youtube.com/watch?v=-csXdj4WVwA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WXLxOki9wfM
github.com/crystalline/squishy-bodies/blob/master/demo_truss.html
github.com/tj
brendaneich.com/2008/04/popularity/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

agreed, bro.

after doing some html i realized that the programming industry and all are that are not even in my league, how simple i found programming in html. no wonder you have mindless indians taking every programming job, even my dog can program, no wonder girls are taking up coding, heh and people on here try to make programming sophisticated when all it is, is hello world done.

dude I programmed my own waifu in html and she fucks like a good bitch.

had a good laugh, thank you OP

Is this the cringe thread?
youtube.com/watch?v=WXLxOki9wfM

very dumbed-down video

shame 'cause I learned about the Ackermann's function from this guy.

Fuck you're triggering my coldfusion PTSD.

The whole "Simpler is better" philosophy is stubborn. If you want to KISS then whatever. Just because C/C++ is ambiguous doesn't necessarily make it bad. Personally I stick with Shell and Python because they are simple and work for me but to say that they are superior to C/C++ is just completely ridiculous because C/C++ are more versatile and work excellent along side Python.

What the fuck, computerfile. Literally, what the fuck. HTML is not a programming language, it's a markup language. Now non-programmers are going to talk even more about the "HMTL programming language" thanks to them. Fuuck

I stopped ar "C will not tolerate your mistakes". That's why the programming industry is full of fucking retards that don't know to write code.

You learn by making mistakes and correcting those mistakes.

>no wonder girls are taking up coding

I need to tell my stepmom that she wasted her career on shit like Cobol, and C/C++, when she could have used HTML instead. Of course HTML, or C++ for that matter (C was still new and not yet spread outside of AT&T Bell Labs at that time), didn't exist back when she got into the field.

>C fags will defend this

HTML won.

You're an idiot

Why?

I wrote a physics simulator in HTML5. I doubt even 5% of Sup Forums posters could write the same thing in C or any language of their choice.

The best technology should work like magic.

If you are mediocre you learn one shitty old tool (C) and cling to it till retirement. If you are brighter, you try to evolve our computing, conjuring new expressive languages like python, scheme or JS in the process.
It is undeniable fact that modern dynamic functional OO languages considerably increase developer efficiency.

impressive, did you share the source?

You have to be 18 or older to use this site kid.

Pretty funny trying to compare a markup-web language to a computer/system-based language

Yes, I cleaned the code and pushed it to github. Search for squishy-bodies on github to find it, if you like it - star it, stars are cool.

I implemented all physics, 3d linear algebra and 3d->2d rendering myself, from scratch.

I wouldn't dare star such ugly-ass code.

>I wrote a physics simulator in javascript
ftfy

HTML is a good first language aye?

>Implying you have read it
doubt it

I mean, why are you in a HTML/C thread when your HTML looks like this?

github.com/crystalline/squishy-bodies/blob/master/demo_truss.html

I have also implemented a c.elegans-like worm model on top of my simulator. It uses nothing but simulated muscles to propel itself (there is zero animation, the behavior results from physics).

Just to show you what's possible with HTML5/JS.

>comes to bag about what he allegedly wrote
>doesn't know what language he wrote it in
>may infact be female
>probably female

I could copypaste all the JS code into this file wo that it would be self-contained, it wouldn't change anything. JS is de-facto part of HTML5 standard, so it seems fair to me to compare it with native (C-based) apps.

>Just to show you what's possible with HTML5/JS.
Nobody is saying that it's impossible, retard. It's just pointless. People have written operating systems in JavaScript, your physic simulation is neither ground-breaking nor interesting.

>used someone elses libraries and code

Nice job being an API monkey, congrats. You probably don't even understand the physics behind it and just called "physicsOn()"

kill yourself.

>your physic simulation is neither ground-breaking nor interesting.
I agree, I have seen much more involved simulators.

This is mostly intended as a counterexample to le JS is bad/дy JS coders can't code anything memes.

JS is cool language with a very fast compiler, and it comes with built in networked graphical environment. Deal with it.

You are free to read the source and see for yourself, user (^:

>JS is cool language with a very fast compiler
It's time to stop.

>JS is de-facto part of HTML5 standard
false
html is html, css is css, javascript is javascript, there is no overlap, you're fucking retarded.

>HTML5

>HTML5/JS

>JS

can you calm down lad.

go watch the other html videos in the series, that guy knows what he's talking about

>see github projects
>tfw I will never get this good
Thanks for some +1 on my depression, my best project is a Sup Forums scraper in python with 150 lines of code and I have 2 years of programming experience.

V8 is the most advanced compiler for dynamic language ever written (no, luajit is a bit slower). It's a fact.
JS is a descendant of scheme (with Java syntax slapped on it), so it has full support for functional programming. That's why it's cool.

>>de-facto

>tfw I will never get this good
It's not good. You just can't see that because you're shit yourself.

> I have 2 years of programming experience.
No. You have one 150 line project of experience. You're giving yourself way to much credit.

can you put it in the gh-pages branch so I don't have to download it and test it online

I'm lazy

>JS is a descendant of scheme (with Java syntax slapped on it), so it has full support for functional programming. That's why it's cool.
IT'S TIME TO STOP.

Are you a non-native English speaker? Because your subtle misuse of words is making you look retarded.

True, actually I just had a first programming lessons on a first year of college 3 years ago, and then it started to get beyond the basics around 2 years ago. I get incredibly intimidated by everything code related.

So let me get this straight.
The OP created a physics simulation program in JS (using someone else's libraries) and is now using that as a basis for saying that HTML (which isn't even a programming language) > C.

>>de-facto
De facto (/dᵻ ˈfæktoʊ/, /deJ-/, Latin: [deː ˈfaktoː]) is a Latin expression that means "in fact, in reality, in actual existence, force, or possession, as a matter of fact" (literally "of fact").

>(you looked at my github)
I know that feel, I experience something like this when I see his github: github.com/tj

>ywn have a 1000 stars

It's possible to generate some unique projects, but market them to the community to get 100-1000 stars is another level.

There is this insane power-law fame distribution even in open-source software.

I think if you approach this problem seriously (contribute to famous projects, find cool project ideas, market them) you can surpass myself, user.

no, anons like you read comments and believe them without any proof while ignoring the comments that link directly to the source code where you can read it yourself and see its not using a library.

brendaneich.com/2008/04/popularity/
>As I’ve often said, and as others at Netscape can confirm, I was recruited to Netscape with the promise of “doing Scheme”
>I’m not proud, but I’m happy that I chose Scheme-ish first-class functions and Self-ish (albeit singular) prototypes as the main ingredients. The Java influences, especially y2k Date bugs but also the primitive vs. object distinction (e.g., string vs. String), were unfortunate.

Hello, world!

Your physics simulation is many times more limited and efficient than it would be if done with anything else
Your simulation has compatibility issues with different browsers
Your simulation will accumulate bugs as browsers change

Other languages do not have these problems to the same degree

HTML/JS is not even the easiest shit to use. Doing things in it is a badge of pride because of how convoluted it can be.

You see Ivan, being influenced by something does *not* make it a decedent of that thing.

>Your simulation has compatibility issues with different browsers
how so?
>HTML/JS is not even the easiest shit to use.
Seems like the easiest if you want maximum portability without writing a lot of code

Can we now have a fight between XHTML5 (stronger and better HTML :DD) and Brainfuck?

I'm not the OP.
>created a physics simulation program in JS
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is true

My main theses are:

1) HTML5/JS is a powerful platform that delivers applications to billions of people around the world, it runs on billions of devices.
2) Javascript is a descendant of Scheme and Self, so it is pretty cool language, especially if you forgive it its small defects.
3) Fastest compilers/runtimes ever written for a dynamic languages were written for JS: V8, Chakra, Spidermonkey, Javascriptcore. JS is the fastest dynamic functional language in the world.

>Implying C is bad
C is good tool for doing its job (I know it and use it sometimes), but denying that JS lets you prototype and develop several times faster is stupid.

If you can't write your simulation in SASS you know nothing Jon Snow.

How much experience do you have and what degree (ok, CS 99%)?

>how so?

Standards change, not all browsers stay up to date. Some browsers implement experimental standards and you don't know that they're experimental.

>Seems like the easiest if you want maximum portability without writing a lot of code
It's only as portable as the browser, which probably won't have the "fastest runtime" most of the time because of all the non-runtime baggage that influences which browser is gud

>Your physics simulation is many times more limited and efficient than it would be if done with anything else
My smaller benchmarks show that there is just ~4x difference between unoptimized JS/V8 and unoptimized C++/gcc -O3.
When I need 100% performance I can use asm.js or write a C++ module (if I'm on node).

>Your simulation has compatibility issues with different browsers
I haven't noticed that. Should run on any HTML5-compliant one.

>HTML/JS is not even the easiest shit to use.
It is. Have you ever tried writing a graphical program in C/C++? I have.

Programs in JS tend to have 3-4x less code than equivalent C++ programs due to higher order functions and dynamism. Seriously, if you value your time you should use a dynamic functional language at least for prototypes.

Before V8 all mainstream functional dynamic languages were 50x slower than C, so you wouldn't be able to use them to write a physics sim or other relatively compute-heavy applications. V8 with its mere 4x slowdown changed this, now you don't need C to solve most problems.

>what degree
Some university (physics), no degree (yet, maybe I'll gb2 school later).

>How much experience do you have
~9 years of programming, I'm doing it since I was 14 y.o.
I started with electronics and hardware (AVR assmmbly) but then moved to higher level software. Having worked as a software dev I noticed that knowing both high level and low level programming is pretty unusual. I think both kinds of knowledge are important.

One of my dreams is creating a
>robot GF

Also I think that best technology should feel like magic. The best programming experience would be just telling the machine what to do in natural language and seeing it execute your order. That's a pretty bold vision, but we already move in this direction with our dynamic functional languages and some natural language processing systems.

To make computing great again we need to surpass C.

What the fuck is this retarded old faggot on about?

>Declarative vs imperative programming

Come on, Sup Forums

wow this guy has no clue, i wont even start to point out on how many levels he is wrong.
but the best thing of all is the "html interpretor" aka. firefox hes using, guess what its programmed in C.
so how the hell can HTML beat C if it wont even exist w/out such a high level language that is required to program a decent interpreter...

pure autism.
>how can anyone justify using anything other than assembly since all languages are derived from it?

yes that is exactly the point, you should not compare things that depend on each other.

the thing is that HTML requires to be interpreted by other programs, and each of them must be super smart about the syntax to allow HTML to be "error tolerant".
HTML by itself is worth nothing, its a markup language and its not even good at that (not that CSS is any better rofl).

but yeah i guess you just want to rustle my jimmies, so post you next blowback quote.

I know nothing about computing but you guys seem super mad for some reason

so I came here to mention my degree in "Physics and Computational Science" that involved me taking a semester of Python and some MATLAB

I like Python it's pretty

It's sad to break your illusion, but x86-64 assembly is being interpreted at runtime by internal uOP compiler as well. Assembly isn't the rock bottom.

This. Python is de-facto standard for scientific computing nowadays.

oh shit, he thought assembly was the same as machine code. Someone just got dunked on.

I dare you to find me a module with a funnier name than NumPy. Assuming you pronounce it "numpy" like lumpy

why drive a sports car when you can drink water from a cup? Suck it, C fags!

That's what you sound like, op, that's how incoherent your argument is.