Microsoft is doing God's work

Why do you hate your mother?

>her preference for libreoffice

my mother used to bake me a cake for sysadmin appreciation day

had her comptia a+ and built her own machine

I miss her

>I like the ribbon
wew

They deserve windows 7 with security updates, not an OS that will drive them to linux and ruin my secret club

>an ms office shill
>on Sup Forums
You need to be 18 to post

>Microsoft is doing God's work
This. Fuck you niggers still using an operating system from 2009.

This. No one 18 or older uses some libshit knockoff. Go back to re ddit you shills you're wasting your time

>getting so mad at what other people use

>not liking the ribbon
Once you learn it it's way faster. If you don't like it just customize the quick access toolbar and hide the ribbon.

This is bait.

R-right?

A lot of software from 1999 is better optimized than modern equivalents with the same functionality

2009 could easily be an improvement over 2016. Consumer tech lives in a true darwinist world. No arbitrary standard of quality rules, only propagation. What people buy is what people are told to buy is what propagates, and people are told to buy cheap crap that screws them over in a way that makes the company more money and rewarded with more animated UI elements.

Absolutely not. I'm just trying to help friend. I don't even use word anymore, but the ribbon was tops.

You know people were fine with using Windows XP until Windows 7 came out eight years after XP came out. Anyone who wasn't fine with that switched to OSX or Linux. (For most people it was OSX.)

FYI, I first heard of Linux in a magazine article that was in my school's library explaining how to switch to it for those who were unsatisfied with Vista.

>can't spend 2 seconds associating the docx files with libreoffice

>having to dig through 5 layers of menus just to get to one function

She sounds like a awesome person, I remember you saying she used to watch anime with you, yes?

Yeah, because old people can do that.
This is not about Sup Forums users being unable to put up with microsofts bullshit. It is about windows being marketed at literal toddlers and retards. microsoft strengthens their monopoly with false advertizing when in reality most old people and illiterates would be way better off with buntu gnome or something instead of paying money to a company that doesn't care about their customers.

>>Yeah, because old people can do that.
Perhaps they could spend 5 seconds looking up their problem on the internet like a normal sane person.

Have you literally never seen a 75 year old using a computer? My mom is not even that old but if you tell her "just look up your problem" she has no idea what to do. Not everyone is as comfortable working with computers as we are.

If someone is using their computer often enough to be flustered by their word processor suddenly becoming disassociated with their file extensions, they should already be capable of typing in four words into google.

>dense_motherfucker.jpg
I know it's hard to empathize with people different than yourself when you're 15 years old, but again, that's not how it works for some people.
>type in google "libreoffice doesnt work"
>page full of results
>now what

Start with the first result perhaps?
Also "libreoffice doesnt work" isn't the problem at all, so it's misleading anyway
At the absolute worst she could reinstall it like she already did when she installed it on windows 7

Didn't know you were back

>Start with the first result perhaps?
>Also "libreoffice doesnt work" isn't the problem at all, so it's misleading anyway
Tell that to my mom, she doesn't even dare try anything when a popup comes up.

well so now windows 10 is obscure enough to be approved by Sup Forums?

Sorry to hear that your mother passed away. Stay strong, sysadmin. You're my favorite tripfag.

What can I say, stupidity runs in the family

My mom' called me from French Guyana because the same stuff happened to her I told her to deal with it because fuckshitfuckmicrosoftshitfuck.

First thing I did on my mom's pc after she bought it was disabling updates

What makes you say that?

>2016
>75 yo woman using a computer every day
>tech illiterate

you're a piece of shit, even if you just intended it as bait, you're subhuman garbage

Ribbon is better than the old menu. In word 2003, I had to remember where should I search for features. In word 2010, I don't need to: I just take a guess where it might be, and it's (almost always) there.
Office 2010 is the pinnacle of MS Office.

>her files wouldn't open
>double click
Because right click and 'open with' is too hard ?

how can you defend Microsoft like that?
is it to trigger people?