Am i making a mistake?

Am i making a mistake?

i keep thinking everything i need is there. but my brain is stopping me from clicking checkout.

Other urls found in this thread:

outervision.com/power-supply-calculator
pcpartpicker.com/p/t6t7Yr
pcpartpicker.com/p/sv9nTH
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

now that's a fucking list op

what am i doing wrong then.

i obviously want to build a really good gaming computer. maybe the CPU is overkill but i have the money so why not splurge? at least i'm not buying eye candy ram.

You need two more 1080

Shit CPU + Shit PSU , don't click checkout or kill yourself

>500gb ssd
Why.

for windows and games. i've got a 240 gig one now and its always running out of space.

what, are you just being a dick because you cant afford one yourself?

good luck getting a 1150 socket CPU working with a 1151 socket motherboard

aight, the PSU and CPU. ill do some reading on those ones.

thanks m8.

I think the ssd is a little big, like another user said. CPU is overkill too desu but do what you want. Get a better PSU. Why would you overpay on everything else and skimp on the one component that could blow up your entire overpriced system.

i fucking knew i missed something. thanks man. completely fucked that up.

EVGA 750 G2 ;)

5820K + X99 motherboard
(Or 6700K + this motherboard from your list)

Change this and click checkout

normally i buy a 1000w and i was just wondering if i was throwing money at nothing, so i used this website outervision.com/power-supply-calculator to check if i needed it. it told me i'd only need 493w so i doubled it. haha. thought i was being 1 smart cookie.

Get a 80+ plus power supply, also you should wait for the manufacturers' gtx 1080. The founders edition thermal throtles. SSD too big but whatever.
Also, at what resolution will you be playing? and at what refresh rate?

Founders Edition is terrible

Don't be an idiot

>HDD
>incompatible mobo and cpu
>300 mobo
>$175 case
>shitty and overpriced psu

>$1200 for a GPU that isn't even available yet

Also, get the Define R4 instead of the R5; the R5 is a plastic POS.

The R4 is too heavy for pasty neets to lift.

you can get most of these things for way waaay cheaper. You don't need a >$100 case. You shouldn't be spending $100 on fucking ram.

why are you spending two hunny for such a large ssd? when paired with a traditional hdd, an ssd of around 120gb is fine

the prices are in AUD. we get gouged on everything. that ram is the cheapest DDR4.
i usually buy Antec cases, but they've gone to plastic shit too. this site doesn't have the R4 listed so i might buy it elsewhere.
im upgrading from a Radeon 5850 bro. i just want the best available.
honestly think i might.

you guys made me feel like shit so maybe ill just kill myself. obviously im not allowed to have nice things :(

Thats a lot of fucking pesos for nothing, what currency is that op? Fucking AUS or CAD?

>$699 founders edition for $1199
What are you in Australia or Canada?

The 4790K doesn't support DDR4 to my knowledge, only DDR3.

you guys made me feel like shit so maybe ill just kill myself. obviously im not allowed to have nice things :(

Well, you asked for advice and you got it. At least you didn't make lots of mistake. We are all learning.
Don't stress out. Keep it simple and priorize quality over fanciness. Follow what we told you and you should be fine.

Yeah, he should go for either the I7 6XXX with DDR4 or with the 4XXX with DDR3.

Personally I'd go for the later.

Please say those are 'Straylian Dolaridoos

>4790k with ddr4
>750 watt psu
>2400 MHz RAM
>1 TB western digital

This is a meme machine, right?

i dont like the PSU

get a EVGA or something

>founders edition
>paying more for nothing

just get a regular 1080

what kind of monitor do you have?

>asrock mobo

why the fuck

you are willing to spend almost 3k on a rig but get some shitty ass mobo

you are literally retarded spending that much

what would be the purpose of this shit? gay men?

you will regret the amount of money you spend the moment you try to sell this shit and people will offer you less than a third of what you paid, but worse, you will regret all the time you spent on something completely irrelevant and meaningless. without you realizing it, your youth is gone, and you will have nothing to show for it.

hear me out, user. i know what i'm talking about.

Don't worry user, op has lots of cash.. Btw how the hell does 1080 cost $1190? He could get dual fury x setup for that

Fellow strayan here. 3000 dollardoos is a lot to throw down. Can you wait a bit to see how the GPU market looks? No sane adult is buying a 1080 for a while, it's COD gaymer bros only. You're not a little COD gaymer bro are you? Get a 1070 in a bit or wait for Polaris. Spend the savings on a hooker. Live a little.

Where's the cooling bro?

>1080
>$1199

WOW LUCKY XDD

i can wait. but my current rig is in this death throes.

i supposed i can wait, but i know if i dont buy the PC with the money i have now i will spend it on hookers.

ill keep looking at parts and see whats around. thanks bro.

Trust me mate, you'll know when to buy it cause it'll feel like the right time. It's your money, spend it whenever you want but don't throw it away mate, aussies getting btfo on 1080 pricing right now.

Remember you can always use integrated graphics on your CPU and live off that should needs be, and your old gcard die. Waiting on the most expensive part which isnt vital is usually a good idea eh?

canadians to

>$999

what game though, surely this is not a 3k dota machine

you'll probably get more entertainment out of the hookers.

no. i got to the point where i cant play AAA releases anymore, Advanced Warfare ran like dogshit and i really want to play the new BF, Totl War: Warhammer, BFG Armada, Doom, No Mans Sky, and a backlog of stuff i havn't had the ability to play, like witcher three and even dragon age inquisition.

it'll probably spend most of its life in CS:GO tho. lol.

here user, try this build
pcpartpicker.com/p/t6t7Yr

jk, but this one is basically your build with a few changes, the peripheral stuff such as thermal paste and fans, and crap like that
pcpartpicker.com/p/sv9nTH

its also about a thousand dollars cheaper, while being the same components minus the motherboard, and it includes a case fan, thermal paste, network card, etc

do the mail in rebates, it really does save you a shitload of money

I doubt
>that mobo and that cpu works together
>that cpu supports 2400mhz ddr4

i really appreciate the build mate, but the reason it's cheaper is because you've built it with american parts.

if you go to the top right and change it to Australia you'll see its about the same price, a few hundred cheaper, but i'll definitely have a look at what you've changed.

thanks mate.

user's quick guide to top tier PC:

1) K i5 if you are willing to overclock, i7 (K preferable) if you have loads of money.

2) Highest tier gpu you can afford, but be mindfull of resolution (more resolution = beefier gpu)

3) no less than 8gb of fast ram, 16 preferable if we are talking DDR4 or 2400mhz DDR3 kits

4) don't cheap out on a psu iof you intend to run heavy loads for long periods

5) lrn 2 airflow

6) You really don't need a monster case unless you are filling it with drives or have housefire components

7) Pirate windows

You'd probably be happier with an after market cpu cooler rather than the shit Intel throws in the box

>find a cheaper 1080 or wait for real prices.
>get $400 or less cpu
>get a single dim for future upgrade dual chan is pointless anymore
>fractal is overpriced

>1080
>$1200
yea thats a mistake

>Not waiting for the be quiet! base 900 pro