Battlestation Thread - /bst/

last one is about to hit the bump limit

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/p/qcFXsJ
bestbuy.com/site/asus-27-ips-led-hd-monitor-silver/8767178.p?id=1218890757451&skuId=8767178
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A E S T H E T I C EDITION

As the summer months roll around i'm always glad I took the basement to take over. It's always cooler down here

Holy shit that's schway.

Wish Lain Li made the same case without the optical drive bays and just let you mount a 360 upfront

Guys could I get some feedback? (Change the Ti for a 1080)
pcpartpicker.com/p/qcFXsJ

Goals

Comfy

Can your budget take the hit to move to a Z motherboard and a K chip? You'll get a ton more life out of the chip if you can overclock it.

Hey faggits.

Not rally bad things but more suggestions"
-----
1. Gigabyte boards have sucked since around 2008, I always go MSI.

2. Go for a K chip if you can
------

Personally i'd wait for next-gen but other than that is looks good.

Goals/10

Maybe another 6 weeks of saving and I could fit it in budget, Thanks user

>Gigabyte boards have sucked since around 2008

Sure their bottom basement boards are a bit cheap but the rest of their line is right up with Asus.

If anything MSI is the odd guy out as the lower quality option. They had tons of Bio issues with Skylake

>xfinity
Are you enjoying getting cucked?

it be like another 150 bucks, i'd drop a monitor in the meantime.

For example my 4770k is clocked at 4.6ghz and i'm beating stock clock Skylakes in benches. Overclocking lets you get way more out of the chip and is so simple anymore, if you take an hour and follow a guide you can get a great clock on any chip

MSI skylake didn't bother me as I stuck with AMD.

But really? Twice have high end gigabyte boards failed on my friends. (Two separate people. I am drunk and not writing well.)

Seems fine to me. Maybe wish the upload was a bit higher.

Luck of the drawl, Gigabyte is still highly rated. Even Asrock is above MSI now if you look at RMA data

Thanks, going to change to a 6500k and a MSI Z170A GAMING M5

Gonna buy it all together, I really need those 2 monitors, advanced shitposting and muh anime

For almost 1k in monitors ever think of going with a 34 inch 21:9? It's gonna by the next step up for me. I already sold off one of my 1440p monitors

I can dig it!

I live in Mexico, so the dollar and import taxes are fucking crazy If I were to buy an ultrawide it would ascend to 2K
Dell sells this monitors locally at Amazon.mx so no import taxes, so 2- 27" or 3- 25"

9/10

fucking love your setup, very clean, good black/blue theme. Only thing I would change is more vibrant posters (might be hard to tell based on lighting, but I think having non-black/blue only posters would look quite nice and pop well).

that monitor, what is it?

I too want to know. Is it white?

asus vx279

I told my self that I wasn't going to spend any more money on aesthetics until winter but fuck, that white looks nice...

I have a few more posters I want to put one above the PC, What do I pick? I'm thinking Fury but I want your opinions.
Godzilla (2014)/Oblivion/Gravity/Interstellar /Fury

Looks good. I usually don't like glass desk but this one was done pretty well 8/10. Only thing I really dislike is the stand for that display.
Looks cozy Air 540 bros! 7/10
I like the wall of displays feels comfy. 5/10
Well done and thought out. 9/10
Clean 8/10 put stuff on the wall maybe.
I like the studio feel to it 7/10

Godzilla takes my vote
Also 10/10

I framed the two poster, moved a few things around, and worked on the cable management, might take a new pic later, what color should I turn my lights to this time?

I would need a pic of all of them before I decided.

>studio feel

Thanks man.

Gotta see both movies.

Where did you get yur speaker stands?
Also
>Klipsch Reference
Nice!

Hasn't changed much.

I like your setup. The glass desk is hard to bypass since the ones I had were bad. Looks good.

Nice GT wallpaper. I had that game and it was some good memories there.

Here you go familia.

Made them.

Is that monitor this one?

bestbuy.com/site/asus-27-ips-led-hd-monitor-silver/8767178.p?id=1218890757451&skuId=8767178

Good for the value, but I couldn't use it for my needs.

3 months 'till moving

yes

The only Razer product I have is my mouse. Try harder.

wew lad

>Ikea furniture
Why do you hate quality?

Jesus fuck fuck msi fuck them in the ass.
One of their mobos wont work with gtx 980 ti G1
>to fix it, return it and buy a new model lol fuck you
>was your fucking issue resolved?
Fuck that made me mad.

For gaming, I'd get it in a hearbeat.

MSI has taken a dip in quality, like I said. I wouldn't use them. My go to is Asus and Gigabyte. Asrock would be 3rd place if I needed something cheap.

EVGA had a TON of issues with stability on their mobos for a while. I originally had a EVGA Z97 FTW and had nothing but issues, ended up RMAing it for a refund (thanks amazon). Got a Gigabyte UD5h Black in it's place and have been rock solid since

He loves the 2 paged manuals

ow my eyes.

>Dbrand
>Acoustic foam with out a purpose (inb4 'asthetics')
>Trying to cram every valuable onto one small desk.

Whoever painted your walls gray needs to be killed, they even used the wrong type of paint.

5.6/10

I noticed that Acer is starting to make good monitors for a minute. Was tempted, but got me a Dell instead.

I'm going off of thumbnails because it takes a bit for the images to load

9/10

Still haven't found my keycap after removing it to clean the spilled beer out of my keyboard.

Cheers man when I redecorate I'm going to put some framed posters up and what not!
Sorry senpai
>Still haven't found my keycap after removing it to clean the spilled beer out
Can son which cap?

It's an unused key but it still bugs the hell outta me. It's the period right next to the 0/Insert button on the numpad

Definatly Godzilla!

That grammar, sorry I'm tired. Definitely .

I'd go with Fury.

That sucks.

it's fast but the real winner is google fiber at 75 a month for almost 10x that speed

Nice posters, My friend gave me a Captian America Winter Soldier poster but its 13.5 X 19in and I'm having trouble finding a frame for it. (Pic related)

Have a saw/handsaw and some glue or nail gun? Just make a frame. And thanks all my posters are from the theater I used to work at.

Gojira for sure my man!

>Gojira
How was working at A theater, and that's good advice.

It was a cool experience for a job right out of high school. Floyd Mayweather came in a lot after closing because he lives near it. I would get a few hundred bucks in tips when he did so that was cool. Other than that everyone working there was a shit head and drama all day. I'm a carpenter now, make my own hours/actual job.

Oh not bad, and you got a ton of posters too.

>using a picture of the smiley with a carat nose

Yeah but anyone can get the posters employees just got first dibs. Same goes for the banners and cardboard props. In the end it all just gets thrown out.

>A E S T H E T I C EDITION
No. Just no.

And is that actually your pic? how many grand did that LISP machine cost?

it lives!

So does the mac but I need a SCSI drive for it.

Current battlestation.

I'd love it but the meme blue 'I never sleep' LEDs are too shitty and pretentious.

4/10 stop being pretentious with windows on cases and especially LEDs.

>The only Razer product I have is my mouse. Try harder.
>actually bought a razer product
>bought a gayming mouse that is not actually any more functional than a $10 mouse

>bought a gayming mouse that is not actually any more functional than a $10 mouse
No.
>bought the original deathadder 7 years ago
>recently died
>bought the newest deathadder because of previous longevity and the feel in my hand that I've remembered for the past 7 years

This one isn't that great, using it since it was free.

I originally bought this case and cathodes back in high school, with an E8400 and 9800 GTX+. I agree this thing looks like shit, and I hate it, but it still works.

Looking good man. Loving the comfy level.
That is definitely a comfy basement. Its hot as fuck anywhere else.
Awesome clean set up as always man.
Picking up LED bulb tomorrow. They didn't leave a slip so I have to get it from them some how.
Needs a comfier desk.
Nice white sneaks. You paint them or jsut like white?
Prime as fuck as always.
Looks a little clustered but still really neat.
Real life hype.
You live a simple good wood life.
At least the board is okay.
How do you use one single portrait monitor? Seems weird for watching stuff.

>is so autistic that he can't adapt to a different mouse
>bought a deathadder gayming mouse

I got a free case loaded with LEDs in HS from a friend. ripped out all the LEDs and took the front hinge panel off since it was an ugly useless piece of shit. Then replaced the noisy blue LED fans that were run straight from a PSU's 12 volt molex connectors and replaced them with quiet normal person fans controlled from my motherboard. Thinking of spraypainting the window black, too.

>explain a sensible set of decisions
>has no legitimate response
>resorts to "autism"

Going to use an old Sun tower, or an IBM Model 60 case or similar for my next build. I have moved so much with this case that the screws that hold the graphics cards have bent the holes.

I how does the Lian Li in OP's picture compare to the Define R5?

>How do you use one single portrait monitor? Seems weird for watching stuff.

I sometimes hook up a second monitor, but I can also do this (see webm).

#! /bin/sh
#portrait
xrandr --output DVI-I-1 --rotate left
#! /bin/sh
#landscape
xrandr --output DVI-I-1 --rotate normal

>explainable based on the fallacy that having a gayming mouse is explainable in the first place

Sounds like a cool build to me. I'm not looking up what board the IBM had, but if it has an ISA slot I wish I had it for my MPU-401.

My computer started out as a stock Dell Dimension 4700 and evolved, eventually shedding its case for a bigger one (so I could stick my graphics card on the bottom PCIe slot on my micro ATX and avoid covering a 32 bit PCI slot for my sound card, a SB Audigy 2).

Man seems like a lot of work but I like the solution to changing it.

>getting mad that someone is using some arbitrary product
If anyone is autistic, it's you.

Source: I'm autistic so I know autistic behaviors when I see them.

>Man seems like a lot of work but I like the solution to changing it.
You would not BELIEVE how hard this was when I tried to do it in windows. I had to write a C program and de-object-ify the Windows API documentation (where a C API is represented in C++ [read: retarded] terms).

Yet another reason I rarely use windows for anything.

I'm high functioning autistic and can tell you are incredibly OCD, though not necessarily incredibly autistic.

You're still a faggot though. I agree with that user - you have NO REASON to use a gayming mouse other than meme and because you had one before (due to meme).

Ill admit linux is nice for customization. But it will never be as stable for a basic user. Niggas be deleting there system files already. I would use arch again if I felt the need to waste some time on a cool set up.

Not that guy but I like to use gaymen mice even though I don't play games:
>More responsive buttons and scroll wheel
>Programmable auxillary buttons
>Comfortable shapes
>Build quality

This. Or get a MX Master

I love my gamer mice, but the MX Master has been a dream using some of the buttons for stuff. Found a orb weaver or nostromo were the best fo photo and video work with the macros.

sounds like you over-engineered that one. there are plenty of solutions to switching resolution/orientation that "just werk" - many are hotkeyable right from the default GPU drivers.

not talking shit, just... ya know... its not like you make it out to be.

Not to mention more aesthetically pleasing than some 90's looking office shit.

Muh future aesthetics are superior to yr beige trash. Deal with it or fuck on out of my face.

You aren't telling us why it's not a fallacy to say a gayming mouse is okay because you had a gayming mouse before.

Thanks for the vote of reason. Typical of IRL autistic people.
>But it will never be as stable for a basic user.
Wrong, I've seen a computer at a power plant I worked at in the break room running linux - the three workers (small hydroelectric plant) all had used it fine for five years. It was running Ubuntu 10.04 (yikes), but working fine for them as non-savvy users.

>Niggas be deleting there system files already.
*their.
You can do that in windows just as easily. Both ask for a password unless you're a moron and log in as root (linux) or "Administrator" or "SYSTEM" (windows) with UAC turned off.>I would use arch again if I felt the need to waste some time on a cool set up.
Actually this is Debian, so pretty simple if you want it to be.

Not that guy but I actually have his mouse (the Dell one).
>More responsive buttons and scroll wheel on a gayming mouse
Bullshit. This uses tactile mechanical switches and they have never failed to work when they click, or activated when not clicking. You click the button, it sends a signal saying you've clicked a button. Doesn't require $60 of hardware. The scroll wheel? Depends on how many slits there are in the shaft encoder, but I actually prefer less. If you want more, I have a logitech m525 that is also well-priced and has a very fine scroll wheel (which I discovered I hated - I like the large stops of normal mouses).
>Programmable auxillary buttons
...which you can accidentally hit & can easily be accomplished w/ keyboard shortcuts. If you like bells and whistles and dislike 'KISS' (Keep It Simple, Stupid) principles, I concede that.
>Comfortable shapes
Never felt uncomfortable with mine.
>Build quality
Got my mouse used from a high school that was recycling them. It's seen abuse from hundreds of teens and still works absolutley fine. You're full of shit.

>everyone has my GPU drivers
>hardware-dependent GPU drivers are portable to all windows systems

>not talking shit, just... ya know... its not like you make it out to be.
You can write a script to easily accomplish it in linux. You CANNOT write a script to easily accomplish it in windows. You cannot change that.

>this is beige

You may want to calibrate your eyes.

Mint and ubuntu I can see being okay. But in the end trying to teach somone with no tech experience how to set up linux to work for them would end in this is too long. I haven used debian and slack ware so far. Thats what I was saying is that people already do it with windows and linux makes it a little easier to mess something up if you arent very familiar.

If someone is truly typical and never leaves the point-and-drool interfaces he will never break anything. That's why this power plant computer lasted so long on 10.04.

you can easily hotkey it via drivers or another program. which you can then script if it makes you feel better.

obviously you can get right to the heart of the issue very easily in linux, im not debating that... but talking about reverse engineering the windows API so you could get at the info you wanted is the definition of missing the point.

you seem more suited to linux and it seems suited to your preferences. but that doesnt change the fact that it is easy to do, just not the way you wanted to do it.

i have that same TV