Is 18+ GB RAM a meme?

Is 18+ GB RAM a meme?

Yes

Nigga just wondering, are you SOL INVICTUS or just aspire to be like them?

[spoiler]The first time people were remembered for tripcodes outside of furry desktop threads.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]There are no spoilers on Sup Forums[/spoiler]

Cute tomato is a girl.

Not if you're doing CGI rendering.

Go for it.
Ideal is more memory with the less amount of sticks with the most supported channels with high frequency but low latency.

Yeah

Mods auto banned my old name

If you have to ask, it's a meme.

For me it's not a meme.

What do you use it for?

bedposting machine

I have 16gb of RAM exclusively for big data crunching.

I have 16GiB RAM and I use it exclusively for shitposting. I need to access my reaction image folder at 9001MB/s.

Oh, like boipussy or femdick girl?
Gtfo back to Tumblr.

My DDR3 at 1866MHz has a 29000MB/s bandwidth...

>windows 10
>windows 10 home edition
>i3
>integrated graphics
>pleb monitors
>retarded resolutions
>weird ass HDD combination
kill yourself

these threads annoy me because not one fit size fits all
if you did anything other than play your stupid computer games you would probably use 16gb of ram

don't forget
>Realtek HD audio

Yeah, my i3 has a memory badwidth of 34 GB/s. It's called overhead, a RAM disk won't get the full RAM bandwidth, test yourself.

I have, mine get about 26GB/s with a RAM drive.
That's only a Windows thing buddy.

Rude.

Cool, 9000 MB/s is more than enough for me quite honestly.

Because everyone is a Sup Forums gamer kiddie like you. I got this shitbox for next to nothing, so beggars can't be choosers.

What's wrong with onboard tho? Most people can't hear the difference nor have the equipment to notice the difference.

True, but bass and high frequency reproduction is crap, but as you said, with some computer sound system with a cheapo sub you won't notice the difference.

Would you prefer sound blaster live?

No, cards like Audigy 2 ZS with new opamps and caps are pretty good tho, if you really want the best. New Creative cards are shit, USB DAC's consume CPU cycles and introduce latency.

Don't worry. The king is here. I have the fixed Speccy.

I got 32 gb as well
>building first computer November 2012 before ram factory fires
>going to get 16gb of corsair ram for $100
>black Friday deal for 32gb of g skill ram for $105
>get it
Did some memtests 2 months ago because my computer was shitting the bed. Narrowed it down to 2 of the sticks. Running in 16gb of ram right now and too lazy to do something about the other two.

Wait what... 2012? And you bought 32GB??? Da fook you doing big boi? That amount should be no more than 16GB at that time.

Not if you use chrome.

If do know how to use 18 GiB of RAM, then no

Virtual machines and ram disk.
Our just use chrome.

I was like "wow ram disks" then I realized they were a pain in the ass

What pain in the ass? I've had no issues so far... Then again the year is 2016 and I have DDR4 with Skylake

>memelake

good, hopefully they get this one after I report it enough

I've been thinking about going up to 192gb of ram and seeing about running my OS off of a ram disk.

Why? E-peen of course.

don't u get tired of making the same threads

>not going up in increments of 2^x

Just filter those faggots. We user here

>pepe posting
>wojak posting
>tripcode posting
>calling technologies a meme
It's like Sup Forums is a meme now.

Maybe.

>mods auto banned my old name

Fuck, tripfags will never learn.

>on a laptop

any particular reason why?

>kde

fix your font rendering

Because I could. Figured it's the max the machine will take, why not put that in it.
Bestde
No, it's a terminal, it's fine.

>No, it's a terminal, it's fine.
It's not just your terminal

It's fine, you're just being autistic.

Complete opposite
I'm an orchestral composer and my sample libraries are huge, I'm considering getting 32gb instead of just 16gb. I can easily use 12gb very fast

Anything more than what you need is a meme.

I have 32 GB of ram and I make sure to use all of it. I go out of my way to ensure 30+ GB are used at all times, unused ram is wasted ram.

I have all common applications of mine on a ram disk (web browsers, image editors, other software, my app data etc). Sure, every time I reboot I will have to repopulate the ram disk, but it's fast and I dont reboot that often.

It also mirrors changes happening on the ram disk to a dedicated ssd which is used for reloading and saving the ram disk on shutdown or startup. In the event that my PC crashes I loose everything not yet mirrored, or the backup corrupts, but that is where automatic version in comes in.

In reality all my actual work files are safe on a regular disk, think of it as the toolbox residing on the ram disk and all the work sitting on regular storage. It also copies large projects I'm working on to ram disk for faster access etc.

It's really nice, a bit finicky to set up and get going, but once you configure it properly it requires zero user intervention. If I have a large dataset or dB, I can right click and say "push to ram disk" and work from there, after shutting down the file is automatically backed up and once that's done it gets committed to the regular disk.

I thought I would have lots of corrupt files and crashing etc, but it works really well. Most my problems came from user error initially.

I might get 64 GB soon. Loading a huge minecraft world, just as an example, is so fast you never ever see chunks loafing in, ever.

>the year is 2016
God, how I wish I was in the current year like you!...

I bought 8GB ram about 6 years old. At the time it seemed spacious without being extravagant. It's starting to feel a bit cramped now, but I see no urgent need to upgrade.

For any normal person, 8gb is fine, 16gb is probably overkill. But I'd still reccommend 16gb over 8gb. 8gb feels too 2012 now.

Same, 8GB was like woah I can open everything back then, but now I constantly see 7.89/8GB used.

4GB for pure social network shitposting machine.
8GB for gaymen and general productivity.
16GB for advanced productivity work with videos and large images.
32GB+ for high-end video production, rendering, virtual machines, minecraft, etc.

it's a nice feeling knowing that you rarely have to close browsers with a million tabs

I upgraded to 16GB from 8GB for data analyses. My base data set in R is just 5GB and Windows 10 is bloated as fuck.

Use LTSB 2015 N

Nah, gonna migrate to Linux.

Stop samefagging, nobody cares about your celebrity status on a Taiwanese wooden clocks blog