Recommend me some good mp3 players around 100$

Recommend me some good mp3 players around 100$.
all i know is pic related

>good
pic related is it

Ruizu x02 from Gearbest.

fuze or clip than ?

Clip+

> Current year
> Not listening to your mp3s on your phone

inb4 phone can't are not meant to play music : ofc they are (pic related)

>current year
>using phones

zte warp elite, best mp3 player out there. Has about 72 hours of mp3 playback. $100 on amazon.

Most phones don't have dedicated buttons so I can skip a track without taking my mp3 player out of my pocket.

Most phones don't have decent eq settings or half the options of lockbox.

Also, I would rather not have something draining my phone's battery during the day when I can just take my sands clip + with me. It's much smaller and lighter than a battery pack.

Rockboxed xduoo x3

I had this phone...god it was awesome but fuck that proprietary connector

>Most phones don't have dedicated buttons so I can skip a track without taking my mp3 player out of my pocket.
It's okay because technology has advanced so much that we put the buttons on the headphones/earbuds. It's crazy I know.

>Most phones don't have decent eq settings or half the options of lockbox.
That's okay too because technology has advanced so much that we have dedicated android music players with eq settings and whatnot.

>Also, I would rather not have something draining my phone's battery during the day when I can just take my sands clip + with me. It's much smaller and lighter than a battery pack.
It's okay because again technology has advanced so much that music playback is around 72 hours for a phone with a 3,000 mAh battery. Playing music for 1-2 hours a day will drain like 3% of your phone battery throughout the day.

We also have this insanely amazing technology called bluetooth headphones that playback MP3s without encoding them to another lossy format (see A2DP).

user I'm just as shocked as you are, we're in the fucking future man!

Found secondary Zune 120G in good shape.
price 60$
yes or no ?

$99

If you still buy an MP3 you are stupid, your phone can do it better.

5th gen iPod Classic with an SSD

>use phone as a PMP
>using it as a phone kills my PMP's battery
>using it as a PMP kills my phone's battery
>piece of shit touchscreen
>lower storage
No thanks, PMP are still vastly superior

The thumbnail looks like a record player.
That's detail.

>>use phone as a PMP
>>using it as a phone kills my PMP's battery
>>using it as a PMP kills my phone's battery
>>piece of shit touchscreen
see >>lower storage
Only retarded faggots buy iPhones.

>No thanks, PMP are still vastly superior
kek

His points are shit
>Only retarded faggots buy iPhones.
No, for literally every phone
>kek
kek

>His points are shit
hmm huh
>>Only retarded faggots buy iPhones.
>No, for literally every phone
90% of android phones come with a microsd slot
>>kek
>kek
8====D

>90% of android phones come with a microsd slot
Yes, and microSD goes up to what? 256GB? Even if you pair that with a phone with 128GB onboard storage it's still not even half what you can achieve with a PMP.

vast majority of smartphones have a bad voltage output/enough power to drive decent headphones

So what PMP has over say 384GB of storage? You can easily achieve this by getting a 128GB zenfone 2 + 256GB microsd.

modded iPod. You can hit 1TB, if not more.

Wallmart ones, sure. My Sony Z3 has enough volts/amps/niggawatts or whatever to make me deaf with my pair of ATH-M50X headphones. Usually leave volume at 40-60%. At 80% my ears start to hurt after a while.

But maybe I'm not understanding this right, are you trying to kill yourself with headphones? Why not just snort a few rails of cocaine and overdose on heroin. That'd seem like a better way to go.

>iPod
>in 2016
That 1TB SSD must be like $400 too.

Pic is a very good one I use it daily with rockbox

Who the fuck needs a terabyte of space for an mp3 player?

>best PMP
>somehow laughable
Sure thing bud.

I'm not saying you need a whole TB, just that phones can't even come close to what a dedicated PMP can do.

iPods have terrible DACs. You can always hear a faint noise of static on mute and the upper frequencies sound muffled. I've old loads of iPods and all of then have terrible DACs.

5th gen is well known for its Wolfson DAC, I'm not an audiophile anyway so I honestly couldn't give a rat's ass

>I'm not saying you need a whole TB, just that phones can't even come close to what a dedicated PMP can do.
If you don't need it then it doesn't fucking matter. That's like saying because rifle B is better than rifle A because it has a magazine while rifle A is a single shot when both are used in an un-timed accuracy contest. It's not any better because it doesn't matter.
80GB alone is enough for nearly 600 hours of music. 384GB is four months of continuous, non stop play. I bet when converted to MP3 320kbps your library doesn't even touch 80GB.

Sure it does, 512GB is a feasible amount of music, and a phone can't do that either.

Storage aside you're still stuck with the cancer known as a touchscreen along with inferior battery.

Fiio x1

This I have one and it is fantastic.

Conclusion: whats the best one???

this one

I have a sansa clip plus with rockbox and I love it.
Battery life increased significantly after getting rockbox, though sometimes it discharges seemingly over night without using it. Someone had the same issue here?

Nigga I'm all for PMPs but quoting "storage space" is not an acceptable plus for most people. Sure it sounds cool to have a 400GB library of music but there comes a time to be honest with yourself and realize that you've never listened to at least 30% of it and you only listen to about 20GB of it in any particular week or month. I bet there's songs in your library you haven't listened to in years because you grew out of them but you can't bring yourself to toss it off the list.

question is. Does it have Anti-Skip technology?

>there comes a time to be honest with yourself and realize that you've never listened to at least 30%
That's the beauty of carrying such a large library on your person, you want to hear something different or new? You've got it.

We also have these nifty watches that can control your phone's music player.
Isn't technology amazing?!

>ES{
Yes

*ESP

I sure enjoy taking this 6 inch brick everywhere

>69 ▶
>
>I sure enjoy taking this 6 inch brick everywhere
>6 inch
dude thats like 2 or 3 inches what the hell are u talking about

I've had that happen to me, but I'd just assumed I'd left a game running overnight or something

I have one of those. The headphone jack became loose after a few months. I only got sound in one ear. Opened it up and resoldered it. Haven't had a problem in three years.

Sandisk stopped making the Clip Plus because the chipset is no longer made. They replaced it with the Clip Jam and Clip Sport, both of which suck so much ass. They're buggier, have less features, freeze all the time, and they're slower. You also can't but Rockbox on them. They're cheaper but they suck. The discontinued Clip Plus are starting to fetch premium prices so grab one before they're over $150 for a 4GB.

This. Also, install Rockbox and it can play lossless.

why does Sup Forums recommend these? Battery life is garbage

It can play lossless with stock firmware

Luckily I got a clip zip for $25 the other day.
Almost perfect replacement for my phone, just have to work out some issues.

My clip zip got 22h15 in benchmark.
Real usage lasts about 2 days (I have a large playlist and skip around a lot).

Have had the clip for 6 years. Ran it over on my bicycle and still works. My favorite thing about it is the support of flac. Unlike the ipod I traded for it.

Anyone else's (roxboxed) clip+ kak it after only a few months?

He said decent headphones. Besides, the M50s are 38 ohms. That's nothing. High quality headphones are often 250/600, possibly higher.