SPECCY THREAD GET IN

Pc speccy thread, who's ready for the high idle temps this summer? I still haven't installed my AC, yet.

Nothing like passive cooling during hot summer.

Toughbook?

Panasonic makes some nice laptops

Yeah, I like them very much but good luck using palmrest during summer on one of those.

See the temperature ratings, what is the ideal temp, and at what temp does it fuck shit up?

t. noob

Everyone has different way of doing things but I keep CPUs at around 70C, anything less is just unnecessary noise.

Use speedfan to make temp curves, use PWM fans that can share common signal like arctic cooling. You'll end with nearly silent PC that doesn't suck dust in all the time.

Got a bunch of poo fans, should be good temp wise.

Should I get a GTX 1080?

I'm getting a 1070 in july probably. 1080 looks good, but I don't really do that much gaming to be honest.

Waiting for 1080

Who else /poor/ here?

Think I might pick up a cheap 980 Ti when the 1070 is released and the inevitable fire sale happens.

1080p 60 frames overkill masterrace

This PC is pretty alright when it boots properly. Fuck this mobo, already RMA'd first one after it completely died and this one is still flaky. Last Gigabyte I ever buy.

Most X99 boards below $250 have issues from what I noticed, finally ended up on a higher-midrange MSI board, it's given me the least issues. (though it hasn't been without it's own)

I wanted a 5820k and the reviews for all of the mobos were sketchy at the time so I figured I'd go cheap, how bad could it be right?

I regret it but like you said I don't know that the higher end ones would have been more reliable. Lots of complaints about boot-up issues across the board with X99 it seems. Once I'm loaded into the OS it's completely fine but something is definitely up with how this one manages boots. Not uncommon for me to have to hit the reset button two or three times. I'll update the BIOS next and hope that helps.

My problems with my MSI board have been mainly with the XMP profiles for RAM. The board doesn't want to set the correct IMC voltage for the increased RAM speeds, so I have to manually set it.

Besides that it's been pretty solid, I dislike MSI's BIOS layout compared to Asus, but anyone who knows their way around a BIOS shouldnt have any major issues.

>Skylake
>16GB RAM
>980 Ti
>one of the most powerful builds currently available
>uses a piece-of-shit outdated operating system

tfw ac is broken

same

>using smug anime faces
>secretly wanting to be a girl and suck cocks

There's nothing secret about it.

BIOS:
>ICH - 75*C (83*C under load)
>MCM - 66.7*C (75*C under load)
>CPU - ~44*C (58*C under load)

Idle.

Something fucky, but it's been this way for years.

>using ad hominem arguments
>implying I don't have a girlfriend whom I tie up and unleash my anger on every time I see her (aka every time we have sex)
Whew!

Should I upgrade anything or just build something new

>Should I upgrade anything

Yeah, to Windows 10.

Would you mind posting that wallpaper?

stay away from 1080

how much are you paid to shill here?

I regret not going Skylake, but at the time it was $100 more for the 6700k.

>1333MHz DDR3
>2016

Um

Still hangin' in there.

Air conditioner is out (I made a youtube video about how my dad was wrong when he said nothing was wrong - who's laughing now DAD?)

Don't you want to fit in with everyone in Speccy threads and use Windows 10 too? It's the greatest and most secure Windows yet!

Go back to your anime wallpaper thread whiner.

Actually 1600 but I never bothered to enable XMP.

am I hip yet

Upgrading next month.

Speccy in charge of reading vram

old monitor broke

ok here are my brande onew speccesthx bb

When I try to install Speccy I get to this step and can't do anything because "Install" is greyed out.

here because I don't want to start a thread for this, but what do you guys think of this list?

we think you should learn to think for yourself and fuck off to

So negative, bet you get all the ladies with your charm.

Is this a modded screenfetch?

Pajeet, please stop fucking your sacred cows.

r8 my main laptop.

i mostly play vidya on my pc

>those timings
>1333mhz

I think there might be something wrong with your ram, Bromeo.

The top bit is neofetch, and below the colors is inxi, with a few flags.

Can you hook me up with that .conf file, mein neger?

PC's only been on for 1 hour, and even with the (relatively) cool morning air this is all I can manage.

Ancient PC's general

>core2quad
>4gb
>4800 AMD

Why.

What .conf?

Thanks for the (you)
Its pretty obnoxious to post screenfetches in a speccy thread but since you asked for it.

For Inxi

Postan and need some r8n

What do you think about my PowerPC Nokia?

>1600Mhz
>Cas 11
user...

why do you have the internal gpu active?

R8 this housefire junk piece of shit

slow ram, shitty overclock for that cpu, way too outdated gpu

Slow RAM, true; Shitty overclock for the cpu, i don't need more power consumption for a ~5% more in performance; outdated gpu? It's in the line between a 960 and a 970

It shouldn't be. I don't use it.

There is no .conf for inxi.

just use man.

Why a 4870? Why the most popular graphics card of its generation?

No its not, at 3GB it can't even fit that much of textures into its memory at 1080p, also its a CGN 1.0 GPU. Even something like the new rebrands are better like 380.

Ti/Titan Pascals when

Do you even cook?

rate bois

>1600Mhz
>Cas 11
what?

>those keys
Kys

PC under no load really except 2 chrome tabs, I just live on top of a volcano :))

>people unironically buy AssRock

I thought this meme died a long time ago.

Asscock make good boards desu senpai

bbbbb

Got a good overclocker for my 390, that's for sure.

Looking into upgrading the ram, would it be worth it? Any recommendations?

Hi where do I apply for you to be my sugar daddy???

Is the 2600k still good? I have one but haven't done anything with it

It's adequate for gaming if overclocked to 4.2GHz+

It would be worth looking at an upgrade in a year or two, start saving

I mean I don't have a motherboard or anything I might just sell it then. Isn't LGA 1155 not being used anymore?

You might be able to find a cheap motherboard that won't allow overclocking which removes ~20% potential performance. It would still be fine for day to day tasks and media consumption, but more intense gaming will notice the older CPU.

So really it depends what you wanna do with it. If you want a long term gaming build you'll want to just look at the 6600k or 6700k. But if you just need a basic platform the 2600k is still viable.

I don't know why it says 1067 MHz, my RAM is 2666 MHz

Is this just a speccy bug?