What does Sup Forums think of straight talk from Walmart...

What does Sup Forums think of straight talk from Walmart? I have boost mobile right now and my mom and I were thinking of switching to straighttalk today but dont know much about it. Our phones right now really suck, hers never rings and mine bugs out all the time (zte warp sync(

Thoughts?

i think you have to be 18 to post here kiddo

I'm 22 kiddo

I use it, I enjoy it. No contracts, flat fee. It just werks.

>not having the zte warp elite
It's your fault for not getting a good phone the first time. Also straight talk is a piece of shit. None of their plans include mobile hotspot and they only give you 10GB of data for $55 (boost mobile gives you unlimited high speed data for the same price).

I used to use straight talk, it's good. Switched to Google fi though.

What phone do you recomend from them?

I use like 1-3g a month max

Just get a warp elite man, straight talk is a rip off. It's like $100 on amazon. I have one and have had 0 software or hardware problems, battery lasts me 2-3 days depending on how much I use the phone.

That's all about person preference. It just needs to be unlocked in some cases. I have a iPhone 6 but you can use Android or just about any recent smartphone.

Straight talk is more of a rip off then boost?

Then why would you consider straight talk at all? For $30 they give you 100MB of data whereas boost gives you 2GB which will grow to 5GB over time for literally the same price.

How the fuck is straight talk a ripoff?

Look at their plans, they're shit.

OnePlus One user here and I'm on straight talk.

I've never had any problems with signal.

>1,500 minutes + 100MB of data for $30/month
>not a rip off
lolwut

That's why you pay $45 and get unlimited.

It's not unlimited, it's 5GB of high speed data then 2G dial up speeds that take hours to load a 5 minute YouTube clip.

For that same price boost gives you 5GB of high speed data that grows to 8GB over time.

Its the same price rofl

Like I said I have the zte warp elite OP so ask me anything you want to know about it. The zte warp sync was probably an early shitty attempt of zte to get into the budget phone market, they've improved since then.

I do want the phone but I need a carrier that accepts it and my mother wants to go to the walmart one

>I do want the phone but I need a carrier that accepts it and my mother wants to go to the walmart one
Then explain why the plans are shit to her. She may be old and not in touch with tech but even old people don't like getting jewed to death.

She hates boost mobile because it is run by muslims and she hates muslims. she went to walmart because she wants a new phone and she said, "the plan is the same price so fuck boost mobile"
She doesnt get much service with boost and neither do I usually and im in tennessee

No contracts, does the job, cheap.
Don't really need anything else.

Go to school now son, adults are talking.

>She hates boost mobile because it is run by muslims and she hates muslims. she went to walmart because she wants a new phone and she said, "the plan is the same price so fuck boost mobile"
She's that old huh?

>She doesnt get much service with boost and neither do I usually and im in tennessee
Oh then you should have said so in the first place. Do a PRL update on the phone to check if new towers have been added. If service is still bad then yeah look for another carrier. Ideally not straight talk, their plans are a joke. Maybe look into metropcs, plans are not as shit.

Are you a verizon shill? I just proved that straight talk plans are shit with facts.

62 lol

>facts
you said what you thought was true. They are actually the same price

>you said what you thought was true. They are actually the same price
No shit. The reason the plans are shit is because you're getting less for the same price. 100MB of data and only 1,500 minutes of talk for $30 a month? lmao

Thats why you get unlimited

Which straight talk literally does not offer. Their best plan is $55 and only includes 10GB of data. Whereas for the same price boost mobile will give you legitimate unlimited high speed data, you can use 20,40,100,300GB and more of data with that plan, boost mobile doesn't give a fuck.

I use Straight Talk's AT&T serivce. 4G in my town, 4G LTE in the city. Fuck Verizon.

Just for anyone wondering, this is how straight talk's "unlimited data" works.

1] You get access to high speed data (~4-8Mbps) for 100MB, 5GB, or 10GB.
2]Once high speed data is used up you get access to data at "2G" speeds which is actually slower than dial-up (~48-64kbps).

At those "2G" speeds it would tale about 3 hours to load a 720p youtube clip IF the data speed remained at 64kbps (it won't).

>implying 22 is an adult in this garbage culture

>straight talk is a ripoff
Okay kid.

>$45

The same plan is $30 with T-Mobile

Proof? I'll wait.

For $5 less you get 5GB of high speed data with boost mobile which will grow to 8GB over time. In addition you can use your high speed data as a mobile hotspot.

I have StraightTalk I brought my own phone and ended up getting 1 year service of unlimited calling,texting and data for just $45 I guess next year i'll be paying $45 a month after that but pretty cool I tether my phone so..

Please stop saying unlimited data, you're not getting unlimited data. Data at slower than dial up speeds isn't usable at all.

It's literally on their website, their """"unlimited""" plan is shit. It's only worth going for ST if you absolutely need to be on ATT's network. Other MVNOs are cheaper on TMo or Sprint.

And you have proof of this? I didnt think so.

I got my little brother the Wal-Mart Family plan. They use T-Mobile's towers and you get unlimited calls, text and 5GB of data for $40 a month.

Its pretty good

I think it's problematic and offensive to HBTQ community.

I have to use straight talk's plan with Verizon towers because I live in the mountains and only Verizon reaches here. I wish I could get boost.

Overall, the word I would describe straight talk with is meh. The customer service is horrendous.

Is it worse than working with the muslims?

They really don't know what they're doing unless it's simple. They hardly know their own plans. It's okay if you don't need help though.

My mother called for info about their international plan and what it covers, they signed her up for it, then she found out that it only covers mexico. They told her then she needed the global plan and proceeded to charge her card $10 five times for it.

Fuck i wish i could talk my mom out of it but I have no real evidence to go on you know?

t-mobile
>5 GB 4g, then unlimited after that
>100 minutes (I just use skype on my phone anyways)
>$30

does it have SIM cards for GSM network?

what the fuck are those coins? Ive been seeing them at work recently and all over the internet its creeping me out

If you live in an area with spotty T-Mobile coverage, Straight Talk is good if you don't use over 5G but close to it. If you use more than that somehow, next best would be the unlimited from Metro or something. If you use hardly any data, Project Fi seems decent

Why not this

or this

>$50 for 5GB
kek

or even this

What do people use so much mobile data for?

>$60 for 3GB
kek

Stuff, even if I normally don't use all my data it's nice to be able to if the need would present itself.

I'm paying $5 for 6GB LTE and after that it's throttled a bit.

T-mobile is really bad in the Pittsburgh area. Verizon here is the best and at&t is a close second.
I had the $30 T-mobile plan and now I have at&t. No comparison. Though I do pay triple the price with an iPhone 6s plus.

They look like "pure" silver silver bullion

>silver is at $16 an ounce

holy fuck, i thought when i sold all my bars at $20 i was being dumb

i feel sorry for anyone whos invested in silver

>shilling tmobile
grow up

ITT: I'm reminded why I just stick with Virgin Mobile.

why?

tmobile has a contract you cuck

But it isnt slow at all.

It also has pay as you go.

But its a contract, dweeb. Why would anyone recomend one of the contract cucks to anyone on Sup Forums. You want us to get fucked shill?

i use to use straight talk on a galaxy core prime, its good if you dont use much data. I used pdanet with it to play a few games on steam and noticed that they're ping spikes every 2 seconds that will make you cry

now im on metropcs using pdanet getting a constant 80ish ping and a 70mb download speed. only 15$ more a month and i burn atleast 100gbs a month.

They have prepaid plans too, like the $30 5GB plan.

stop buying cheap shit phones
my 2013 moto g on boost still works just fine