BSD And Other Things

/bsd/ - *BSD General Thread
Discuss FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, DragonFlyBSD...

IRC: #baot @ irc.rizon.net

News: dragonflydigest.com - undeadly.org - freebsdnews.com

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a_EYdzGyNWs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I would use FreeBSD on my laptop but connecting to a wifi network is a pain

Nobody is using BSD.

Except that's wrong you fucking moron

anyone use plan 9

>cuck license

epik

>I learned to embrace the cuck life
ishyggy

>blobs
>no drivers
fucking dropped

>I mindlessly spout memes

>cucked by aplel
top kekeroons!

I hope you're someday able to receive help for your mental illnesses, user.

>no bully
>stop raping me, I get enough from sony

why are bsdcucks so easily told, Sup Forums?

We don't care enough about a bunch of GNU kiddies to put up a proper fight.

epik

What issues do you experience?
The first few times I tried FreeBSD the automated installer would try to connect wireless and it would always fail at DHCP lease acquisition.
After reading the handbook I found out that I can actually connect without much trouble, I just have to issue one command, which I put in my rc.conf and now I'm well past that problem.
I'm still too lazy to put wpa_supplicant at startup because I haven't yet had the need to connect to other APs

on gnulinux i just turn on my laptop and everything just works. wifi works. le dick works. shiet bsd is like a decade behind gnulinux in usability. im also not a cuck so i will not be using a os that promotes cuckoldry in its license like the bsd license

>le cuck license
epic meme

no seriously what the fuck is wrong with you

Why do i keep coming to Sup Forums at all?
seriously, all these meme spewing kids and the stupid dumbass who falls for it (or is he just samefagging?).
OP you motivated me to make the switch to BSD and I appreciate it but look at these thread. I hereby invite you to make this thread in a better community where there is actual discussion and people actually like to learn.
Don't want to lure unwanted visitors (though we have good moderation), but here's a hint

I demoed OpenBSD on my T61 for a week. It was really slow running gnome. I then tried Arch with gnome on the same T61 and it performed much better. What did I just experience?

>Gnome
There's your problem

whatever you say, OP

GNOME on BSD is a hack, mostly.
Still, I think OpenBSD on laptops is underclocked by default. There was a sysctl parameter to making it run faster, but I don't remember what it is since I never had to set it.

>letting people spread FUD

By far, BSD shills are some of the most persistent and aggressive shills on Sup Forums. This entire board is basically shill express anyway. Don't know how long till the shills leave BSD on jump on the next obscure, cool OS.

and you're the most persistent and aggressive loser

See what I mean? I'd rather not use an operating system used by pretentious morons like you. I'll actually stick to an OS which was intended for desktop use, like debian. Have fun with your special OS with almost zero driver support.

>I'll actually stick to an OS which was intended for desktop use
OpenBSD's intended for desktop use.

i just find it funny that you didn't try to disprove what i said
enjoy being so triggered by every BSD thread that you have to post how much you don't like it in every thread

>in every thread

Nice projecting, this is literally the first time I ever posted in a BSD thread. I don't really care about disproving you either, because I don't want nor do I intend on using BSD. If you have fun with your special niche OS and makes you feel cool, then by all means use it.

No it's not, it's at best a laptop OS.

>laptop OS.
Same thing.

Gentoo > BSD
Portage is better than Ports
The Gentoo community is better and more professional than BSD
Gentoo is more flexible
I would go on but the autistic BSD community probably wont listen anyway because they're stubborn, pompous fanboys.

>Nice projecting, this is literally the first time I ever posted in a BSD thread.
sure

Bailed out by a gypsy buttcoin milionaire and theo the rat keeps his secret signify keys in an unnetworked computer in his basement. OpenBSD is ghetto as hell. This shit is like some poor ass college student's CS project. Imma just stick to linux

>OpenBSD is every BSD

>OpenBSD is intended for desktop use
>Wait guys, let me rephrase that, it's ONE of the BSDs for desktop use hehehehe tricked you guys.. . . .. . . .

You should reply to people when you're replying top them, much like I am doing as I reply to you. Otherwise it just seems like you're adding another shitpost to the thread. I guess that's what you were doing either way, but you get the point.

literally schizophrenia

>FreeBSD = apple cucks
>NetBSD = toaster os
what next, fagboy?

epik memes

>maximum damage control
say it ain't so, cuckboy! :^)

We need shadow bans for the cuck memesters

>no bully pls
fuck off

But YOU are the cucks, lads!

Just report them, you idiot.

I just switched my dedicated server running Linux to FreeBSD. Huge difference in setup and ease of configuration. Incredibly refreshing having a whole new experience and reading up on the manuals to see how everything works. FreeBSD on a server environment is definitely light-years of using something as outdated and fucked as Ubuntu for servers or being retarded and using Arch for a Linux server.

It wouldn't be that bad if you people didn't conduct yourselves as a bunch of edgy twelve year olds.

Then again that's probably all you really are.

You think I'm not? My point stands.

>server
>Arch
>Ubuntu
yeah, you sound retarded already
>FreeBSD
we're not surprised with this next choice

>waaaaah, I want an echo chamber
try tumblr, dip

I don't want an echo chamber, I want a fucking discussion. You faggots contribute nothing to it.

What did you shit stain contribute?

What do you care? You're only here to shit on everything BSD related.

>wanting quality discussion beyond "le cuck xD" is wanting an echo chamber
"no"

>quality discussion
top kek

so you DON'T have anything to contribute then?

Yeah it's hilarious to want to discuss technology on a technology board isn't it?

>I have nothing
we know

Wow user you sure showed me

Let's see it, cucks, start the discussion!

Quit shitting the thread up and we could get one going.

Alright.

So is there any reason to upgrade NetBSD to 7.0.1 or is it just an insignificant point release?

No reason.

Alright, just making sure.

I kind of like how they don't push out new releases too often, because I don't have to upgrade every 6 month. But I think they don't really make any new advancements as a result, it's a shame because NetBSD is genuinely interesting.

>waaaaah, we want to discuss technology
>ok, discuss
>NO! why do you care?
these cuck spergs I swear

>not installing freebsd with your gf having sex with another man in the background

I didn't know that existed.
Upgrading OpenBSD isn't difficult at all. It certainly took something like 15 minutes, can't really remember.

that's totally not what happened but ok
it was more like
>ok, discuss, cuck xD i dont care im gonna keep shitposting

>Upgrading OpenBSD isn't difficult at all. It certainly took something like 15 minutes, can't really remember.
It isn't if you're using the rd installer, but actually keeping up with erratas is a pain in the ass. Though I guess there's always M:Tier.

>totally not what happened
m8...

>m8...
epic xD he does it again!

youtube.com/watch?v=a_EYdzGyNWs

Pledge looks pretty cool I hope it gets adopted by more systems

>totally not what happened tho
c'mon cuck, please

>the guys responding to le epik cuck troll aren't discussing BSD
No fucking shit, we're too busy dealing with your sorry ass.

Shame about this presentation's length and the upload's quality, which gets desynch'd like halfway through.

>we're too busy
>too busy
>TOO
>BUSY
>thread is a ghost town tho
TOP FUCKING KEK, LAD!

i just think it's funny that this thread apparently has only 16 unique IPs in it, with 75 posts, 70% of which are probably you, you pathetic sack of shit

so... without me there's nothing to talk about? why the fuck did you make the tread, spergshit?

Nobody's bothering with discussion because you won't shut the fuck up, it's not that hard to understand. Then again it may be different for the mentally ill such as yourself.

>he has THIS much unwarranted self-importance
you are literally mentally ill, please get help

Yeah, I went from 5.8 to 5.9 release without keeping track of errata, I'll fix that up soon by trying stable.
I'm relatively new to Unix, FreeBSD being the first Unix I enjoyed, and OpenBSD the second.

just be grateful your shitty cuck thread didn't reach page 10 with 9 posts and say thanks :^)

You'll like linux even more!

who the fuck even cares if it does that?
only you do, i just hang out in them when they happen

i really don't get why you still post in them every day if they're so fucking triggering, how many bans do you evade per day?

It would've done fine without you, whenever I find a BSD thread I watch and bump it when it comes close to deletion. Now that you know you're not needed, please go, you've got like 100 other threads to shitpost in on this board alone, though it'd be much appreciated if you just stopped shitposting altogether.

>i just hang out
then hang out and shut the fuck up, this ain't iMessage, nobody is talking directly to you expecting a response, shit eater
>so fucking triggering
sounds like you're the one triggered

>iMessage
there you go again
this isn't the first time you bring up iMessage, don't act like you aren't always samefagging

Debian, Fedora, OpenSUSE, and Centos were terrible experiences. No thanks.
I'll keep using OpenBSD and the other BSDs.

>I watch and bump it
so you admit there's no discussion going on here anyway; then shut the fuck up
>100 other threads to shitpost
no, the others are for actual discussion

>there you go again
>so fucking triggered
bwahahahahahahaha

>so you admit there's no discussion going on here anyway
No, I bump it in case of the lack of discussion, not once did I say there is no discussion. Quit putting words in my mouth you fucking mongoloid.
>the others are for actual discussion
As is this one.

also
>lol im shitposting!!1
>WAIT WHY ARE YOU RESPONDING REEEE
what is wrong with you

>homescreen general
>actual discussion

>terrible experiences
they assume you have a brain tho
>other BSDs
say no more, apple makes a fine BSD, alright ;^)

>in case of the lack of discussion
there's always a lack of discussion in this shit thread
>As is this one.
there's no need to lie on the internet

>homescreen general
yeah, it's sad when homescreen general has more intelligent discussion than bsd threads

>there's always a lack of discussion in this shit thread
Nah
>there's no need to lie on the internet
I haven't once lied itt

>I haven't once lied itt
let's see: are you using OSX?

lol he's just gonna respond and you're gonna say "NO YOU LIAR" like the little child you are

Nope