I just bought the msi r9 380 armor 2x 4gb, when ever I boot my pc, it starts for like a minisecond than stops...

I just bought the msi r9 380 armor 2x 4gb, when ever I boot my pc, it starts for like a minisecond than stops. My psu is 600w and i had my pc for a year and half. Downloaded drivers

Lol amd

check its seated properly, reset bios and everything on the bored. make sure nothing is touching the case. like open wires etc.

>amd

found the problem!

Check that pci-e power cables to the GPU isn't loose.

Pretty sure this is what happens when you don't plug in the PCI-E connectors to any graphics card that requires them and try to boot up.

what these guys said, if you didnt even plug in your pci-e cables my god why do you even compute.

I have no idea why, but you gave me a small semi audible chuckle.

go through what can go wrong

first remove the card and check and see if the PC boots just using on board video

then check the seating in the PCI slot, the power cables (both the connection on the card and, if you have modular PSU, on the PSU itself), the video connectors.

then you start checking individual components

>minisecond

well it is an amd user.

>AMD

You guys have already hit your maximum for rupee deposits today, plus I'm pretty sure it's like 3 AM in Delhi. You can go to bed now.

I connected themDo you think I'm that retarded? It isn't my first time jesus

>3 AM in Delhi
>AMDelhi

being a shill is a 24h job, user. there ain't no rest for the wicked.

Post pictures of your card installed

ok w8

Could you possibly have taken less informative pictures that leave out the most critical ports being connected or not? If the power cables aren't connected we WILL screencap this thread, faggot.

Dude i checked everything is right I even took all pieces out and put them back on I've already installed a gtx 970 for a friend

Did you OC it?

It's very rare but I've seen cards that will only show the bios on one random video port, and will only show the os on another random video port. Check every single one and wait for when your is should have booted. If this doesn't work and the power cables are connected (if they're not I will set my house on fire) then RMA the card.

I booted my computer normally when I putted my pci e connector it stopped working all of a sudden

I put my pci e connector in the second slot and it did a beep sound and got a bit hot but the fans aren't working neither the image on my monitor

Check your uninterruptible power supply. You do have one right?

wait wait wait

you booted it

THEN

put the connector in?

you fucking idiot.

OMFG MY GPU DID A POP SOUND AND CAME ON FIRE WTF IS HAPPENING THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I USE IT

If I put the first connector it stops working like a psu over wattage ( idk the term )

no no no no

when you first tried this you put one connector in, powered it on, then put the second one in?

you likely shorted the card plugging it in while it was actively supplying power

>amd users

>manipulating live connectors inside a computer
You can't make this shit up

you killed it

so what? i did this with my card and it's working fine.
that's not the problem

Through eBay I got a HD 7850 for free (refund) as I ordered a 750ti and got told I can keep it. should I sell it and buy a different card or keep it and use it?

How can you be this retarded?

Just RMA and let MSI pay for your fuckup like you dumbasses always do.

>Console user

>make sure its seated properly
lmao what the fuck are u saying, "seated properly"?
how about you suggest he checks if the seatbelts is on ?

bios battery is dead bro also make sure you have the lastest bios for your motherboard.

Sup Forums you should know this for f*cks sake

OP you fried the card, even niggers know better than to do what you did with the pci-e connector

>MSI
AHAHAHHAHA
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
Suits you right .

Why? Armor 2X?
Wtf, the only good R9 380 is Nitro.

Everyone is this thread is retarded. Boot up with your monitor plugged into the on board graphics(not the one you just fucking bought). Go into the BIOS, set PCIE as primary video device/video first device. Then plug the monitor into the 380.

Oh yeah remember to save the setting and reboot before you plug the monitor into the 380 you fucking retard.

Have had the Twin Frozr version of the 380 since last July with no issues. Stay cucked.

Overclock?

I have this same card. No problems. Check that it's seated properly

My MSI 760 is one of the few parts that didn't fuck my shit up at some point or another. Maybe I just got lucky?

This.

do you have an apu? if so try booting without gpu installed.

I hate MSI. Had issues with a few of their shit in the past.

Get Sapphire or Gigabyte.

hahahahaahahahahah. nigga, that shit ain't hot swappable.

Both are kinda dated.... why not get something newer?

This. NEVER MENTION HOW YOU TRIED TO PLUG IT IN WHILE IT IS ON or they will blame you and not replace it for free.

Jesus mother of fuck, could you be any more AMD?

Can someone explain what happens if you plug the gpu if your pc is running, genuinely interested?

Are you fucking retarded?

should have wait for polaris.

I have msi factory oc 760s (4gb) in sli, they work wonderfully and I've had them for 3 or 4 years now

>Do you think I'm that retarded?
Yes, yes we do.
If you ask anonymous posters on the internet on how to diagnose your computer's issue(s), your about to get a loo full of shitposts.
Now just disassemble and reassemble your gayminputer properly and hope for the best. Also specs would help a lot, pictures of your rig, drivers installed, bios/uefi settings and version installed will allow this process to go quicker.
inb4 falseflag amd hate thread and i fell for the bait

>AMD
>600 wattts
>downloaded drivers
Confirmed for bait thread.

>this nigger

I'm on a budget and don't need much more power than they give

>buys a 380 literally days before polaris launch

lmao why are people so fucking out of the loop?

>just bought
>polaris is this week
are you fucking retarded

back to Sup Forums nvidiots

Stop fucking posting this and fuck OFF

I've only posted this once?