Where do we stop with Internet speeds, when is it too much?

Where do we stop with Internet speeds, when is it too much?

Also post yours.

I'm just interested to see what ISP's people are using.

Seeing how media is constantly increasing in size it makes sense for internet speeds to increase in speed.

> Germany

>Romania

I'd much rather choose Germany's speed then live in your shithole

I thought Germany would have one of the best speeds in Europe...

>Maryland
>verizon

>when is it too much
When can I download 8k or 16k video?

I want full fidelity 4k+ VR capable internet, which would be at least 1gbps.

czechmate

Damn, it's pretty rare to see an upload that is far higher than the download.

Shit upload.

Would you trade half your download for 4 or 5x your upload?

Honestly, probably not. I don't really upload. Downloading shit is too nice.

>300/300
I don't need more, I rather get more storage for non retarded pice

17Mb upload isn't terrible either...

Just curious, I have 150/150 () and upload a LOT (3-4TB per month) so I personally really like having that upload speed.

Are you guys old enough to have experienced dial up? And wished for something like T1? Where a nude picture took 3 minutes to load and would always freeze at the nipple.

I should have 300/300 by now but my ISP keeps delaying it

yep, it's 5ghz airmax wifi with lot of interference and trees in path

When I first started using PCs I had dial up where if my parents wanted to use the phone I had to get off. It wasn't too long until we had broadband in our area but it was terribly slow ~300Kbps.

>Texas
>Verizon... now Frontier

Shit forgot pic

upgrade to 150/150 it's like $10 more. I had 75/75 until I realized it was literally $10 more for double that.

I used to fuck with my older brother when he was online but picking up the phone and hanging up multiple times to kick him off

>You have fiber directly in you fuckin house and all u get is 40 Mb/s

Damn, I remember having a modem, data caps, 30kbps download, no torrents, and now it's easy like this. It will be 1GB by 2020 I think.

What? I'm getting around ~80Mb. I have Fibre to the Cabinet which then goes through a coper cable in to the home so the copper is the bottleneck.

lucky you I used to have 33.6 kbps dial-up and later 56kbps for a long time.

then finally convinced my parents to buy internet over wifi it was fucking 16/8 kbps during day and 32/32kbps during night but unlimited and that was insanely awesome feeling for young me to be connect 24/7

Works fine, for now at least. Cablevision/Optimum Online is going to get bought out by Altice (they own SFR/Numericable) and turn the service to shit.. And on top of this, Verizon doesn't want to deploy FTTH here. Fuck.

And I want faster upload speeds for mah Tor nodes.

Three
Sheffield, UK

Upgrading to 4G from Three soon for same price at £25/month with no line rental

Right now beyond 200 it is kind of meaningless.
There are so few services that can saturate that it just becomes dick waving, 4K only recently has entered the market

German internet sucks dick lol

Here in Ireland Three has probably the worst coverage of all networks. Vodaofne being the best, Three is far cheaper though.

Yeah. They put the prices up by £10 in under 8 months though which really pissed me off. When I get 4G the speed increase will be much more worth the price i'm paying.