Is this a joke?

Is this a joke?

Other urls found in this thread:

xdevs.com/doc/xDevs.com/ocg_1080/pg413_top_hires.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes
Zotac was always a joke

What's wrong with it?

Looking at the number if condensators i assume it will have a huge power draw. But we better wait for tests.
It kinda simplifies the cooler design, cant esealy bend the condensators.

at least it has ricer cred with that knife heatsink

This along with the gun heatsink motherboard, I wonder if anyone has ever been detained at an airport for it

>using Windows

kek

Like you've ever owned a Zotac card, brand whore.

>Looking at the number if condensators i assume it will have a huge power draw

That's not how it works you fucking retard.

jesus fuck there is so much wasted space on this card what the fuck

>Gaming on Linux or OSX.
kek

>not hiding your shameful addiction
kek

What the fuck is a condensator?

sorry, capacitor

>1080 with more than power connector

IT'S OVER

AMD IS FINISHED

>nvidia

yes, it is

There are probably good technical reasons for the layout, reduced latency, reducing noise, and eliminating ground loops are only a few of literally hundreds of different technical considerations that impact board layout.

It's not as straightforward as you think.

GPU PCBs look fucking beautiful now.

is any form of these still made?

yes

What's the problem fat boy?

>Is this a joke?
Dosen't seem like it.

Each power connector has it's own 6 phase power, for all your OC'ing needs.

Compare that to the refrence design with one 8 pin power connector gimped to use only 5 phases.
xdevs.com/doc/xDevs.com/ocg_1080/pg413_top_hires.jpg

>thinking that's shameful
kek, I'm 32 and never worked or will have to, I own a kickass rig, playing all the time and order prostitutes regularly. Dad's money sure is awesome.

That looks like fucking trash.

that card is a solid inch+ taller than the usual form factor of a PCIE card. it looks awful.

and this is only slightly better. what the fuck is with these designs? is there really a noticeable amount of difference by spreading things out this far?

Yes, yes there is.

I've designed 2 simple PCBs (nothing like a motherboard or GPU) and the fucking heat that some components make travels so far. The big, solid, copper ground plane acts as a heatspreader. Not to mention the interference from oscillations happening at many millions of times a second.

>buying zotac

Might as well burn your money

>and this is only slightly better. what the fuck is with these designs? is there really a noticeable amount of difference by spreading things out this far?

yes you fuckwit its about heat

>be you
>durrr lets pack everything close together so it fucking overheats

kys

>GPU shit you'll never look at, brought to you by the power of autistic electrical engineers

But that aould mean work surely you dont expect them to work do you?

>making the card 50% higher to fit all the vreg
whut in the lords name

Yes they have a PCIE x 1 version and have also baited a few gaymin companies to put it on the motherboards of some laptops. Just to set the record straight this is a 100% placebo product. Only way to even pretend this makes any difference is to have it after having the worst possible setup for example corrupted drivers or something.

There's no excuse for arranging components like a clusterfuck.

It's not 50% higher. The shield is deceptive, a standard slot can fit two DVI and one HDMI and that shield is clearly only about two DVI in width.
It is a bit taller than a standard card, probably from the top of the power connectors.

Ignore this post

>16+3 phase design
Literally what... why?.. and why Zotac?

those dont seem to be current sold anywhere

You do know that almost all motherboard NIC chips use the CPU for TCP offload? That's why even a older PCI card is better then onboard, dedicated RISC based chip to decode TCP packages. You will notice lag when playing and downloading torrent's at 60MB/s in the background for example.

Germans tend to call capacitors condensator

Not really an issue in our age of multi core processors senpai.

>referring to your computer as a "rig", unironically

topkek

>the fucking heat that some components make
Were you using linear regulators perchance?

Believing this, point is that you could then get the same gain using a $5 card from any brand. Killer's entire business model is to go full audiophile faggot and say

>Yes it costs $200+... that's because it's that good, it makes a difference! real gamers will be able to feel it!

Not believing but tested myself while working for a firm.

>That's why even a older PCI card is better then onboard
Are you stupid? I never said go get a 500000€€€€€ card.

It is, it still requires CPU cycles.

why 2 PCI connectors?

DC II SUPER OVERCLOCKED HYPER X COPPER edition

Hello

>implying its just germans and not the ususal english retardation
:^)

Of which we have plenty spare.

ur dum

you might have plenty of them "spare" but if something is taking cpu time away from other things like the gpu you will notice for example a 2ms longer frametime and if you keep adding that shit up in the end you will notice it

Why would it take CPU time away from other processes when the other processes aren't using enough CPU utilization to even max out half of my physical cores, let along logical?

It ain't that easy to explain, it's much more complicated than just CPU utilization you see on a graph in task manager

>meh I've got all this it doesn't matter if I waste it
This attitude is the root of so much laziness in computing today. Programs are swelling in size to the point that 1GB is probably considered "small".

Yup, crazy to think that a 3D modelling software with raytraceing fit on a single floppy 20 years ago and ran on fucking 8MHz. Now it takes fucking 12 cores and 64GB RAM to render a freaking cube.

I am aware, but CPU time is going to be offered to those processes anyway and it isn't going to use interrupts, so as long as your game isn't chugging on all your cores it isn't going to cause jack shit.

This isn't the same and you know it. You may as well defend addin cards for physics.

>This isn't the same and you know it. You may as well defend addin cards for physics.
Then why do things like DX12 and Vulkan run 3x as fast as older API's? We could use a new API, limit it to 144FPS because we just don't need more and use the leftover ressurces for physics etc

>game
its not just about the game think about the graphic driver for example and how it talks to the card

>this power section
damn

and what are those ports on the back for?

>Then why do things like DX12 and Vulkan run 3x as fast as older API's?
Because we want them to be doing more stuff in the same amount of time.
That's pretty much what is required to have better looking graphics.