CPU Thread

What's the best cpu of all time, Sup Forums?

Personally, Phenom II x4 955&i5-2500K are my favourites.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zilog_Z80
ark.intel.com/m/products/84685/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E7-8890-v3-45M-Cache-2_50-GHz#@product/specifications
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Q6600

I7 870

These 3 were always top bang for buck and had fantastic longevity (with 2500K arguably not yet obsolete).

Pentium 4 Willamette

DEC Alpha

PROTIP: if you say anything by Intel, you're a tech illiterate.

Obviously Itanium

Athlon 64

Why not 9400?

Signed.

/thread

Why not q9650?

Why not QX9775?

i7 870 still going strong

The 33Mhz 68040 in a 6 processor Quadra 950. Ripped the sh*t...

AMD 860k.

Because even when you're a poorfag AMD still got your back.

>sh*t

Are you 12 or just fucking retarded?

sh*t your piehole

Confirmed for fucking retarded.

ur m*m is fucking retarded.

The AMD x4 860k is pretty solid most of the time, but would require water cooling for heavy loads. So far this is the best cpu I've used.

I'm still rocking a Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition OC'd to 4.0 GHz. Using EVGA's stock 980 I get pretty average performance (Around 60-50 on Dark Souls 3 on High). I really need to jump to Intel at some point.

First Post Best Post

>Not the superior 920
Enjoy your double channel ram and no 6-core upgrade path

>Phenom II x4 955
Mah nigga. Still working quite happily with my 840.

Enjoy your $500 replacement motherboard

UltraSPARC III cu, fast as shit

> Pentium 4

Pentium D 840, that mini space heater kept me warm during the winter of 06'

I have an Intel Core i7-3930K. Did I do good?

did you OC it past 4.5ghz?

Q9550

not yet.

>yfw I got an Asus P6T and an i7-960 for $160

>mfw I got my i7 870 and a Gigabyte p55a ud3r usb3 for 100 aud
>mfw it's been running at a stable 4.17ghz for the past 3 years

phenom ii x6 1090t black edition

IBM PowerPC 970MP

I did now

>those sweet G5 memories

>tfw mine stopped working the other day
I've got some spare CPUs, still gotta try swapping them

athlon x2.

Give that machine some love. Those beast do nice systems free from Intel ME domination.

>wife's credit union is going through their hardware cycle.
>selling desktop computers.
>Hp 8200 SFF Business Desktops
>Get home, I7 2600
>$50.
>Only bought one, should have grabbed more.

xeon e5450

Still actually useful after nearly 10 years with good bench performance

Will do, if all else fails I finally have an excuse to pick up a G5 quad

Mein fellow poorfriend.

any core 2 quad

the Athlon X4.

Zilog Z80

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zilog_Z80

Most CPUs that came after were fluff.

Xeon e5450

Athlon XP Thoroughbred 2600+

Fucking murdered Intel.

ark.intel.com/m/products/84685/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E7-8890-v3-45M-Cache-2_50-GHz#@product/specifications

obviously the i5-2500k

that beast is famous for its overclock-potential

also, released in quartal 1 of 2011 and still a solid CPU that can handle all games you throw at it (probably for many years to come)

in fact, there's not even an actual reason to overclock it

>natural selection 2 and games which are CPU bound for core clock speed.

>Phenom II x4 955

I have it with Radeon HD 7870 and 8GB RAM. Still kicks ass.

Phenom II 960T

It was a hexacore that was sold as a quad, but could be unlocked in bios. I still have one that's collecting dust in a closet.

This thing changed everything.

What's the smart buy today, last gen Xeons still?

would i be lucky if i found a 2500k in one of my two old pcs laying around?

>no E8400
>trash thread

I never even had one, it's just common sense

>Not superior Barton with 512KB L2

top pleb

and compared with the Celeron for the same price that the poorfags could barely afford? A Pentium 4 C at 2.6Ghz wipes the floor with it.

The Athlon XP was a wonder price-performance, but the real deal that "murdered" Intel was the Athlon 64.

/thread

>2500k
the first time intel decided on fucking it customers by locking their product down, forcing you to pay 20% more just for 1-5% overclocking potential

>best cpu of all time
kill yourself you worthless sackof shit. stupid fucks like you are the reason the market has become a stagnant cashcow milking consumers without any actual performance increases for half a decade now.

No, AMD is the reason the market has become a stagnant cashcow etc

Mein freund you are awesome. I really want to build a decent second AMD rig, currently rocking a pentium g3258 @ 4.8Ghz with an R9 390 (bottleneck lol) but i will upgrade to ZEN when it releases.

the modified Pentium III created by part of the joint project X2000
(didn't find the official designation, they just call Pentium III in most of the papers)

550MZ of pure speed, with deep space radiation shielding & EMP resistance, a 0.35-micron manufacturing process, an undisclosed number of addition cores for sub-processes, and more software support than any CPU in recorded history (fully comparable with prior Pentium III instruction), all with a continued active support plan of 40 years by NASA and the DoD for advanced and future critical needs.

it is the new* standard of shit got to keep working forever regardless of nuclear war or alien invasion

*1998 at time of announcement with scheduled release date sometime in 2001

>daily reminder that the eight core Zen-meme will only be as good as the six-core i7-6850K in multi-threading at best
>a six core Zen will probably be the same as a i7-6700K in multi-threaded
>neither will match up to a two-year old Haswell in single-threaded
>but muh moar coarz
Anyone who falls for the waiting meme is retarded.

If you want Zen to fail then you must enjoy being cucked by Intel. Market stagnation is bad for everyone except Intel themselves.

>wanting Zen to fail
>telling what CPU designers have been speculating since March
Zen will only fail if they charge $500+ for the full Summit Ridge SKU and $200+ for the motherboards.
But no one is expecting the eight-core Zen to beat their Broadwell-E or Haswell-E equivalent in either single-threaded or multi-threaded performance. Even with the IPC catch-up, they still can't best Haswell.

Phenom II X6 1090T.

Still a decent CPU in 2016. Was using one until recently when I upgraded to Memelake.

I have a question;

Does anyone know where one can pick up Skylake Xeon V5's in the US and UK?

What if I work for Intel? :^)

Best: whichever one I bought.
Worst: whichever one you bought (unless it's the same as mine in which case - my nigga)

>using the smiley with a carat nose

:^)

Got mine on air cooling at 3.7ghz and its dominating total war warhammer. Such a beautiful beast.

What temp range under load should I be looking at to keep it alive for at least 1 more year?

It's "carrot" you fucking idiot

I had a Q6600, sold it and got a FX 6300 right away, never regret it, served me many years.

I can't fucking believe someone who was completely right also managed to be the first reply.

Market stagnation sucks if you work for Intel since they'd have less reason to keep you employed if they don't have anybody to compete with. What purpose do you serve if they don't have to work as hard to be at the top?

They could just cut back hard on everything and keep raking it in.

What if I'm on the board? :^)