ITT Tech retards

Dump your stories of people who think they're knowledgeable in tech but are dumbasses

.... You first duh

You need this before you try to build a pc.
If you don't take this , the pc will explose.

Why dump stories when we can watch it live?

I was hired on this huge ass enterprise project for one tiny specific part, since I have years of experience with Silverlight/WPF/WindowsPhone/UWP (all in all, I write some of the cleanest XAML you'll ever see).

The CTO is now buttblasted because I deleted literally 3 classes (over 600 lines of code C#) and accomplished the same with 6 lines of XAML.

I also made fun of his shitty attempt to automatically send text to our backend as it's being typed. He failed to invoke relay commands when PropertyChanged is triggered but didn't realize where he is wrong so he wrapped it into a while loop, that would attempt the same fail for 100 times, hoping it will get copied in one of those 100 attempts.

Now I took a dump on his nesting of shit inside shit inside shit to achieve shit and declined his pull request and told him to fuck off the WPF codebase while I'm in the company.

I think I'll depart soon if they either calm him down or raise my salary. Not worth it.

>be me
>be at friends house
>friends brother builds a $900 AMD system
>doesn't go Intel at that price range
>friend thinks you don't need more than 2gb of vram
>runs a 6300 with a 650ti on a 720p monitor
>I agree because I own a HP pavilion dv9 9000
>AMD dual core turion x2 120gb HDD 3gb RAM 650m

The guy that hosts tech of tomorrow

>TFW i use Arch Linux and know java, C, C++ and can't get a shitty IT job because no cert.

>falling for self-education meme
here's the first retard

>I am competent at computer security
>Don't log as root
>Use sudo instead

I always lol.

>WindowsPhone

do you not understand the difference between the two and the advantages of using sudo?

lol

see

lol
In dmz for years, go on ton of websites, dl and compile a lot of unknown app
still no root account hacked

I fear nothing. SU and sudo are security traps

How's that debt working out for you?

>being so autistic you think the way you use your computer is the only possible use case

Here we are.

>not contributing to /sqt/ with well-informed answers
>contributing, instead, to tech illiteracy through passive watching "for teh lulz"

>Bachelor of Marine Engineering
>internship at Maersk Sealand
>Master of Marine Engineering
>Electro-Technical Officer at Maersk Offshore
I don't fall for meme professions.

>6 lines of XAML = 600+ lines of C#
how is this possible

>mfw I charge $100 per hour as a freelancer
>mfw I don't even have enough time to respond to all job offers I get

When it comes to cash, the pay is top. I don't give a fuck about the platform.

Now with Xamarin being free, I think I'll start charging even more. The demand is insane.

He wrote a wrapper for List to keep items sorted by criteria he set. He also wrote extension methods for adding/removing members that doesn't fuck his sorting up. He also implemented IObservable interface on it, with his super-duper fancy NotifyPropertyChanged method to notify the UI when items get added/removed instead of using ObservableCollection instead List.

I deleted all that shit and did:

Bind to that, and it's always sorted without all his bullshit.

Good for you buddy.

But I have no interest in sealife. In fact I hate the ocean and the beach.

Most admins ever.

Why is WPF & XAML such a huge pile of ridiculous shittiness?

Seriously, I can't imagine investing the time into learning it. People were really productive with WinForms, then WPF came along and confused the fuck out of everyone. Whenever it comes up, people just dismiss HTML5 by waving their hand and saying XAML is much more powerful, but nobody ever expands on that.

So, why would someone sink so much time and effort into learning a proprietary UI system? I'd say your posts show how ridiculously convoluted it is, and how easy it is to do the "wrong" thing.

>Dan (not his real name), a long time friend, pitched idea of making a game together for profit.
>Dan just wanted to be idea guy. He doesn't know any programming or any other skill and has no intention of helping out in any other way, not even testing.
>Dan thinks it's easy make the game for Mac and PC.
>Dan thinks programming is a simple linear process and all one needs to do to succeed is plan ahead.
>Dan thinks his "wisdom" is the magic formula for success.

My friend had Dunning–Kruger syndrome out the wazoo. He had a completely inverted view of the reality of himself.

Dan will be an IT Manager

A friend ran the lan ip of a school computer on Metasploit at his home with a random exploit and port 1337. He then messaged me with the screenshot of his Kali and said "it doesn't work they probably blocked it"

The only thing I miss with WPF is lack of Direct3D support (hardware accelerated animations and shit).

As someone who dumped web when it became shit, I can tell you why XAML is the most powerfull markup language.

Grid controls for defining layouts are the best thing that ever happened. Just look at JavaFX trying to copy it but failing miserably.

Ease of templating user controls and extending/customizing existing controls. You should see some of the magic I can achieve with DepencencyProperties and custom controls. Clean and reusable as fuck, with 0 boilerplate.

Separation of UI and business logic achieved with DataBinding. You can't get better than this. If done right, writing ViewModel unit tests and UI scenario tests is actually a pleasant task.

The only thing I'm missing in WPF that is a new feature in UWP are compiled bindings (x:Bind). That shit is awesome.

WinForms are shit compared to WPF. I'd kill my self if I had to write some of the huge projects I did in WPF, in WinForms. It's either messy code, or tons of boilerplate to get it halfway decent.

>I'd say your posts show how ridiculously convoluted it is, and how easy it is to do the "wrong" thing.

People using it wrong isn't an indication of something being bad.

Just look at JavaScript. I actually like the language itself, but when I see variables in global namespace (they are everywhere, take a look at any popular hipster framework used in production) I wanna hurt someone badly.

>I see variables in global namespace
OOP world is retarded about that

>OOP
>JavaScript

If you're using JavaScript already, functional paradigm nigga, embrace it and all your problems are solved.

I went on Sup Forums once and people unironically recommended AMD products.

Had quite a heated argument the other day with a colleague of mine.

He insisted hardware raid was better than software raid because if the card crapped out, you could just replace it and it would have no impact on the pool.

We don't work in IT.

Yes, but those who produce those frameworks come from OOP and think OOP. Functional world avoid global variables.

>I use arch
>I can read a wiki and have too much time on my hands

>sister decides to work from home as a travel agent
>has a technician set up a system and explain the basics for her
>feels like she's a tech genius now
>lectures everyone based on some stupid shit her tech support monkey told her
>calls me the other day
>iphone can't update her apps because she ran out of space
>she bought 50GB extra icloud storage but it still doesn't work
>mfw

>I actually like the language itself
opinion disgarded, though

After using UNIX, GNU/Linux & Google for about ten years now people seem astounded that I qualify for stage 3 & 4 jobs in the lab. They don't let freshmen above stage 1 though so I'm going to be stuck in support.