12-core 2.7 GHz Intel Xeon E5 processor

>12-core 2.7 GHz Intel Xeon E5 processor
>64GB (Maximum of 128 GB) of 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC RAM
>1TB of PCIe-based flash storage
>Dual AMD Fire-Pro D700 graphics cards with 6GB of GDDR5 discrete VRAM each
>Change the OS so you're not using OScuX

Be honest Sup Forums, would you buy this cylinder computer if you had the money?

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.co.uk/gadgets/2016/05/mac-pro-pc-case-cryorig-ola-taku/
pcpartpicker.com/p/t6t7Yr
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nice tissue bin

Don't they overheat as fuck despite having an "ingenious" airflow design?

Maybe but the design is fucking dumb so I'd probably get another tower or something.

You c the tower issu designed to fit fat americun cock into round whole for maxeemum pleshur, not compuuuting

Why would I pay that much for a trash can?

>ingenious
that's a funny way to say "didn't learn from their mistake"

pic related: apple tissue bin beta: the G4 cube

>would you buy this cylinder computer if you had the money?
Only if i wanted to watch it overheat all the time

It's retarded. If I had use for that and I had the money, I wouldn't be buying a prebuilt anyway.
If I had to buy a dozen of these, I still wouldn't buy them for their performance as I would rather get a deal with Dell or something for a better product.

But, if Apple offered a bulk discount and I had a few useless secretaries that needed a computer, then sure.
Because that's where you usually see these shits.

This one looked like a workhorse with some sense to it.
The one in the OP looks like something the fanboys stuff in their asses

>outdated Xeon
>ECC RAM that i don't need which slows down the shit i actually do need RAM for
>PCIe flash storage which other hand-built computers can also implement
>AMD graphical chipset that was broken in thousands of units between Jan/Feb last year and a few months after on the production line, and you had to wait a YEAR for Apple to initiate a repair program
>AMD hardware unironically in a compact enclosure
>compact heated piece of shit enclosure that makes doing serious work for longer time periods unbearable (which i tested at a friend's place who has since then sold the trashcan and finally gone hand-build)

No.
Just fucking no.

arstechnica.co.uk/gadgets/2016/05/mac-pro-pc-case-cryorig-ola-taku/

You can now build your own trash can PC.

It's funny how they thought they could "invent" some GROUNDBREAKING new desktop design but then only a handful jumped on the bandwagon and desktops are still usually towers and most people who are not applefags laugh about that trashcan.

Want to know what this trash can really needs?

Pores. It ain't a real trash can with out them.

CPU and GPU are both garbage for home usage and can't even work simultaneously without overheating.

I'd triboot the fuck out of one of those.

>Mini Itx
XD

I want one for the fact that I can toss it in my sackpack
I wouldn't buy one unless I had a lot of money and ran out of ideas for other stuff to buy first though

>temps go above 90C under load
>implying I can't afford it

I wouldn't want to worry about my computer melting down while doing intensive tasks.

This sounds about right. I used one for the past six months for a Digital Video class at my college, my Windows desktop blows the shit out of it performance-wise. When the thing chokes carrying out the tasks it's designed for, it's clearly trash.

Also, I have a friend who worked at Flextronics where they assembled and tested these pieces of shit. 85% failure rate. Apple execs. apparently got some fancy red colored ones, my friend tested Tim Cook's. He regrets not just spitting on it before they fired him and his brother for bullshit reasons.

Nope. If you need a workstation you can build one or buy a Dell or Lenovo prebuilt for much less.

Anyone who actually needs this kind of hardware isn't going to pay a premium for its quirky design.

It's incredibly outdated. The D700s are GPUs from 3 generations ago. If Apple doesn't announce a refresh at WWDC they've given up on the Pro line I'm sure of it.

it's almost 3 years year old with no sign of an update coming.

It only throttles if you run Furmark and Prime95 at the same time. It does not throttle under normal loads.

It's literally a 400W+ workstation the size of a shoe and Sup Forums still complains. It's like Sup Forums hates technology

>It's like Sup Forums hates technology
Welcome!

>apple
gross only retarded faggots use that

epik

My pc dont throttle with iGpu on furmark and prime at same time so why swap?

Why? Even if you're a Macfag, with that budget you could build a hackintosh with double or triple the functionality.

Even my laptop doesn't throttle from that and they are fucking notorious at doing that. Gtx860m and a haslel i5.

That begs the question. Who needs a workstation that small? There's a market for small silent PCs, but workstations?

>let the Mac Pro languish for years on Nehalem/Westmere
>turn it into a trash can
>let it languish for years on Ivy Bridge-E

>computer

You misspelled furnace.

this shit is outdated as fuck now, but it was legit when it came

I'd fucking boot it off my roof.

>$9000 for outdated specs

No

>DDR3
>Housfire
>Outdated xeon
>for 12$k
No.

If i had the money it'd be a pretty nice music workstation, desu it's about the same (music production performance) as my i4770k desktop (due to OSX probably more efficient and better USB support) and Coreaudio probs work better than Asio.. but I'd rather deal with the miniscule problems I had with my current desktop which can definitely do more than this LITERAL Garbage can.

But for real, a mac computer as a dedicated music workstation would be a really nice luxury but not necessary for me at this time and definitely not worth the extra effort.

I don't know why Apple even bothered spending the R&D money to re-design the Mac Pro only to not even bother refreshing the CPU or GPU after 1 release cycle.

It seems like Apple has completely shit the bed with its desktop line. The Mac-mini is no longer upgradeable and the entry level imac comes with a 5200 rpm hard disk.

from actual-use industry reports, the cylindrical design is a substantial problem because the heat does not exhaust effectively, causing frequent throttling of CPU activity --- which defeats the purpose of a high end CPU

there are other problems also, but that was the most frequently mentioned drawback, or, perhaps, failure

too much and unacceptable damage control for a so-called "professional" tier machine

why is the mac mini no longer upgradeable -- just wondering

I think they have, firstly it must have sold like shit anyway. Their """Pro""" apps have been left to rot and most tellingly this new mac pro wasnt pictures on a slide of apple showcasing all their computer products during one of their keynotes,

its a black sheep and seems really dumb, if you had a venn diagram... the amount of people who need that hardware and who need it that small must be very small

why doesnt apple just outsource their airflow problem to dyson or some shit and get them up in that bitch with some of their germ spraying technology?

Your friend is full of shit. The first hint is that he got fired for "bullshit reasons." That's code for "I'm a shitty employee and have deep personality flaws that include being a fucking liar."

and he goes completely off topic to digress from the overheating problem

>it only throttles when the CPU and GPU are used under demanding circumstances
I thought this was a Mac Pro. It is supposed to be used under demanding circumstances, why else would you get one?

Once AMD gets their CUDA layer working (which they're doing iirc), fuck yeah

>Buy prebuilt computer at a higher cost than buying the parts
>Don't use the OS it was designed to be used for
>Pros: a cool recycling bin form factor tbqh
>Cons: Cost, maintenance, compatibility, pretty much everything

What kind of stupid question is this?

kek

So what is swappable on these machines? If I can change the CPU and GPU, I'd be interested.

No

Not while this exists at about 1/2 the price for the same specs

If i won the lottery, yes. If i had that budget, no.

I would go with this monstrosity
i would need to find a 4kw PSU
also there are 32gb firepro w9100's now

pcpartpicker.com/p/t6t7Yr

>2016
>not having 16 monitors
>not drawing enough power to supply a small town for a week
>(if in the case of 32gb 9100's) not having 128gb of vram