His main machine is a laptop

>His main machine is a laptop

Other urls found in this thread:

rbt.asia/boards/g/img/0546/61/1463923856283.png
twitter.com/AnonBabble

mine would be if i could afford it

Fuck that noise. My mempad was £73. If you can't afford that, how the fuck are you even here?

It's not technically my main machine, but it is more powerful than my desktop from 2009. Because I'm too poor to upgrade that.

>Not using an external monitor and a mechanical keyboard with 13' laptop

>His main machine is not a laptop

I use a GNULibreboot Thinkpad X200 running GNU/Linux Trisquel.

oh, i have a laptop, but if i was to main a laptop, it would need:
- more than 1G ram
- an external gpu enclosure so i can run solidworks
- a quad core would be nice (current laptop has a core2duo)
- a small/portable NAS
none of these i can afford right now, perhaps in the near future

Well done, you may now tenderly fuck rms in the mouth.

I'm poor. Laptop + desktop = too much money .

I need the laptop for school anyway.

desktop would be a pain to pack when you study overseas.

>His main machine is workstation-tier desktop PC
>He fully utilizes twelve i7 cores for a minute to run couple benchmarks and check if he's still certified le epic meme pc master race member, then CPU usage falls down to one percent in typical music/browser scenario
>Alternatively, he encodes video to twelve different formats in order to feel less stupid

Bought a labtop and sold my destap last month
- I have no need for a gaymen gpu
- no need for 84 W TDP cpu
- SSD is 512 GB which is more than enough for anything but videos really, my HDD is connected through samba
- there's 3 external monitors on dock

For 3 years my main machine was a netbook. I had a desktop but wasn't much more powerful and the netbook had more mobility.

>his main machine is an X220/X230/T420
everytime I see someone on campus with that they're either lanky with greasy hair, or fat with a neckbeard
not even memeing
and for some reason I never see them in the summer

>he uses anime reactions
>he secretly wants to dress up in girl clothes and suck cocks

Who doesn't?

I'm moving to the other side of the planet, so I'll probably end up using my surface as my main machine for a while until I rebuild.

The cover keyboard is GOAT when it's hot and you don't want your computer's heat transferring to your hands, though.

only you do, now get to it you cock hungry faggot

Sweet all you need now is a decent monitor, but that depends on your lifestyle I suppose.

I mean with the advantages we had in computers. Soon you'll signficant power on the go without needing a desktop in most cases

Get to what user?

succ

One monitor is enough for me. If I have two I may as well build a PC. But for now I am very comfortable with my laptop. It can run games pretty well and it has the ability to swap graphics cards. I just personally don't want to fix something that isn't broken.

I wanna jizz on that model m

I have a desktop at home and a T420 that I carry around for mobile shitposting.
I have a dock for the T420 so I can hook it up to my dual 2560x1440p monitors and mechanical keyboard, but I rarely have reason to with my desktop.

Very nice to have as a backup machine though in case something were to happen to the desktop.

posting my main machine

desktopfags getting mad up in here

went towerless back in 2014, no regrets here.

just get a mechanical keyboard and its all gravy senpai

rbt.asia/boards/g/img/0546/61/1463923856283.png

>not having a desktop at home for browsing and vidya and a laptop for browsing and work

I have a workstation class laptop, thinkpad w520. Performance wise I dont need more than this and im sure you dont either if we dont count manchildren games. The only thing that occasionally really bothers me is the keyboard ergonomics.

Get with the times grandpa, if all you care about is shitposting and programming, a laptop works fine.

Lewd

he means to close your laptop and put the monitor on top of it you mongoloid

She's a real diamond in the rough. I picked up at a book off store in japan for 108 yen. Cleaned and fixed her up and she's now settling in very nicely.

You still want it tho dirty slut

Why would anyone not take the screen off an old laptop and use it like a Commodore 64? Apple have shown us how useful a trackpad is on a desktop PC, so unless you browse Sup Forums this is clearly the best solution.

Pls no bully

I don't play vidya, so I have no need for a desktop.

No I am fine with my laptop monitor anyways. It is 17 inches which is fine for me. I move around a lot with my laptop so I don't keep it on my desk all the time.

total pleb, guess you need someway to justify your $2500 facebook machine

Because i can code while on bed.

I'm going to bully you with my boner

That's gay

True, your penis is too masculine anyways, maybe we should just break-up

Fucking fags

For your information it costed $1k and how much it costs is not relevant. I could buy a PC and be 'masterrace' but in my current circumstances a laptop is better for me.

>tl;dr: stay mad poorfag

S-Stop trying to ERP with people

how do you feel that you literally could of spent $250 and do exactly the same sort of shit? you wasted money pal

Sell your computer and buy a chinkphone. Sell your car and buy a bike. They do the same sort of shit, but if you can afford to do the shit comfortably, why not?

And your point is? Sure regular laptops can be that price but I wanted something that could run games and not be some overbloated ayylmaoware laptop. Either way I don't see why you care. And as stated, everyones financial and personal circumstances are different. saving $750 to you may seem like a lot but to others it isn't.

I smell jealousy ;p

>Dubstep Radio
>Windows
>Sup Forums

you're the worst

>not removing the stickers
pussy

Your mum is the worst m8

No wait

She loves the worst

Get it? Wurst. Hahahaha!!!1!!

It's pandora retard, I could name lolichildren love big man cocks and it could play only Italian opera for all you know.

That pic was taken the day I got it, it's running Mint XFCE and the stickers have been removed.

If you remove the stickers you might as well draw a dick on the screen in permanent marker. Completely destroys the laptop.

>he streams his music

kek

it's obviously not normal pandora considering i'm running it through console.

There are no ads and unlimited skips, it exposes me to music I wouldn't hear otherwise.

nice manchild machine

kek

>he doesn't have a desktop and a laptop

>he does not need to use a PC outside
That's cause the last time you left the house was in 1998, isn't it? You fat mongoloid NEET

I do

Nice projection user.

We both know that everyone finds you creepy when you take your x61 to the park.

>imblying
I own a normal laptop for normal people, because that's what normal people do. But I couldn't expect you to know what normal people do, now could I?

keep Sup Forums reaction faces in Sup Forums

>Posting on Sup Forums
>Normal

wew

>he takes pride in acting like a retard
>he can't hide his autism
I just said I behave like normal people, you sociopath

>Jumping to conclusions
>Projecting again

You can try to act as normal as you want in real life user, owning a "normal" laptop doesn't make you normal. Nor does thinking you're normal.

Just because you might have a girlfriend and a laptop your 15 friends on Facebook use, doesn't make you normal.

I used to use a laptop as my main machine, but now that I don't use my computer at work anymore, I bought an iMac.

Holy shit, I new a kid in college who would set up this shit in the "quiet work room"

>mac
>pedophile
why can't mac users just be normal for once

Don't call me a pedophile, that's lewd.

it's not lewd, it's revolting
i guess i can kinda understand anime appeal, but your wallpaper is just bunch of completely undeveloped children. you're not this generic Sup Forums kind of "pedophile" who faps to flat but somehow developed animu girls, you're the real deal

I use a Macbook as my main PC and it works fine
~Benjamin Johnson

Miles, you're literally a pedo. And this is coming.

Okay. That doesn't change much though. rMBPs are nice and all, but there's no reason to use a laptop if I have a bigger screen.
I can get people who use their computers outside of the house I guess.

What is coming?

You mean he brought the water cooler?

>What is coming?
besides me? :^)

>He uses a huge fucking loud box, wires everywhere and a gargantuan screen setup that takes away 1/4th of his room just to browse Sup Forums and watch anime

Desktops are deprecated and obsolete

*from a lolicon

How did I fuck up so bad?

You'd be surprised at how many lolicons like being called a pedo. But that's off topic. Do you have a laptop user?

Been using laptops since 2003. Only made the switch just last year.

Laptops are comfy. Get one wit the right specs and a good build quality and that shit will last.

Those Asus ROG laptops (at least the G73 and G74 models) still run just like they did out of the box and still can maintain 1080p60 is a lot of newer games.

I do, a toshiba satellite 745
literally a potato but I'm poor so

Stop being a NEET. Even a low skill job is a job. You'll feel much better if you have your own money and responsibilities.

I want a job...but it's hard to find one

Gnome by default has shit font rendering. Did you do any tweaking?

Is that a clevo?

>more than 1 gb of ram
what laptop has less than 4 gb made within the last 4-5 years? what laptop has less than 1 gb made within the last decade?

le job tree man

But how can you live on your own with a shit job

Proud of it too.

with a dock, my T410 was a great desktop alternative.

but started playing games again, so i keep my desktop around.

dream of a time where all my computing will be done on the X200 i have, it's so small and comfy

Because I used to make desktops work ten years ago, and laptops now are exponentially better than desktops then. Why would you ever need a desktop? Laptops are more convenient anyway.

Back when laptops were no good, this thread would have been almost relevant, but now, laptops/assorted other little mobile devices are taking over the computing world and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

You can't. Having a shit job gives you references, experience, and sometimes skills. You work your way up to a less shitty job. Sure you probably won't be nabbing a $100k job this way, but at least you won't feel like a failure.

What?

Ubuntu has its own font rendering. Also high PPI.

Do you mean you want to find a job that isn't shit, or you can't find even shitty McJobs?
Once you get your foot into the door, even with a McDonalds job, you will have a much easier time finding new jobs.

Finding a good job around here is harder than my dick when I browse exhentai

Nah, you're just not trying hard enough, it's your fault, all you. Just pull those bootstraps harder user, if you still can't make it then it's all your fault.

nah its a lenovo. I dont think they sell any of the y50-70 models anymore. The newer y700 models look like shite though

If you want to be pushed around by a big company and be a wage slave, making $12 an hour while busting your ass, by all means go ahead.

It's not rewarding in the least. Shitty jobs exist for a reason, for suckers who think it'll get better.

>everything that is a problem is my fault

Wow user thanks. As if I wasn't depressed before I read this

What else are you going to do? Shrivel up and die? Even working a McJob is cozier than your ancestors even 100 years ago had to deal with. Never in human history have people been able to be lazy and carefree. They were always working either because they were literal wage slaves (like during the industrial revolution, especially coal miners) or because they needed to farm/hunt to sustain themselves.

You probably aren't looking at things like call center jobs or Walmart. Yes they're shitty but they're still jobs. People who have jobs are better off for finding a new job than people who don't.