/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com/
gizmochina.com/

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of May 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

News:
>Mystery Sony smartphone spotted on GFXBench
gsmarena.com/mystery_sony_smartphone_spotted_on_gfxbench-news-18476.php

>OnePlus 3 passes through FCC, specs confirmed once again
gsmarena.com/oneplus_3_passes_through_fcc_specs_confirmed_once_again-news-18471.php

>Redmi 3 and Redmi Note 3 successors i phones pass through TENAA
gsmarena.com/two_new_xiaomi_phones_pass_through_tenaa-news-18455.php

>Apple iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus diagrams reveal a Smart Connector on board
gsmarena.com/apple_iphone_7_and_iphone_7_plus_diagrams_reveal_a_smart_connector_on_board-news-18452.php

>Cubot S9 claims Snapdragon 823, Dual camera’s, 6GB RAM
gizchina.com/2016/05/27/cubots-fantastical-cubot-s9-claims-snapdragon-823-6-colours/

>VKworld T3 With The World’s Biggest Smartphone Speaker Available For $79.99
gizmochina.com/2016/05/27/vkworld-t3-worlds-biggest-smartphone-speaker-available-79-99/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.miui.com/thread-178779-1-1.html
teamsuperluminal.org/mi4c-cyanogenmod-13/
androidcentral.com/moto-g4-plus-3gb-ram-only-has-2gb-out-box
androidcentral.com/moto-g4-plus-review
youtu.be/ELyVQU9U0TQ?t=50s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hunting for a new phone and I am considering S7 edge, only thing is that it costs more then my fucking car....
Last phone held up for 5 years (iphone 4) and i hope for the same with the new one. Is the s7 any durable or just a fragile leaf?

Hi im about to get Xiaomi phone, i wonder if should i go for redmi 3, or redmi note 3, previously wanted get nokia 1520 because of battery life, big screen and windows phone, but seems WP is quite dead now. Maybe you can recommend me something?
Cheers!

Redmi 3 has better battery and camera. RNP3 has better performance and bigger screen. decide what's more important for you.

Hiw do I make my galaxy s5 look less like shit?

My xperia is now almost 3 years old and no longer up to date. I plan on buying a new phone this year and for regular updates I'd like a nexus phone. I currently use my phone with cm and no gapps. Is the same thing possible for the nexus phones? Does google provide images with no gapps preloaded?

Is z3 compact still a good buy?

>Does google provide images with no gapps preloaded?
No.

Is the Oneplus X the best price to performance ratio phone in the 5-5.2 inch area with a decent developer community?

I currently have a Oneplus One and I want a phone with a smaller screen and I don't know if getting the OPX is worth it since it's got exactly the same specs as my OPO but with a better screen, SD card slot and better build quality, or if I should wait for something newer to be released, but I doubt there's going to be any phone released for under $200 any time soon with that performance.

My OPO still runs snappy with Sultans CM13 ROM and he started making the ROM for the OPX so I don't think futureproofing is the issue, and the battery life on my OPO has taken a nosedive and I lose more than 10% an hour even while barely using the phone.

Bump
G4 is 350€
V10 450€

Redmi 3, that's about it in the 5" area.

MIUI status bar fonts are tiny and my father has problems seeing it and some other UI elements too.
Changing font size does bugger all for those elements. What are my options here?

Flash AOSP.

en.miui.com/thread-178779-1-1.html

Huawei P8 Lite

or

Sony Xperia M4 Aqua

Hm, worse screen but way better battery. Does it have Cyanogenmod 13?

Have the Moto G 1st gen right now. It was my companion for over three years, but now components start to fail.

I'm looking for a 5 inch, $250 max. phone with sd-card slot. Ideas?

Oneplus X

I'd buy it in an instance if had hadn't that glass back. Way to slippery.

A skin is included in the box so it's way less slippery if you use that

No, they only released the developer code a few weeks ago, so it will probably be out soon, all the other Redmi Note/Mi versions has CM and plenty of other roms.

Z3c or Mi4c.

Mi4c is another option, has CM13 and FHD screen.

teamsuperluminal.org/mi4c-cyanogenmod-13/

hey Sup Forums, i have literally never owned a smartphone. but lately i'm socially obsolete, so i have to get one. all i want is good battery life, non-sketchy chinese shit, build quality and decent aesthetics. preferably on the smaller side.

Eh, I can't go back to 32Gb unupgradeable storage after using 64Gb on my OPO

chinese brands are your best bet then.
don't think they're bad just because they are from china. remember, every phone ever assembled comes from china. china

Apart from the good ones that are made in Korea.

Man, it's crazy how different your phone feels when you replace your wallpaper you've used for months, it almost feels like a brand new phone

which is in china

can somebody answer this

I can get one of them for FREE

My friend just got it out of the carrier store and dropped it accidentally. Now he has to pay 7K MXN (˜380 USD) to get the screen repaired, almost half the phone price.

Still it's fucking beautiful

The Aqua is complete shit, get the Huawei.

It really is, Samsung has managed to associate their flagship with VR and quality. I can see all these basic white bimbos that feed Applel jumping ship to Samsung sometime in the near future.

I keep hearing this but it has a snapdragon 615 and 2 gigs of RAM, how can it be bad? Plus it's waterproof.

i just hate the idea of not having any support/warranty or it being loaded with chinese bloatware out of the box. also half of the sites i see selling them seem to have issues with scamming. the note 3 pro looked cool but not sure if i'm willing to deal with that stuff

how small can a phone be while being comfortably held with two hands in portrair, with each hand comfortably gripping a side? i'm thinking somewhere between 6.x - 8 inches. i know 8 inches is comfortable but i'd like smaller and lighter. 5.5 is just too small but i'm afraid anything bigger would be fatiguing from extra weight. i'd really like to see a sub 150 gram 7 inch with high screen to body ratio. anybody else want bigger lighter phones?

No, because those are tablets and not phones

The SD615 is one of the worst Qualcomm chips ever, it's an overheating, throttling POS. that's why the Mi4i was such a failure. the Huawei is not amazing but it's definitely better.

Would you guys recommend the LG G3 in the >current year?

Assuming I get it for a good price of course.

nobody cares

>compensating that much for your tiny penis
kek

Except the people who buy phones to be used as phones and not tablets, which are quite a lot of people

>being insecure
lol
talking to a 5.5" slate looks no less retarded than a 7" one and if your primary usage is phone calls, smartphones are fucking retarded to begin with flip phone >>>>>>>>>>> so no, you're completely wrong.

What is phone short for? Mobile phone, not immobile phone. Anything bigger than 6 inches is a tablet.

Yes. Its two biggest flaws (poor battery life and overheating) were fixed in 6.0 update. Fast, reliable phone. If you can have it for a nice buck, go for it.

P8 Lite is less shit.

ok manlet.

Yeah, why not?
>SD 801, which isn't far behind 808/810 that were present in 2015 flagships
>720p instead of 1080p, which brings it even closer to 808/810 performance-wise
>excellent, just really fucking outstanding, battery life

The only thing I'd be concerned about is the camera, which is really mediocre in low-light conditions. If you have a good light, it's great.

Recommend me some good games, /spg/

I was happy using one until a few weeks ago when I finally burn out the screen.

S7 or HTC 10?
Which one has the best camera?
And audio output?
Is the 10 too heavy?

S7 for camera, HTC 10 for audio.

6'1'' and don't need to compensate for a tiny dick

Retroarch and emulating retro games

S7.

Rop
Hook
(Infinity) Loop
Cytus
Fastar //only on ios :-(
Geometry dash
Emulators like gba, psp

so let me get this straight, you're 6'1 and don't have a tiny dick yet over six inches is top big for you?

ok manlet.

androidcentral.com/moto-g4-plus-3gb-ram-only-has-2gb-out-box

androidcentral.com/moto-g4-plus-review

So the Moto G4 Plus was advertised to have 3GB of RAM, and upon arrival it only has 2GB. How the fuck can lenovo get away with this? Are they planning to do this for the US release?

Yup, why the fuck would I get a 6 inch+ phone that's impossible to use with one hand and cumbersome to carry when that's what tablets are for?

I hope the Oneplus VR is going to work with my nexus 6p

>who needs a phone larger than 4 inches anyway

>There's no middle ground between 4 and 6 inches

FOSS phone for burgers? I take it Jolla doesn't deliver to the US.

5-5.3 is objectively the best screen size, if you need anything bigger than that then you should just buy a flip phone for phone calls and carry a tablet with you everywhere

Love Live! School Idol Festival

I want to buy a microSD card for my Samsung Galaxy s5. Should I grab the cheapest one I can find? Can I buy ones with higher data speeds?

>buying chink shit
>trusting chinks ever
ayyyy

Gooks and nips are hardly better though

Big battery life solution guys?

Zero lemon is available for both

Anyone have the one plus x?

I need a new device with perm root ability, good camera and at least 6 hrs of SOT.

I wanted the S7, but I can't get an unlocked version that works in my area. (US/Verizon.) My only guarantee is that LTE may work

Just picked up an s7 edge coming from an iPhone 6s. What web browser is generally preferred? What about a chan app?

>in b4 touchjizz

Why not the HTC 10?

Opinions of moto x pure?

Samsung default browser is actually really good and has an adblock addon which is nice if you don't intend to root and void your warranty yet.
Grab nova launcher and package disabled pro to clear our the bloat.

Firefox runs addons too, including ublock origim

It does yeah, but it's laggy and has bad font rendering.

>tfw nexus 6p

>tfw not an autistic retard who needs 237572357TB of space

Great phone, just take care of it, screen glass isn't very strong

Trying to find a good lock screen app for my first android phone, but Widgetlocker crashes over and over. What's one where I can remove everything from the lock screen but the clock, and be able to move that to where I want and colour it?

Tks

>tfw you forget it was in your back pocket and you sit down

>dumb gigacuck retards can't remember where they put things

>buy objectively shit things instead

Adguard is a better system wide option without root

Isn't that shit a subscription service?

There's a free version, but I don't think that does HTTPS filtering. $10 for a year is fair though IMO, I can't stand YouTube ads etc

Yeah i know but i asked about chinkphones and cyanogenmod too since the lg phones seem to be rly overpriced after looking at the k6000 pro etc and the upcoming k6kpremium.

ZTE Axon 7

One Plus 3

Zuk Z2 Pro

Zenfone 3

Whatever phone will have the best frame.

>chink botnets with garbage build quality

Nah, try harder faggot.

youtu.be/ELyVQU9U0TQ?t=50s

Has ANYONE got their HTC gift yet?

It's been a month now or some shit. Something's fucky.

HTC 10 mine is goat ultra-responsive sexy no glass that shatters instantly.

Free 100 gig storage + a year of insurance.

nice shill

>m-muh phone f/stop

>can't even produce bokeh

Great post.

t. luddite

How do you get 100gb storage?

comes with every htc phone just log in with google in the drive app and accept your gift

>YouTube ads

Use Xposed my man

>If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Your country: England
Carrier: EE
Wanted features: I have iPhone 5 currently so having a feature at all is a bonus. Would like good Speaker if possible nothing audiophile, just loud and clear. A decent camera is fine no real interest in a front camera so no priority but having one is a bonus. I'd like the battery to last at least a day with general internet browsing while playing audio. For the most of days. Occasional video playback via internet too.
Budget: Nothing crazy was looking at the Mi 5, looks pretty good for price.
Size: Anything like my current iPhone 5, or like the SE. Previous phone to that was Nokia 5310 Xpressmusic. I like light and not bordering tablet size screens.

Would also like to know how dual sim functions, if I have say a UK Sim and some kind of Euro sim will it auto swap itself or do I change a setting to swap it in the phone?

Swapped out my S7e for a HTC10. Did I fuck up Sup Forums?