Need Graphics Card

AMD or Nvidia?

Get both and slifire them

>2019 - 3
>too poor for integrated graphics

you can do this now too lol

Amd is going to crush dx12. Dont swallow novideos scam

The 1070 is Titan X performance at 960 power consumption and 970 pricing. AMD have NOTHING even close. New best-selling card ever coming up.

1070 and 1080 aren't actually going on sale for weeks, if you can get one who knows
Amd is releasing their cards next week(ish) and they will be available to all by july.

Also might be worth adding that board partners already have gotten the real cards and are probably ready to launch with after market heat sinks on launch. This is not going to be the case for nvidiea Faggot edtion which has thermal throttling problems and won't be available to board partners for some time.

Nvidia because AMD is dead and bankrupt.

Memes aside, what has better Linux support between Nvidia and AMD? I don't really care if the drivers/software is libre enough for Stallman or not, as long as it's not an obvious botnet or some kind of always online account bullshit.

It's looking like the new amd Polaris card will have very good linux support
there have been linux drive leaks of this.

The goal from AMD is to target steamboxes. AMD has really steped up their driver game hard core in the last 3 years. I havne't used nvidia drivers since 560Ti and they were meh

I would wait honestly
i don't think nvidia is planning to support linux in any special way like AMD is right now.

CONT. I think some of AMD's newer cards will have the same support as polaris. I can't remember what the new driver package is called though. I would assume Fury for sure and 290x probably.

That's good, because I want something that will just max out games at 60fps for 1080p, so I'm hoping Polaris will bring something that's even a bit less powerful but cheaper than the 1070. I'll probably still do most gaming on a Windows partition but I do want to use Linux for everything else without problems.

>Shilling nvidia this hard

>Shitting in the street

Yea atm I'm going to bet you should keep an eye out for R9 380 not the x
probably more than enough with good support on both sides.

>480X is Fury performance at 380X pricing.

Nvidiots = finished

>980 performance

So the high end two years ago? AMD two years behind and BTFO as always.

>there are people who are going to buy a 1080 and only play league of legends with it

user, polaris will be just that for the beginning

the market is divided by low to mid end by amd and high-end by nvidia with the new generation

the fastest polaris next week is considered to be r9 fury performance at a lower price tag

that's wrong, they wait for the 1080ti and then proceed to play LoL

Gtx 1080 blows everything away in DX12

Sorry, Rajeet.

aspergers

you have autism