So it begins.. Mozilla's first move to defeat Chrome

ghacks.net/2016/05/23/install-google-chrome-extensions-firefox/

Can't wait to see all the people switch away from Chrome/Chromium to Firefox.

More secure, more private, has a Chrome like UI now too and finally Chrome extensions work with it.

No one who loves Chrome has a reason anymore to stay with it. It is time to leave the Botnet behind and send Google to the place they belong: the trash!

Go Mozilla!

Other than google's own extensions, are there really any chrome-exclusive extensions?

With how sjw have taking over firefox in the past year... I won't put my money on anything they make these days.

Fuck Mozilla

Reminder that during the early days of chrome google suggested a common API for browser extension but mozilla didn't bother.

shoo shoo mozilla shill, you're making it too obvious

If you support Firefox you're an SJW cuck, kill yourself OP

Sure..

We advanced users have only to give up ricing, theming, real complex advanced add-ons for making the Chrome crowd happy.

There is actually a term for a Company which leaves behind their origin users who made them great and brought tons of n00bs towards the product:

"Betrayal! or to pull an Opera"

But that is not the Point. The Point is, why should a user use Firefox which is equal with Chrome when there is already Chrome available? Most users do not care for privacy, so there will no big user shift towards Firefox.

Who really believes that Firefox is able to absorb all Chrome users now or most of them is truly BEYOND stupid.

A cheap knock-off stays a cheap knock-off no matter how hard it tries.

Only Sup Forums cucks use chrome

And only simple fags use these days Firefox, as there is nothing good anymore for power users once they have switched to Servo and killed XUL and all what made them unique.

This. What noteworthy extensions are exclusive to Chrome?

In fact none Chrome extensions are utter crap. The only one's of value are the special Chrome apps.

But of course Google would never allow Mozilla to absorb that special technology. So Firefox will even if it has Webextensions inferior to Chrome.

0.02 cents have been deposited into your Google Wallet.

>WebExtensions in Firefox 48 Stable

XUL deprecation soon

So any extensions worth having?

Go away SJWfag, sage

people don't use chrome because of the extensions though

I used to support Chrome...

Chrome is stumped...

Now that it lost its extensions I can no longer support it. It has proven to be a psuedo-browser, bloated, hostile to power users, and "just werks."

I am now a #FirefoxMissile.

Chrome and Firefox are both options for cucks and retards.

Real men use Chromium.

I couldn't care less about Firefox when they turned to SJW shit, but the moment they removed the ability to change about:newtab I switched to palemoon and I love it. Fuck Mozilla and fuck google

>Firefox trying desperately to become chrome since australis
>bloated slow garbage run by SJWs
Sounds good. I'm a #FurryMissile now

There's a few I suppose. There's one that anytime a politicians name is mentioned in an article, it gives the it a hyperlink and a hover state that tells you who all has donated to the politician. Let's you see who's in whose pocket.

I'd gave to really dig around for some other ones.

Occupy the bookstore is good for students looking for textbooks.
Googlecast?

I dunno both browsers are shit now so who really cares?

It looks like Servo is more promising than this feature.

The_Donald

Mozilla literally doing the "If you can't beat them join them" move with Firefox. I honestly cannot believe they fucked up such a good browser.

>More secure
lol

>implying there are any decent chrome-only extensions
Imao, I'd be happy to see FF extensions in Chrome, but I give literally zero fucks on Chrome extensions in FF.

Can someone explain the SJW Firefox thing to me?

It's free you retard

>chrome extensions on firefox
That's fucking ass-backwards. Nobody in the history of browsers has ever said "I wish we had more extensions on Firefox like Chrome does!"

For fuck's sake, someone failed at viral marketing.

Like a year ago Mozilla picked Brendan Eich as their CEO but it turns out Eich donated to a christian charity that also lobbies against gay marriage which pissed off a lot of SJWs who started spamming anti-Mozilla bullshit everywhere. After like a week of getting harassed by reddit, tumblr, and other hives scum Eich resigned from his position. Sup Forums blames Mozilla for his resignation.

Dumb kids saying dumb shit.

what are some good chrome/firefox extensions/addons then

google fanboys

i'd rather they not fuck with my existing firefox addons like downthemall

>Can someone explain the SJW Firefox thing to me?

Entrysm is the standard and very successful tactic of the left. That's how they got to own academia back in the 60's and now they've been doing the same in the software world, including FOSS.

Well, I did not found any nonexisting firefox extensions that I missed from chrome, so this is not good move. All extensions had their alternatives.

Anyway if not donating to christian charity is more important than improving browser quality then firefox will never became good browser.

Chrome has already implemented many mechanisms to improve quality, security and portability to new platforms or embedding in your custom browser/webview widget based on chromium - and both chrome and chromium are growing strong, stable and overall better. While firefox did some work I see money spent on removing "slave" from developer documentation just because it may "offend somebody". Well, literally everything may be offensive so if I see money spend on useless work I will never donate a penny to Mozilla. Moreover there are more browsers based on chromium like Vivaldi or Opera - Google receive actual patches from this projects so they are beneficial from such projects.

Mozilla foundation must change their mentality or close itself - I do not see other solutions.

This doesn't actually fix any of the problems that caused people to leave Firefox in the first place. All this does is make it a crappier Chrome clone. The only people that want that are already using Chrome and won't switch back.

Mozilla shill detected, go away cuck.

>With how sjw have taking over ff
explain

Microsoft did the same thing with Linux,
Ubuntu on windows 10.....hahahahaha

>extensions
never use them. mozilla devs are sad and desperate. use chrome or opera.

Not to mention a few other websites jump on the bandwagon to get a virtue boost

>sjw

Tried this extension to use Chrome shit but it's pretty fucking rank. Doesn't work half of the time because the conversion process fails. Asks you to log into a mozilla account. Who the fuck has one of those? Most of the shit in the chrome store isn't worth the hassle.