Virtual Desktops

How much do you use virtual desktops? Do they help your workflow a lot?

Other urls found in this thread:

supertuxkart.sourceforge.net
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>windows10fag

I use them the same as I do on Linux. One for web shit and one for work. i wish there were more hot key options in windows 10 for them. i would like to set it up similar to how i have my i3 setup

Virtual desktops in Windows 10 is the only feature I genuinely like.

i prefer i3

In Windows I don't use them at all, because frankly Windows 10's hotkeys are shit and make them inconvenient to use.

On my laptop running Fedora with Plasma 5.6 I use them all the time.

Memory compression.

Every time I create a new desktop, it has the same set of shortcuts and folders that were on the main desktop, why?

Desu.

lol Linux has had zram for like 100 years

Now where's the native games?

supertuxkart.sourceforge.net

Never used them; I don't really see the point.

Only when shitty game crashed terribly and the only way to access task manager was to open it in new desktop

I use virtual desktops often. One for the web/games, and another for development. It helps to keep my dev environment uncluttered.

Comes in handy sometimes.

Now I see how that could be useful. Does that work if the game is maxing the CPU after crashing?

sick intro to the game, there's a gnu playing a flute

Did he died?

Not at all. Its unnecessary and the only reason people here use them is because windows didn't have it, and desperate freefags look for any reason to cling to their sad excuse of a desktop shell

i'm using dexpot, and while it's great most of the time, during periods of high ram usage programs will jump desktops. it's super annoying.

because it's a workspace, not the actual desktop, duh

this game is so weirdly fucked up it's actually fun

Is that the Gnu & Tux car game with a dark storyline about the pharmaceutical industry and the US government manufacturing an AIDS drug shortage in Africa?

But who needs virtual desktops when you can have 23 monitors?

But who needs 23 monitors when you can have infinite virtual desktops?