/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread

Post your simple/small/stupid questions here, ONCE.
DO NOT BUMP THE THREAD, You are NOT entitled to an answer.

Read the sticky before posting.
Take at least 10 seconds to google it first.

Redirect or ignore anybody asking stupid questions outside this thread.
Use as a link to find the sqt thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-performance/task-manager-shows-cpu-speed-that-is-higher-than/4a3ad9a8-fba2-4dcb-8155-0502d475b78c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I was browsing files using Nemo on Ubuntu as a superuser and I deleted a ~4GB folder. It deleted itself in an instant, with no wait time, which surprised me. The problem is, that after it got deleted, there is no more free space on my partition than there was before.
Any ideas what have happened and how can I fix it?

>pic related
>open file with windows media player
>just says "changing media" for a few minutes, then closes itself
what do?

Why does my SDcard on my android phone show up as blank? I formatted it to FAT32 after backing up the files on it. It shows up on its own and with a micro SD adapter (using a reader) on my laptop.
I had received the phone as a hand me down from two years ago and I think the slot itself is messed up.

How do I emojis from android? I'm using the Zenui keyboard because it just werks, but the stupid smiley face ruins it.

All I want is to put a simple :) in without the retarded face showing up.

Why dont people fill up their water cooling system with car coolant? Does it corrode the hardware?

What's wrong with that snake?

Cornsnake! I used to breed them, had 4-5 different color phases.
nothing, they don't quite see as well as they smell. He would usually just drop it in the box

Sorry, posted in old thread first.
If Android system apps are installed on the System partition, then how come their app info pages state that they are using X amount of Internal storage?

If i encrypt my laptop, would it slowdown?

Why?

usually if you remove something by accident on a file explorer, ctrl+z should revert what you did.

Check on your trash bin.

Install MPC-HC and use that instead.

Why is my CPU speed going over the max speed when I didn't overclock it? I'm using high performance mode with a AMD a10 7850k.

Nothing in the trash and I restarted already, so there is no ctrl-z and there are no open files preventing OS to free up the space.

What's the best mouse? I got a gaming mouse and all it does is hurt my hand and make me accidentally backspace the page.

install the fucking driver and turn the gay back/forward buttons off.

nigga's blind

because it's the wrong kind of fucking coolant

>DivX
Is this 2009?

Asking again for sanity's sake

I'm trying to embed Lua into C++, so i put a copy of the include files from Lua 5.1 into the folder the main C++ code lies in, and used the code
extern "C" {
#include
#include
#include
}

int main(int argc, char** argv)
{
lua_State* L = luaL_newstate();

luaL_dostring(L, "a = 10 + 5");
lua_getglobal(L, "a");
int i = lua_tointeger(L, -1);
printf("%d\n", i);

lua_close(L);

return 0;
}

But when i try to compile i get the error

main.cpp:2: lua5.1\lua.h: No such file or directory
main.cpp:3: lua5.1\luaxlib.h: No such file or directory
main.cpp:4: lua5.1\lualib.h: No such file or directory

What do?

The performance (and battery) impact is negligible, especially on modern laptops.
You will only notice a difference if you run a thorough benchmark test, not in day-to-day use.

did i fuck up /sqt/

Using ufw to setup a firewall.The outbound policy is allow,the inbound policy is deny.The outbound connections are not working,http https dns. How do i got about fixing this.

>i7
Yes.
>ram
Yes.
>512gb SSD
Yes.
>Hitachi
>Yes
>Psu
Get a 900w

What if its not a modern laptop?(Thinkpad x220).

Why would you suggest a 900w psu for that build? If nvidia isn't lying, he should be able to run another 1080 in there without any problems.

Looks good.

I'm planning on running 1440p 144hz and a second 1080p monitor. and doing some gaming, some music production/video editing/photoshopping

How well does H.264 decoding scale with multiple threads? Imagine I had a single-core 2GHz processor and a dual-core 1GHz processor (both with the same IPC), which would play H.264 faster? Or would they be equal?

I guess your best move would be to search for a file or a directory that was in the 4GB you removed to see if it was moved somewhere else.
use something like this :

sudo find / -type f -iname "*filename*"

replace f by d if you're looking for a directory, and you can just put a part of the filename if you keep the stars (regular expression).

is it possible (or wise) to change the filesystem of an external hard drive by creating a partition of the desired filesystem, moving everything into that partition and then deleting the original partition? obviously it could only be done if free space permits, i just don't have a second hard drive to do it with.

Yes

According your OS, and how you installed the library, the #include might not be the same everywhere. I used to program with the SDL library. On windows I had to do
#include
while on linux I could simply
#include

that message just means you're looking for the library on the wrong directory.
Are you on linux or windows ?

I don't know, if this is a stupid question, but stackoverflow doesn't have a good answer.

I got a program from a brazilian company. It is written in c. I have the sourcecode and at the same time the files are compiled to *.exe's.
I have installed windows to start them, but whenever i start the *.exe's they boot up the shell and close itself right after. I have no problem with running them from an IDE but it bugs me, that I can't start them from windows

What's the best way to produce some simple mechanical parts (mainly cases for electronics)? Are there like 3D printing shops or some such?

noone responded to my question -_-

Check your BIOS, windows 8 is known for showing wrong stats

It's windows 10, but ok.

Sometimes the IDE have a release and debug mode. I don't remember if you can run the debug binary files outside the IDE.

I'm buying some new hard-drives, and I realized I don't have enough sata power connectors, but, I do have a handful of molex connectors lying around. Would it be a bad idea to get some molex to sata cables? Or would a Sata Y-splitter work out better? I can easily use either, I'm just worried about which is more likely to start a fire or fuck with my system's power.

Its caleld turbo
you can disable it in your bios
But there really is no reason to

Don't buy a 1080 yet. We don't know enough to say if it will be a good GPU or not.

Am3+ and am3b are the same right

RIGHT

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-performance/task-manager-shows-cpu-speed-that-is-higher-than/4a3ad9a8-fba2-4dcb-8155-0502d475b78c

>answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-performance/task-manager-shows-cpu-speed-that-is-higher-than/4a3ad9a8-fba2-4dcb-8155-0502d475b78c
Thanks!

How the fuck do I into webms Sup Forums?

ffmpeg

get a sata y splitter but you cant split too many

webm4retards

maybe. where the fuck did you get am3b from?

Thanks for the answer, may be the problem, but I guess not, because in their broken english they wrote, the shell can also be used to control the program.
But it was not that important anyway.

Is it hard to convert HEVC to H.264?
I don't have that good of a computer though.

Thanks! That helped!
It seems the trash feature is unsupported (at least on Nemo) on Ubuntu as a superuser, but Nemo not being a native file browser created a directory /root/.local/share/Trash/ anyway and moved my deleted directory there anyway.
Thanks again!

What would be the easiest way to record live TV to a video file? My TV has a recording feature that supposedly records to whatever drive is connected to the USB port, but it doesn't work.

When I go to Settings > Data Usage and click on applications in Android, settings crashes. I've already cleared my cache and reset.

6.0 stock G4.

If the video signal suddenly stops after about five minutes from start up, but the monitor itself is fine, I need to replace my video card right?

Related: where do I get parts like that and should I get an ATI or a Nvidia?

What can I do to remap the buttons on my FK2?

Why isnt this filtering any non-plaintext characters?
/[^\x00-\x7F]+/i
/[^\u0000-\u007F]+/i

Glad I could help you.

you most definitely did not

If I reinstall Windows on a different hard drive in my computer (so same motherboard), will it be activated automatically?

is a display port connection a digital or analog connection? will a simple DP to VGA adapter just werk?

Yeah it will

>1. Translate the EER diagram above into a >relational schema with more than one relation (i.e. table). Use the algorithm seen in the course.
>2. Translate the EER diagram above into a relational schema with only one relation (i.e.
table).
>Use the algorithm seen in the course.
>If you think that it is impossible, then explain why
DROP TABLE Life;

Questions about plex

Is there a better alternative?
How do you seek on the video pressing the arrow keys just makes it go to the next video, do you need to be premium?
Do you always have to have your computer with the server installed running?

I have a laptop with windows 7 on it. I no longer need to boot on windows and only use linux on it.
Is is possible to retrieve the license and install it on another computer ?

The OEM key? No

Dunno, I just want to know if it's possible to install it on another computer. I no longer use windows but know someone who needs it, so I wanted to "gift" him my windows version.

>Maybe
>Why are you using it on your PC that is hosting the files
>Yes

I'm a second year CS student and I haven't taken a single computer related class nor do I know the first thing about programming.

Should I be studying everything on my own or wait until I can take a programming class to learn?

I'm almost 30 is it too late for me?

I want to build a pc but i dont have a grounded outlet in my room. Can i use that fir my pc or will that damage my components?

>CS
>2nd year
>30
Either kill your self or go in to IT

hey almost 30. I got my first job as a programmer at 29 after dropping out of uni at 28.

You're still young (just not compared to the babbies on here) and while it might seem like there are 1000's of super 18 year old programmers there really aren't.

Just learn everything you can about cutting code and you'll be fine.

Whats that wide faced anime character called whos on like 3 mouse pads?

all of them

Its like this blond one with a really stretched face, from ages ago. Sometimes its the top page banner thing

I can't stop shilling Intel and Nvidia on Sup Forums despite using AMD almost exclusively. My first girlfriend was Jewish and called me her little goyim and now I have a fetish for it and get off when Sup Forumsentoomen call me a good goy.
H-Help.

Does anyone have any idea if it'd be possible to transplant an IPS display from another laptop into this bad boy? Would Lenovo be using some arcane display connectors?

Yuno?

Ignore him. He's probably one of those sheltered kids that went straight into an uni after HS because his mommy said so.

I'm not a high enough level weeaboo to answer, but I do have this.

Try ahk.

>suddenly I want pancakes

>an uni
Yeah, higher education is a meme anyways.

So I have a big gap after college in my resume because NEET reasons. Would it be better to tell my future employee I was a NEET or lie that I was in prison?

Bingo! Thanks. Wasnt there a how to draw her in 8 lines or something? Thats what im searching for

Tell them you went on a pilgrimage to Jerusalem.

what is the best web browser for android

Lightning.

what if they think I'm a Jew?

does anybody know how to fix the seeking issue with ffmpeg when you copy a video stream?

Christians, Muslims, and Jews all have reasons to got to Jerusalem. You literally can't lose unless your boss is a Hindu or something. With all the poo in loos it might happen though.

what makes it the best

Nvidia Shield (tablet): shit product?

They might make you part owner.

whats the best way to download all of the videos on a certain youtube video in mp3

It's only $250 and frankly vastly overpriced.

youtube-dl

There's some non free (as in freedom, still free as in shekels) programs that let you download entire channels as .mp3. I assume that's what you meant to say anyways. Google it.
If you're a freetard then you have to do each one individually or write your own program.

Getting a new phone in a few days, but the SIM card in my current phone wont fit. After a bit of googling I've find that I can cut it to size, has anyone on Sup Forums done so before? Did it fuck your card?

I think I better tell them straight up after introductions I hate Jews and that I'm not a Jew at all.

the part I won't be owning anymore would be my foreskin though

don't listen to this faggot

My brother did that once and he claims it worked, but I can't confirm it myself.

I have a .mov file of which that was recorded on an iPhone 4. Videos in the past have been shot without any problems but these four latest files that I have just wont play any sound whatsoever. When replayed on the phone there is no sound and the same when I moved it over to my PC as well. What do you think could be the problem here? What can I do? It is extremely important that the sound on these videos get working again as they are precious memories.
Thanks to anyone that can help.
Pic related. Not sure if it helps but I thought I'd post it anyway.

>Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 1280x720 29.97fps 10355kbps [V: Core Media Data Handler (h264 baseline L3.1, yuv420p, 1280x720, 10355 kb/s)]
>Audio: AAC 44100Hz mono 63kbps [A: Core Media Data Handler (aac lc, 44100 Hz, mono, 63 kb/s)]