endchan.xyz/b/res/45.html#2992
endchan.xyz/b/res/45.html#2958
linuxveda.com/2014/11/29/never-use-microsofts-ooxml-pseudo-standard-format/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

u can use google docs and convert it to .docx

you don;t have 365?

lol go to a real education establishment

>college won't accept MA papers saved in ODT
Just sue them. They cannot force you to use proprietary format without providing you a license. Start with a written complaint to your Minister of Education.

>everything should be cheap or free because I don't like paying for the best Office suite on the market

pirate

or just save your documents as .docx with libreoffice

>his college won't provide him with a full, free version of Office
Jesus Christ, how fucking shitty is your school? Even my public college in a secondary town in a shithole of a country has partnerships with MS for that, lmaoing@u my man

EXPORT EVERY DOCUMENT YOU SEND TO PDF
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's provided as a part of tuition in a lot of unis

So the free alternatives like Libre office don't have the option to save to an old word format?

is libreoffice much better than openoffice?

is google a thing?

>being poor
You deserve to fail.

so you want me to trust some "techradar" articles and shit instead of saying "yes/no" yourself? damn son, cold

>its a program to type words
>120$
>not using wordpad or notepad

??

there's not a huge difference, but libreoffice is better.

>be student
>login using my @edu email
>download, install and activate for free

damn son you really think Sup Forums's opinion matters?

This, but without the autism

Libreoffice is frequently updated and it has a real wiki. Search for wps office. It's a particular office suite. It is free but the creators have contracts with microsoft. I don't know why but wps works better with proprietary formats than libreoffice. Openoffice is a piece of shit.

>Buy keys online, like with any MS product
>Install Kingsoft Office: The Chink Copy(TM)
>Attend a real university
>Frustrate yourself with vastly inferior Libre/OpenOffice

Pick one.

Some people want to keep ownership of their work. With 365 you can't.

Get Office for free. All you need is a valid college email.

products.office.com/en-us/student/

>wps office: ching chong free edition
>no save to pdf
>no print

you what now?

NEET: The Post
On a serious note, how the fuck does your facility not provide you with a student licence?

Lots of schools won't accept pdf files.

shitass college in a shitass country, only the geeks at the IT campus get free M$ stuff.

literally just convert your files pdf

dont be autistic

they actually wanted both docx and pdf from me

>at college
>still uses microsoft word for reports

lol, there's a thing called latex, it's free and better.

Microsoft word is for old people who type complaint letters, it's not for writing reports

Let me guess, USA?

not even close, Poland.

JUST USE LIBREOFFICE OR PIRATE THE SHIT WTF

fucking hate these threads

You do know you can save as a .doc in openoffice? Are there actually masters students who can't figure out how to do that?

>no decent macro support
>can't handle layout the MS way.
>archaic UI
>calc is SLOW with huge documents

But latex is like writing code.
I want to watch the results while i'm typing. If i want to make a text bold i want to click in a button that makes it bold, not to type some obscure command to get the same result.
I've heard you can spend hours to get the formatting done before finishing the document.

I know that you're a troll because LO can save in .doc and .docx
And I know you're a shill because you suggested to use the Botnet
50 rupees have been credited to you, Good Job!
You can even export them to Hybrid PDF. Those will open as PDF in any PDF reader and as .odt in *any* Office suite.
Yes
>PIRATE
>pirate
gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.en.html#Piracy

this, it's literal autism every single time
every single one of these issues is a google search away from being solved
every single time!
how do I know?
BECAUSE ITS
HOW I SOLVED IT
WHEN IT HAPPENED TO ME
anons on Sup Forums whine about people becoming dumber because they don't remember things coz they can google them,
WELL HOW ABOUT THIS: WE HAVE RETARDS HERE THAT CAN'T EVEN USE GOOGLE

Hey NEET freetard that has no idea how the world works! He can't even afford office and you think he has the money to sue an establishment?

>not capable of learning how LibreOffice works
>not being able to torrent it

Choose one

Please avoid using the term “google” as a verb, meaning to search for something on the internet. “Google” is just the name of one particular search engine among others. We suggest to use the term “search the web” or (in some contexts) just “search”. Try to use a search engine that respects your privacy; DuckDuckGo claims not to track its users, although we cannot confirm.

I say google, because every single other engine is dogshit
I welcome you to point me to one that will provide me with
>relevant images
>useful pages
on a quality comparable to google.

>not being able to configure the sources on searx.me to use all relevant search engines at the same time

because it's worth it
What kind of school doesn't provide you an office 365 subscription? At the very least they should make you eligible for HUP so you can get 2016 for only $10.

I sent my CV for a job once.

I didn't get a interview because it was in .pdf and the employer couldn't open it.

>his university accepts anything but pdf
wat

>it was in .pdf and the employer couldn't open it.
be glad you don't have to work there then.

>it was in .pdf and the employer couldn't open it.

neat, I'll give it a try, can't be worse than what I'm testing now (bing)

that's because you don't live in a fucking third-world country, where this shit costs 2 or 3 times the original price.

You don't want to make the text bold. You want to emphasize the text.

This is the problem with Word: it links appearance and meaning. Rather than thinking about what you want to say, you think about how to make it look on the page.

My shitty state school gives for free. There's also people selling it for like 15-30 bucks. Also easily pirateable

yeah you deserve a shitty grade because you start bitching about software because it doesn't go with your "ethics"

>college won't accept MA papers saved in ODT
Unless it's a shit college it will accept PDF

>be a student

This should be cheap or free from your college's supply store. Or ask the faculty if the college has any discount deals with MS. They very likely do.

Also, libre office can save shit in .docx, dumbass.

>tfw school gives me free 2007 license
feelsgoodman.jpg

nah, bing is at least as good. Google is a better place to pick up dank pics though.

I know you're a teenager in need of Ritalin because you can't even read the first line of the post you're quoting.

>getting nine-year-old software for free
truly lucky, user

>tfw using a $10 license for windows 7 ultimate x64 to get windows 10 professional, and another $10 license for Office Professional 2016

How do I get an .edu address?

>odt

literal meme technology

Just use the free online versions of office. Don't go for shitty openoffice or libreoffice. full neckbeard

>tfw snuck in a free copy of office when they didn't filter out if the address was faculty or just student

Oh come on it's not that goddamn hard to keep your leg up. I did that shit for two years and I'm a man.

my uni granted me gratis "premium" Office 365 (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/One Note/Sway/Video/Delve/Tasks/Calendar/Newsfeed/Mail/Yammer/Sites/People/10TB One Drive)
I notified the Academic Senate how that was infringing EU privacy policies and safe harbour provisions in a private university
They offered an opt-out to anyone
No one has ever started using those tools, except for the custom email addresses @university's domain (and tbqh 99% of my peers do not use them on a regular basis). Those mails now are stored on uni servers rather than being transferred on US of A servers.

ODF (Open Document Format) is a standard used in academic institutions in Europe, alongside with PDF/A.

nice meme post

Step 1: enroll in a merkin university

What's the difference between

Office 2016
Office 365
Office online (the OneDrive crap)

All this effort just to sell my todo list to advertising companies?

what movie?

Office 2016: Full freatured software, available for desktop PC and OSX, badass but expensive as fuck

Office 365: Monthly paid service, you pay and can use office on Android (any screen size), Windows Mobile, iOS, Windows.

Office Online: You must have a MS account to log in, can only save your work on OneDrive. Almost the same shit as 365 but free and limited (like Google Docs)

2016 is the normal upgrade from the previous versions of office.

Office Online is basically a shitty Google Docs ripoff.

Office 365 is a subscription service, tied to the online service, that gives you the apps.

Learn LaTeX

eh? Office 365 is just Office 2016 but you pay for a license to use it for a year (or a month if you wish). You don't need to use any of their cloud bullshit services and you certainly don't share ownership with MS on anything.

oh yeah? Can I do excel in your precious latex? or OneNote shit??

LibreOffice can save as docx and other MSWord supported formats

endchan.xyz/b/res/45.html#2992
endchan.xyz/b/res/45.html#2958
You're welcome

Matlab>>excel

Matlab isn't a spreadsheet, retard

nigga, that must be some shitty uni, I studied at Poland and we got office free, also nobody was autustic enough t require any specific file format of us (besides RTF is the only right format to use where it comes to writing)

this.

You don't even need to download LibreOffice for docx, you can export a Google Docs file as docx

>Polish intellectuals

LibreOffice also has shitty formatting that doesn't always translate well to Word

So save them in doc or docx. Who the fuck uses odt anyway?

>gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.en.html#Piracy
Literally a crazy cult.

>not publishing your CV on your website as HTML file

Don't you have a portfolio?

It's actually the opposite. Different versions of Word implemented different .docx standards (for a long period a "transitional" docx implementations was used in different MS Office versions)
LO has always been able to open them all and to re-save them all in a way that could please all, while different version of the Microsoft suite actually ruined documents
There has been a period (~7 years ago) where .docx was highly discouraged because of this.

Also, you're mom has a shitty formatting that doesn't always translate well to my dick

>Different versions of Word implemented different .docx standards (for a long period a "transitional" docx implementations was used in different MS Office versions)

ok, but LO has always had shit formatting.

>different version of the Microsoft suite actually ruined documents
Maybe when Word 97 was released

Are you retarded? I'm sure someone mentioned, but assuming you use Open/Libre (should be libre) you can just fucking save as .docx...

Go to the school library and use their computers for with MS office to fix the formatting in like 10 minutes then.

I did this all the time

>ok, but LO has always had shit formatting
Does not make sense. LO doesn't have "formatting" per se. LO can save in .doc and .docx, in a way that has always been superior to Microsoft's tool too.
LO supports ODF standards too, widely adopted at governmental and academic level. Maybe you meant that Microsoft's tools are sometimes shitty at implementing a well documented format in older Microsoft Office suites?
>97
In '97 .docx didn't exist, retard.

That obviously means LO is great !!!

I'm not advocating LO, I am the google docs guy. that doesn't matter i'm just trying to help OP

oh god gDocs is even worse!

At that point just use office online

>daddy's spoiled princess has trouble with her first physically intensive activity ever
Literally a fucking ballerina.

Read this shit:
linuxveda.com/2014/11/29/never-use-microsofts-ooxml-pseudo-standard-format/

>I'd use two botnet rather than using a perfect free as in freedom tool
Oh hi cancer
So, we meet again

>You're welcome
holy shit thank you it's great

except docx is on open standard