Did you fall for the glossy screen meme?

Did you fall for the glossy screen meme?

Glossy screens are fuckin aids, can't believe people still use those screens.

>he fell for the matte meme
absolutely pathetic. it's like you're not even trying.

Glossy screens are better. Only reason I've got a matte screen on my laptop is because it's a touchscreen

I don't know if the screens are the same and it's just the lighting but the one on the left looks way better

>looks better

Glossy screens have "more contrast" and allow for brighter screens (as if screens haven't been nuclear bright by the time "shiny" arrived).

This "looks better" in a showroom or in passing, because people like shiny things. So they sell better.

But I'm sick of fucking shiny screens, because the only time they actually work better is when it's dark in the room with barely any light.

i.e., it's actually better for basement dwelling neets, and attractive to the morons, but people who actually work in places with lights in the room or sunlight streaming in from a window always have to adjust the tilt to get rid of glare. This tilt is usually badly out-of-square with the user's eyes.

Glossy screen are fucking shit, they're way too reflective and only shine in really dark environments. Matte screens may not have as good of a color reproduction level in comparison to gloss but it's still good and has very little reflection.

Matte >>>>>> Gloss

You can apply matte filters on glossy screens but not vice versa. Therefore glossy is objectively better.

tards

Why would I need to read empty space?

Are you blind or also looking at that pic on a matte screen?

Sup Forums's whole pretending to be retarded thing is getting really old

Every glossy screen I've used was absolutely annoying. Reflections out the ass, almost impossible to we what's on screen at some points.

I find it dumb how Laptops, designed to be portable, use glossy screens whereas TVs and Monitors, which are always going to be indoors, use matte. It should really be the other way round.

>his tv doesn't have a glossy display

My Panasonic Plasma is glossy tho, and so was every CRT i've ever used

Because a CRT is literally glass ya dingus

>Sup Forums pretending to be retarded.
M8, they ain't pretending.

I have a matte MBP. Not sure what I'm going to update to next.

>pretending

where do you think we are

>apply matte filter to my tablet
>touch sensitivity dramatically drops

I like glossy screens better, by a lot. Better contrast, reflexions are just as annoying on matte screens and I simply think glossy screens look more aesthetic. I never had any problems with it. If there are reflexions on the screen, I just move the laptop a bit and they are gone. It's not that difficult in case you are not retarded.

why would this matter? if it's light out, maybe you fags should go outside. smdh

isnt glossy better for high lightning areas and matte for low?

I used a matte screen laptop for 5 years and a glossy for the last 4 years. I prefer the glossy, but I rarely use it anywhere that light reflections are a problem.

It's pretty stupid to suggest one is ultimately better than the other. It all depends on use and personal preference.

This is Sup Forums though; you inbred children will argue about anything.

no

I love them. I'll never buy a screen without at least semi-gloss. Colors just look so much better. Matte screens look washed out to me.