Proprietary and spyware mobile OSs will never look this good and be this useful

>Proprietary and spyware mobile OSs will never look this good and be this useful

such a pity that it has nearly no (useful) apps

If the camera is good and it has a good podcast client, I may just buy one.

What's the best resource monitor for Android where i can see usage of RAM for every app?

The phone is Meizu 5 Pro, so you can check the pictures from the review of the Android version. The standard podcast pap is podbird.

Looks like shit

iOS looks just as good if not better

>mobile
>useful
Oxymoron alert

The one I tried in a store lagged like hell. Was a BQ Ubuntu phone. The 5 inch one I think.

What is lag? Baby don't lag me, don't lag me. No more.

Dat lag

How is it op?

The camera is okay and the quality of images depends on the model and it got a great podcast client

The only way this has a chance is if they can port it to basically any device and have people be able to install it easily (best if it came with a grub like bootmanager so that I can install it alongside Android)

Actualy honestly kind of a letdown.
I was expecting it would be using apt for updating everything and so avoid user dependency on the manufacturer making updated system images for upgrades, but the system updates through one method, while installing regular linux packages happens through apt.
As a result, using apt tends to break things.
It's on 15.10 now, so maybe it gets a port of 16.04 with its snap packages, that could change.
Another assumption I had is that the browser would be Firefox ( or a derivative), but it seems to be something they're building from the ground up and as a result doesn't have support for FF's addons and what's particularly baffling for a mobile browser - storing logins.
The terminal is great though and it's not like you can have bash on an Android phone, so despite all the downsides, it seems like the only good phone available anyway.

This phone has Samsung's top shelf Exynos cpu and 3GB of RAM and considering how it manages to stutter, I imagine those older phones run like absolute ass.

If only they hid it behind animations that only made the process take longer.

That actually looks cool. What is the source?

Looks shitty

>writing command prompts on a phone

If it was the Windows command prompt, I'd agree with you.

oh look another iOS ripoff

The only phone OS that wasnt trying to copy apple was WP and its dead now. Good job guise

>OS that gives you sudo privileges out of the box is an 'iOS ripoff'

They need to find a way to support android apps otherwise its dead

He doesn't understand you. He doesn't know what su stands for

I don't know what it is but it doesn't look good at all