SOLDER

SOLDER.

What idiot pronounces it with the L sound?

Other urls found in this thread:

img.tfd.com/hm/mp3/S0545400.mp3
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sod off Baldrick

Literally everyone sempai.

>muh correct accent
autist

op doesnt know how to pronounce solder

You pronounce it "solder"

But it was a cunning plan, m'lord.

SOL THE DOR

Like "soldier", but without the "i".

Saw-durr.

Fuck. Texas here, we say "sodder"

it's pronounced Saw-Der

So does everyone else. This is a joke thread.

incorrect. you claim to speak english, so you need to pronounce the "l"

LI•NIX not LIE•NOOKS

>Being American

Lötzinn.

> colder
> holder
> bolder
> "sodder"

Americunts confirmed for complete retards.

lee-nooks.
The german way.

>Solder (/ˈsoʊldə/, /ˈsɒldə/ or in North America /ˈsɑːdər/)
Can we just abort North America? Please?

>lighter powered portable sawdering irong
Cool

That's exactly what free software is

SOLD THE DOOR

I do.

I also say Wor-cest-er-shire Sauce, even though that isn't actually how it is pronounced.

>GNU/Soldering

LOUIS CONFIRMED Sup Forums POSTER

He does.

Why don't you personally go tell him he's an idiot.

don't do it, OP

his knee is larger than your pelvis

Okay so you say 'soder'? Okay Pajeet

>being a burger

> I know, but they both weight kilogram

Hi Louis senpai

How to pronounce cuckolder?

Americans don't speak English, they speak American. Therefore, they pronounce it sodder.

Just the US.

Who is? Will he teach me electrofu?

Kek

how does one see "solder" and think "sodder"?
america pls.

Soldermy and Ohmorra.

ALUMINUM

The same way they see "et cetera" and say "exettera"

Or "nuclear" and "nucular"

What kind of idiot reflow a bga chip?

exit > egg-sit
fuck i hate this one

>he thinks sodder bawls melt at that temperature

Fucking this
> slept
> kept
> wept

"Spelled"

why shouldn't I use 0% lead solders for my electronics?

>nucular
I swear that didn't become a thing until Bush

Aluminum

Nuke the cunts

lead solder is easier to work with, and has less problems

the only reason to use lead-free solder is if;
- you're a big manufacturer and don't want to deal with whatever bullshit is placed on you for using toxic lead in your product
- that's it

ah ok

oh, if you do soldering a lot, you should have good ventilation when using leaded solder, you don't wanted to be breathing lead fumes constantly

This is true, but honestly if I were soldering even more than once a year I wouldn't use lead solder. I've had to do tons of safety courses on lead, and that shit is crazy, never leaves your body and just keeps building up and up and up over time. Its crazy toxic and can result in permanent behaviour/personality problems, dementia, alzheimers, epilepsy, etc, etc

The company I work for doesnt even let us use it, and most jobsites I go to have strict no lead solder policies. And my company is one to cut corners in literally every way they can, and even they dont fuck with that shit

Aluminum is the correct name according to Sir Humphry Davy.

> settled on aluminium in 1812

"sawder" when referring to the material itself and "sol-der-ing" when referring to the act of soldering.

No, that's when he chose aluminum over alumium, no N.
Aluminium was from an anonymous letter to Quarterly Review, complaining that aluminum doesn't rhyme with palladium enough.

u realize that gas container can go boom any second, right guys?

>you don't wanted to be breathing lead fumes constantly
>breathing lead fumes constantly
>lead fumes
You don't do soldering with a welding gun.

Plus a whole bunch of other elements being discovered at the same time. It was a standard ending, he was just going mad from huffing all those chemicals.

If you are just fixing a laptop power jack or something it isn't much but if you are actually building something it's a lot and it's always coming right up into your face.

You know that letting flame burn in a non upright position for longer than a a few fractions of a second (just enough to light a fag) usually causes the plastic holding the metal shield to melt and the whole thing falls apart in your hands.

I don't know what shitty lighters you've been using, but that never happened to me.

>tfw you'll never suck at Dota with Louis-sempai

Alright I'll bite.
Lead evaporates at 1793 degC. Your soldering iron does not get anywhere as hot as that.

Also, apply yourself and use a fume collector like every other functional human being.
>building something it's a lot and it's always coming right up into your face

>That kitchen
>That face
>That posture
He's an Irish country bumpkin. That whole island could sink into the see and the British would be the only ones who cared. Even then only because they lost a small bit of territory.

Kill yourself

You're mixing up evaporation and boiling, mate.
Water boils at 100 degC, yet evaporates all they way down to 0 degC, and even when it's frozen as ice, it still sublimates into the air.
Same thing applies to lead. Lead will still sublimate even at room temperature, but the rates are just so small it's practically zero.
But when you heat lead to 600 degC, it fumes, just like water fumes at 85 degC, even though it does not boil.

Take some chemistry 101 before you start shitposting, or just use common sense and take a look at a pot of water while it heating up and apply what you see there.

>or just use common sense
You don't want that. Most anti science nut jobs argue that their bullshit is common sense.

>Implying your soldering iron even goes up to 600degC
>Implying vapor pressure of metals have similar characteristics to water

Why do you americans pronounce niche as nitch?

>Take some chemistry 101 before you start shitposting, or just use common sense and take a look at a pot of water while it heating up and apply what you see there.
I'd rather recommend you to do that yourself, and also start leaning to read, and stop making exaggerations about soldering temperatures, use some wikipedia or just stop posting at all when everything you're going to post is wrong.

Heat of vaporization of lead: 179.5 kJ/mol, good luck reaching that with your 50 watt 400 degrees soldering iron. Most of lead poisoning is caused by contact with a great a amount of lead salts over a big amount of time. Not because of lead being used in an alloy that melts below lead's own melting temperature.

a member of the military is a saudjer

Americans using English are lazy with their syllables.

Last gen games consoles did not have a fucking clue what to do with no lead in them.
I know for a fact the xbox360 intentionally operated at 80'C.
Short answer is their heat tolerance goes out the window without lead.
When you get these machines reballed they always use solder balls with lead in them, only real solution.

img.tfd.com/hm/mp3/S0545400.mp3

IT AIN'T GONNA SAWDER AN'THING IF YA DUN SAY I' ROIGHT, M8

>Solder

>L sound
no such thing

Who uses solder like that anymore? Fuck, that diameter is HUGE. Must be for bonding copper pipes or something.

it actually turns into nerve gas before combusting, you fag

>silver solder

no shit faggot it's for copper pipes
dumbass

>thirsty, want some pop
>ask for soda
>receive toxic wire

>be you
>be a faggot

Boy am I glad to not be you.