/sqt/ Stupid questions thread

what question is she asking Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p3Jkw6e79aQ
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/152265
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Cheapest smartphone that can run maps, pokemon go and has a not shit camera?

preferably chinese, will probably be buying second hand.

Im installing my PC and everything is going fine but im a little confused with the GPU. I put the 8 pin connector in the PSU, and now do i have to put in the 6+2 (the other end of the 8 pin) in the GPU and thats it? Or do i need to put another cable in the 6 pin right next to it?

Its an msi r9 390 by the way

Iphone 6s

So the gpu has one 8 pin connector and one 6 pin? Yes than you need to use your 6+2 cable from the psu for the 8 pin connector and use a 6 pin cable from the psu to connect the other one. It's ok if you use another 6+2 cable for the 6 pin connector.

me on the left

Alright cool so i need to use 2 cables, amd i can leave the 2 pins from the 6+2 hanging like this? It looks wrong

its right though

Thanks

zte warp elite, it's $100 on amazon. Catch is it's carrier locked to boost mobile so I'd check for coverage first. It's basically a moto g with a bigger battery.

I don't want to use youtube anymore, what is a good alternative that won't track you?

Depends on what you use youtube for. If you use it to follow youtubers, then you're out of luck. However, if you want a video hosting site to just post your videos in, there are plenty of alternatives. Vimeo is okay for one.

Yea, it's ok. Looks a bit funny I agree.

How do I get all that telementry shit out of my windows 7?

I looked all over google and even went to reddit to see how. They showed windows updates that my computer doesn't show for some reason(update codes KB2XXXXX,etc.

Can anyone help?
>inb4 install linux

Sadly, sites like dailymotion and vimeo don't have nearly as many videos as youtube does and often youtube is the only site where a specific video is at. Is it possible to browse youtube without them collecting info off me? Is livestreamer good for that?

I've just got a mac and for some reason it doesn't show my 1TB external hard drive. I've got a couple of smaller hard drives and they work fine. Any help?

>Is it possible to browse youtube without them collecting info off me

Yeah, pretty possible. Use something which blocks specific connections like umatrix, a hosts file, ghostery, privacy badger etc. and block google's connections. Also, use an addon for your browser which destroys cookies after you're done using them, so google can't spy on you through that either.

I'll give umatrix a shot. Thanks.

what is this thing with the 3.5" drive?

only use these tools if you know what you are doing.
it will break sites and you should know how to fix it on your own.

it's a computer

seems like it's now a TV stand.

What is a good java api to translate text into various languages?

Since google costs money now I don't want to pay 20$ for the maybe 200 little sentences that I have to translate.

In a Windows Network how do i go about doing this

>Only admin can access everybody's data
>Users can't access admin's data
>Users can share certain folder between them

Should i use windows server? I'm stupid in case anyone was wondering, this is sqt after all

apprentice sysadmin is lurking atm, why not ask him directly?

what about the MS Azure? It's free 2 M words or something not sure

Just installed OpenBSD, and I'm trying to connect to my network, but it just isn't happening.
Wat do?

Whenever I try pinging somebody, I get ping: unknown host.

Got all my parts now
CPU, Cooler, Motherboard, Power and RAM is in
How do I wire this thing?
I dont understand any of this
Trying to get the big power in but the cable feels a bit to short to do it without pulling

depends on the case.
look up youtube guides on how to assemble with your case.

I'm backing up files to an external drive. What file system should I use for it to just werk on Windows and OSX?

btrfs

exfat works on both.

youtube.com/watch?v=p3Jkw6e79aQ
This is like the only assembly video I can find and the "Stealth" bar they call it makes copying by eye rather difficult

Shit guys im scared, my pc randomly started making a loud screeching sound every hour or so for about 2-3 seconds at a time. It just started today and doesnt seem to be related to anything, ive started up some vidya without it making that sound.

What could this be? It sounds like a kettle boiling except a bit lower pitched.

post pictures.

Are you running the power cable from the bottom to the top like this on the backside?
Did you put in the motherboard correctly?

One of your fans is rubbing against something

what distro linux that fits on a cd i use to find out system specs and what commands in terminal i use? I used damn small linux live cd to install lshw, but it doesn't have sudo apt install thingy.

I would expect the sound to occur when I load a bunch of apps or start playing gaymes, how come it doesnt occur then?

Artist

Need help with this.

It would make my day.

set the next cell manually to D37:D60, then select both and drag down, excel should honor your manual increment and use it too.

what is the difference between 7zip version 10 and 16?

>Excel is this user friendly
Take that, freetards

Tried it already and it doesn't work.

This is what I get on the next two cells that way:
=PROMEDIO(D15:D38)
=PROMEDIO(D39:D62)

Is there any chance of this working on a modern version of Excel? I'm using 2007 because it just works and I had the original CD lying around.

Hopefully the mods don't see the cocksucking kek

Got it in now, Dont know how, maybe there was a knot where I couldnt see it
But still what are all the rest of these?
All I know is the USB ports and Fans
Whats that one to the top left? It looks important

Where can I download antox? It doesn't come up in f droid or the play store

So i just installed my pc, and when i press the power button everything lights up and fans start spinning, but my monitor is not getting any signal.

Im sure the hdmi cable works because it does work with my tv.

Also, i tried the reset button but it didnt do anything, fans keep spinning and all.

What do i do?

seems like it's not as easy as I thought.
I don't have excel and can't test it.
Have a look at support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/152265

What's the best hosts file to use on Linux to block ads?

Best GPU I could put in this heap of shit? I'm talking about a Dell Optiplex 390 DT. I'm planning to upgrade to 8GB and actually get a GPU instead of using the integrated GPU.

Also why the fuck do my photos keep turning the wrong way

I suppose you could put in whatever the mobi/psu supported, but that processor will be a huge bottleneck

What is that?
Do I plug something in from my PS?

Yea its there

Thanks that worked!

Thanks, it's a start, but I can't get it to work and I'm getting more and more mad by minutes.

She's asking for sauce

Reposting again, still hoping for reply.

What could prevent certain Pascal/Fortran programs from starting at all under Windows 8.1 N with installed Media Pack?

Said programs start and work just fine under 7 and 10, all three x64, on 8.1 they dont start at all, "start x.exe" under cmd dont even produce a single error message, just nothing happens.

Thank you for replies, like always.

The rotation data is stored in EXIF which Sup Forums removes.

Try moving your RAM from right slots to left ones. I heard that on some new MSI mobos numeration is backwards and system will not work with memory in non-"main" slot.

Oh, forgot about the CPU... I'm on a strict budget, of about 175 USD, I already spent 33 USD on the memory, so which CPU and GPU do you recommend? Also, I don't know anything about the case, but I tried to get a wireless card and the face plate wouldn't fit, so I made my own.
>pic related

let's try something else.
make two new columns (like K and L) next to your formula which holds both row numbers incremented by 24.
this you can create by just dragging down, here your increment will be honored by excel.

then use with INDIRECT like =AVERAGE(INDIRECT("D" & K8 & ":D" & L8))

anyone know a good irc library for c++
im too dumb to write my own with sockets

especially since windows require bit different things compared to linux with sockets

I want to get a server for reasons. I have no idea how things work. Thinking about doing net installs on vms to practice and get used to it. Do I use amd64 architecture?

In the manual it says i have to use the ones im using now. Still try it?

I want to get a server for reasons. I have no idea how things work. Thinking about doing net installs on vms to practice and get used to it. Do I use amd64 architecture

Will do this while following along documentation and man pages.

> Still try it?
Yes. Worst case scenario - it'll still not work.

What is a good website doing reliable benchmarks ?

yes, you want amd64.

I really need to step up my excel game, because I had to copy paste the formula even if I undestand what you're doing.

Works perfectly, not as pretty as doing it with a single formula because of those two columns for increments but way better than doing it manually.

Love you, have a great day.

I'm not a complete tech retard, but my main area is programming.
I'd like to use my old notebook as a home server. I've checked the wiki guide and it's pretty neat, but I think it won't be enough for me, I'd like something more "step by step" to have something pretty secure for me to store my shit, manage torrents, and maybe in the future use as an e-mail server. Do you guys know any good guide about it?
Also, I'm interested in learning more about web and cybersecurity stuff, what books do you guys recommend, and is creating my home server a good starting point?

>teardown
What did he mean by this?

Sauce

Nothing.

I still find it strange that nothing happens when i press the reset button though. I double checked it and put all the headers on the correct pins and its not resetting.

wrong thread maybe, have a look at

he disassembled the phone.

Oh right wtf kek I confused /sqt/ with /spg/

Will do ubuntu for the documentation which I like. Endgame might be debian though, I want things simple.
On the other hand I'd like to try windows servers too, just to see what's really different, but which one would you rec?

Got myself Android pay from apkmirror since i can't get it through the store. I'm at the step where I'm to add a credit card. Can I do this safely without worrying that apkmirror has messed with the apk I've installed?

Don't dew it, john!

windows servers aren't free, so you can't just pick one and install it.
the different versions are about hardware limitations, how many cpus you can use etc.
all of them come with IIS and some web functions, but the bigger players like sql server or exchange are a separate product again.

Bump for help. Pc turns on, but no display on monitor.

Also, only hooked up my optical drive and ssd for now, because i only have 2 sata data cables and i only want to install windows for now and then take the sata cables from the optical drive and put it in my hard drive. Could it be that thats causing the problem?

Try it without the case and drives.

I should do it, shouldn't I?

I'll report back or create a new thread if they fuck my shit up.

Why that? I dont wanna take it out of the case.

Wokada, check gelbooru.

To eliminate any short circuits it may be causing.

I just played a little CS:GO and I started getting artifacts all over the screen so I exited, restarted, updated video drivers, updated other drivers, checked Windows Update, ran Windows Defender, shut down, restarted, shut down, restarted, etc. and everything still looks like pic related. I'm running Windows 10 64-bit on a Sager NP8230 (Clevo P151SM1).

pls halp

Your GPU is either Kill or having problems with W10.

user, connect the HDMI cable to the motherboard and try to use the IGPU.

Running a Windows batch script that ssh's via OpenSSH with this line;

ssh name@host -pw password -m ./penis

Now, the question I have, is if I were to ssh and
do this on several hosts, say five, if the
second ssh fails, will it still try the others or
should the script give up after that?

If I wanted to add my own powered sub woofer to this system, how would I do it? Where is the amplification done? Is it all happening in the sub or do the satellites have their own amps inside them?

Tried that, still nothing.
The cable is an old hdmi cable i used for a tv though. But it still works. Could it be that my system is not recognizing the cable or something? I dont have a dvi cable laying around.

Try it out on some VM's

>desktop browser in phonr
>pleb public torrent tracker
stupid indeed

>Is it all happening in the sub

In most cases

No POST sounds?