What does Sup Forums think about the transit elevated bus?

What does Sup Forums think about the transit elevated bus?

Dumb chink shit or the future?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fVHIKhBYDho
youtube.com/watch?v=F4KZLcvMQWg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it looks like its eating the cars

forgot link

youtube.com/watch?v=fVHIKhBYDho

Both

Dumb chink shit.
It's cheaper and safer to build a second lane for some other method of transportation.

They can't just add more lanes in densely populated cities.

Wouldn't it run the risk of hitting large trucks and semis?

>changing lanes
>dead

>dont turn on headlights fast enough and crash in the dark
>dead

>denying long swaths of road to trucks, roof-racked vans & pickups, buses
>one of those vehicles makes a wrong turn
>dead

sounds like a great idea

>dont turn on headlights fast enough and crash in the dark
>dead

The underside is supposed to be lit, just not in the miniature in the OP.

>WE WUZ HUNGRY CATERPILLARS UND SHIT

>you're in car
>elevated bus drives over you
>you need to go straight, but the bus turns right
>crash and death

this is for overpopulate cities, so this ">dead" advantage helps to balance population

>not wanting to die

It's almost like you enjoy life, faggot.

>Long square segments
>effortlessly bends around corners as if made of rubber

and what is the point of indicating that it will have "emergency brakes" as an innovative feature

Stupid and terribly impractical in today's climate, potentially cool idea in the future where everyone has driverless cars.

No way traffic would behave.

that pic reminded me of that one odst mission

Well shit nigga check mate

That's even more retarded, nobody would ever build that kind of roller coaster train, everyone would be afraid it would fall on them

As cool as that concept art looks I don't think it's viable, at least not in that particular incarnation. Too many problems with traffic, high accident potential. You'd have to completely grade separate it from the road at which point it becomes an elevated rail...

looks cool

but I'd imagine you would have to widen the roads to accommodate tracks along with some extra margins for safety

why not just add an extra lane exclusive for trucks and public transport

Monorails are actually very efficient and useful alternatives to buses. Sydney has a system and it's extremely useful.

is this bait?

what's the difference between a train and a monorail other than the number of rails hand how the carriages are suspended

Because in states with extra lanes trucks don't fucking use them. Like in Texas or LA. Truckers caught driving for more than a short distance in the left lane get ticketed. But they do it anyways and cause wrecks/hold up traffic. It's infuriating

>nobody would ever

I dunno man, that one in particular has been operating in Wuppertal, Germany for over a hundred years now.

Monorails can be implemented around existing structures, whereas trains have to be designed and built before the city, unless you want to relocate thousands of homes or spend hundreds of millions on going underground.

how the fuck is it supposed to turn?

theres a steering wheel shitlord

Retarded chink shit. The best thing overpopulated cities can do is add more subways. Thats it. Expensive as fuck but its an investment that can potentially last centuries and a truly effective solution.

idiotic chink shit
just have a fucking train instead, god damn

>4 lanes wide
>10 cars long
>has to turn left at light
>literally everyone around it gets crushed to death cuz it makes wide ass turns

Monorail better

>Monorails can be implemented around existing structures, whereas trains have to be designed and built before the city, unless you want to relocate thousands of homes or spend hundreds of millions on going underground.

Is this a joke?

>spouting the monorail meme

youtube.com/watch?v=F4KZLcvMQWg

This. They added a dedicated lane for a bus system and now my city is a clusterfuck. I live in Mexico though so that may be 99% of the problem.

Idea originally thought up by Westerners decades ago, actually.

More lanes actually increases traffic because more people think they can use the roads (most of the time).

t. Took a few classes in civil engineering

Aren't traffic laws essentially never enforced in china?

Interdasting.
So what's the best solution for improving traffic in an established urban area?

Looks stupid as fuck but someone needs to figure out how to deal with traffic in cities with poor urban planning that doesn't involve a billion dollar subway system. In bangkok we have the BTS รถไฟฟ้า which is just a train, and the MRT which is a subway. Everyone complains that the BTS doesn't have enough stops, but whenever they do construction on it it takes forever and everyone gets pissed anyways. Plus traffic still fucking sucks

Lots of things, and it's not like there's a universal solution, some solutions work better in different cities. The most obvious solution is better planning the business/retail and residential districts so that you don't have everybody commuting to the same areas. Some of it comes down to culture as well, public transport isn't as popular in America as it is in Europe.

I remember watching a video about this in class. It was about when they removed a highway in Seoul to make way for a park, and what happened in result is that businesses relocated to more optimal locations while traffic congestion actually went down.

from what i've seen near me you create a cluster fuck of one way streets that funnel people away from the city center as soon as they try to enter it, this way all the congestion ends up in the main arterial ways and only people who actually have business in the CBD can work it out so it's pretty quiet most of the time.

Would be extremely annoying in many cases for the drivers underneath that thing.

Imagine if you're following directions and need to read a sign or street name, but nope, this huge monstrosity is blocking 80% of your view.

This sounds oddly familiar. Wasn't this film about underground rivers or something?

Not an underground river (at least I don't think it was underground), but yes it was about a river that they wanted to restore by removing the road that was built over it. I may have gotten some of the small details wrong in my post (it's been a while since I watched it), but I think we watched the same video.

It kills the cyclist.

Had*

We sold it to Melbourne because we're cucks

I would shit my pants if I saw that coming towards me

>actually unironically living in thailand
you know your girlfriend is fucking white alpha aussies while you're stuck in traffic LOL

Good.

That concept has been around for over 10 years, this is nothing new, news outoets jusr have nothing decent to post about

Why even turn off the headlights? I always leave them on, increases visibility and implies that my car is actually moving as opposed to parking in the side... also tunnels and rain suddenly appear

>Dumb chink shit or the future?
Dumb chink shit ESPECIALLY given how shit Chinese drivers are. They'll end up repairing every one of them every day as some retard behind the wheel or on a scooter try to cut it up/turn without looking.

it looks cool as fuck but it seems kind of frightening
what about trucks with extended wing mirrors or higher clearance requirements?

or if you aren't perfectly in your lane?

r u okay

After all why not but it may create distances assessment problems why drivers who pass underneath the bus.

Yeah. They just built a whole new Skytrain line here. Biggest thing they had to do was build some tunnels. The tracks are being built on top of existing roads.

All cagers must hang.

Kek you fatties

brilliant

Large trucks and semi's have their own special roads they drive on in densely populated cities.

I fucking love it. If it works then public transport will be used a tonne more, thus reducing pollution, and in turn reducing traffic since it's a more attractive travel option.

If it fails we have many hilarious gifs/webms we would not experience without it.

>>dead
there's a billion of them

>buss swings
>car inside needs to straight ahead

i dunno.

the bus seems to come with it's own traffic control underneath, as suggested by the video, it will signal the cars to stay before a turn. a built-in barrier can be lowered if people start being jerks and try to speed through.

as a pedestrian I appreciate this.

>driving without headlights on
>ever
What kind of retard doors this?

This is by far the best thread I've seen in a while. Cheers OP!

I like to turn the light off on my motorbike at night sometimes.
>gotta live dangerously

Then don't change lanes, turn your headlights fast enough not to crash in the dark and don't drive semis, vans and pickups.

It's literally simple as that baka desu senpai.

Needs to be shooped to aliexpress

>don't change lanes
do you even drive?

I want to see one T-boned by a chink mom and 7 kids in their family wagon.

A disaster waiting to happen.

In many countries you don't have to.

why dont wageslaves just fucking live in their office? why do they need to commute everyday?

No, I don't know how to drive a car and have never driven one and never will.

you can't choose not to change lanes entirely, lanes end, lanes merge, and certain exits are only available on certain lanes

He forgets to mention that a hanging monorail can be built even when there's no space for trams on the ground

This is a law in my country, really pisses me off when I see some shit driving without his lights on, unless it's literally middle of the day with sun blasting in my eyes, the lights help with visibility tenfold