.

How [DRESSY AS FUCK] is the second from the left?
Would it work with a suit? Not that I give a fuck, if I like a watch I'll wear it with whatever.

They sometimes show up on Ebay. There are a few around, since these were regularly given to communist diplomats visiting North Korea back in the Kim Il-sung times.

My front crystal cracked today. Is there a way to repair this or am I out of luck?

Crystals like that are impossible to repair or replace, just trow it the trash and buy a different watch.

>Not that I give a fuck, if I like a watch I'll wear it with whatever.

Get it.

I was considering that same exact watch for this summer.

>I was considering that same exact watch for this summer.
It's on my list for sure.
Just wondering how normies (like /wt/) would see it with a suit

>digital watch with a suit
It would be like wearing sneakers with a suit

How so?
Just because it displays time in a different way means it can't be worn like a traditional watch?
Business people were the first wearers of digital watches

Are there any watches more durable than a gshock?

G-shock in a bubble

Where can I buy Squale watches as a YuroPEON? Tried looking at their swiss site, but it doesn't even have the same watches that are on gnomonwatches.com.

Luminox watches

How deep should I make my spring bar holes? I can't really measure the depth.

Pic related. I finally started working on my lug adapter.

As deep and as thicc as possible
You're joking right?
They're pieces of shit in rugged applications. Love me some trituium though

Splendid taste!

Just how many banks did you have to rob to buy one?

Opinions on this watch?

amazon.com/Seiko-Stainless-Steel-Automatic-SNZF15/dp/B001ELSSOO/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1464210200&sr=8-5&keywords=seiko 5 blue dial

How is it? What have you heard about it?

Just make drilled lugs.

Much easier to change straps afterwards.

UK bookie here.
I can promise you it most certainly is not.

You know the drill.

Alcohol and watches. Go!

The beer in the picture is shit.

Gotta take a new picture with the 6206.

There we go.

Now i gotta think what kind of strap am i going to put on it.

>The beer in the picture is shit.
As somebody who detests the taste of beers all together, I can only agree with you. Hence why I prefer Gin, takes well to other flavours.

Does anyone know about a decent looking ABC watch that's square?

You need to take new pics Shlomo

What is that that you're drinking, out of curiosity. Just looks like pink lemonade. Which isn't a bad thing.

Also. Leather NATO maybe? I feel like a watch like that sort of has to have leather. But the crocodile isn't cutting it.

I have a tendency to get weird beers that are on sale, sometimes they are good, sometimes they are fermented Ganges water tier.

Or just get the regular dark Czech piss i used to drink almost daily while i was studying.

>I have a tendency to get weird beers that are on sale
Best way to do it really. Lord only knows that the big name beers are complete piss water. God help the poor souls who think Budweiser tastes "good", or is a good beer.

I'm 3D printing it.