BSD And Other Things

/bsd/ - *BSD General Thread
Discuss FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, DragonFlyBSD, FreeNAS...

IRC -- #baot @ irc.rizon.net

News: dragonflydigest.com - undeadly.org - freebsdnews.com

Ask questions, get answers.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/S54752332
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

user, nobody cares about this cuck shit, why do you keep shitposting?

>le epik cuck meme

see

Yes, I saw that in your first post. It's irrelevant.

Exactly, BSD is irrelevant, as demonstrated by the lack of interest.

Every thread you somehow make yourself out to be an even bigger retard than the last, I've got to give you props, it must be getting challenging.

>using an OS with niggerlips fish
OpenLOO

At least one of you retards is starting to be a bit original

Mate, nobody cares about this sub-par toy. Why do you refuse to acknowledge reality? Are you mentally ill or something?
You keep spamming the same worthless thread every day and some of the times you get lucky to have a passer-by laugh at your shit; the rest, your thread is archived without any reply. Take a hint and grow the fuck up.

I can't even tell you the last time I started a BSD thread, I just wait for them to show up, argue with you, then participate in the discussion that ensues after you eventually give up.

>the discussion that ensues
>crickets

Some threads 404, some don't. I fail to see the issue.

See archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/S54752332
>massive amounts of shitposting by I'm assuming you, then when you leave discussion instantly begins

Is CWM worth learning or should I stick with Fvwm2

>same number of posters
m8, really?

I wasn't trying to pretend to be somebody else, I was asking a goddamned question. Did you think I just came here to argue with you? No, I'm here because it's a fucking BSD thread.

>inb4 also answering it

>it's a fucking BSD thread
not really, nobody that gives a fuck showed up yet

That feel when my laptop runs OpenBSD -current and I haven't got around to updating for a month.

That feel when I still haven't updated my server from 5.4.

How could I answer a question I don't know the answer to?

If you're this hooked on derailing threads, why don't you go and try derailing some threads that actually don't belong on Sup Forums?

> derailing

CWM is an OpenBSD project.

2nd reply ITT was someone who gives a fuck

I'm debating sticking with 5.7 on my laptop just so I can run Opera 12.

Yes it is, and I'm asking if it's worth my time.

>That feel when
you're trying too hard, honestly

Is 5.8 when they killed linux binary compat? Not worth it anyway since you had to run 386...

I think Bitrig has modern Linux compat on amd64 if you're interested in that, but I've never tried it myself.

I'm not trying anything, I'm just arguing with morons while also asking thread related questions.

Not the same person, you cum guzzler.

I think they dropped it with 5.9, but they removed Opera 12 from ports in 5.8. I never broke 500MB RAM usage on my laptop anyway so I don't really mind the 32-bit RAM limitations, and my netbook is 32-bit anyway.

Heh, I only have 2GB on this amd64 machine with dozens of firefox tabs. I'm planning to upgrade it to 16GB when I feel that laptop DDR3 has reached its cheapest.

>going to great lengths to talk to himself
you must be very lonely, I'm sorry; keep talking to yourself if it makes you feel better and have a nice trip to the archive

I upgraded my laptop to 5GB because my job required 4GB, then realized the CPU didn't meet the minimum requirements anyway

Just stop, you're making yourself look even more retarded

What's Dragonfly up to these days?

At least now I have an excuse to upgrade the server, because a thunderstorm killed its 430-day uptime last month.

I'll have to convert my apache config to OpenBSD httpd.

> 5GB
!!!

If you like fvwm there's no reason to change, stacking window managers are an acquired taste. Tried cwm, i3, xmonad, and wingo. The only one I coukd stand for any period of time was wingo. I use mwm myself with a variety of gnustep apps, fvwm reminds me too much of twm that I used in school.

It's got 1GB onboard and one DDR3 SODIMM slot, so I went from 3GB to 5GB

Alright, I'll probably just stick with Fvwm.
>GNUstep
Hey I'm not the only one, I keep going back and forth between Fvwm and WindowMaker

> twingo

>tfw going to be running freeBSD + nginx in production
>tfw no systemd cancer
Feelsgoodman

Used windowmaker for years, but mwm is even lighter than fvwm, looks ok without a shitton of config work, and I could still use the few *step widgets I needed (mostly battery and wifi).

lol wat a qt

If someone saw you using a BSD and wanted to switch, unless they already owned the most red pilled hardware and understood a terminal, they'd say fuck it and give up. Linux once suffered from this, but that's an age long gone. I really want to love BSD, but t just feels like a slow motion game of me-too with Linux at this point.

Butthurt cause you couldn't figure out how to type 'y' at all the installer prompts? OpenBSD is far simpler to install than either arch or gentoo.

>nobody cares
thats why you keep posting? ;^)

>using the smiley with a carat nose

also you're so much like barneyfag that i bet you're the one making these fucking threads

contradict yourself more so i can laugh harder at you, please

But Arch and Gentoo aren't mainstream. Mint and Ubuntu are. Stacy and Chad don't give a shit about FreeBSD and its advantages. They want to click through an installer and watch Netflix. BSD will remain dead until it's democratized.

Thinks anything other than Windows is a mainstream desktop OS.

Neither Stacy nor Chad are gonna click through any OS installer, it was already on their machine they got from best buy.

Go troll somewhere that gives a shit about your "year of linux on the desktop" delusion.

>Stacy/Chad
This is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen on this site, and I've been here for over half a decade

Man, the baot threads are so much shittier than regular BSD threads.

>Neither Stacy nor Chad are gonna click through any OS installer
And yet they do it on their MacBooks everyday. The unintentionally defeatist attitude in BSD is its only flaw.