>have to reboot windows before it works

Installing programs on Ubuntu/Fedora
>search in software center
>double click on it
Or
>download the rpm/deb from the developer
>double click on it
>press install

Why is windows so complicated and difficult to use?

>Installing programs on windows
>>download installer from a website that doesn't end in *.ru because I'm a dirty freetard idiot
>>run the exe
>>get prompted to install the program
>>it works
+(You)

why do we always have threads like this? People on Sup Forums are generally more bored than the people on any other board, aren't they?
don't you have anything better to do than repost the same pasta bait every few hours?
sage

Chrome is a botnet

>installing old as fuck program in windows 10
>It works

>install old as fuck program in Linux
>library conflict
>cant install from source without problems

>Ubuntu/Fedora
> Software center
> not "sudo apt-get/dnf install programname"

> Open installer
> Click next
> Click next
> Figure out how to say not to toolbar/crapware
> Figure out how ot say no to toolbar and crapware
> Click next
> Click finish

Installing software on Linux is just so much easier desu.

Feet

>Not being such a special snowflake that the software you want isn't in the repository

>scanning
>implying you dont let other people download before downloading it yourself

do you install 30 programs a day or something?

I meant for normies, but you do have a point.

>Installing software on Linux is just so much easier desu
with the exception of security, development, and server applications there isnt much worthwhile software out there and WINE sucks.

I commit to the repo where the packages are!

Muh dick.

>run antivirus scan to make sure it's safe
>since av is worthless it shows it as safe
>run the exe, install ransomware

Not really, why?

It shouldn't be that hard though. I mean, it's nothing short of saying "computer, install programname". Fuck it, apt and dnf even install missing dependencies, and resolves conflict. And if it's anything *buntu

> security
I can;t say I've actually installed any security applications on Linux, so I wouldn't be able to comment on this. Mind elaborating?

> development
I disagree. I do most of my development on Linux, and it's far easier. Last project that I worked on was nodeJS on Window, and setting up mongodb isn't that pleasant on Windows.
C and C++ development on Linux is pretty comfy, as is python, and anything web development. (Granted, Visual Studio is bretty gud)

Then there are built in tools like SSH, CURL, etc. (Which Windows does get sooner or later (in the form of Ubuntu, but I'm not complaining))

> server applications
Elaborate, I've only done web servers, and it's much comfier and easier to set up on Linux than it is Windows.

>Get windows xp vm
>Type steam in the IE address bar
>Click the first link
>It's some sponsored spyware because it's fucking bing

It's fucking incredible that downloading a simple program is so fucking hard in 2016. windows really is a cuck OS.

>it shouldn't be that hard
The very concept of controlling your pc without a gui is very leet and hacker to normies, they don't know how simple it really is and it scares them.

Good thing my mom has never had to use cli.
>install opera(not 12.16, the latest)
>install vlc
She just browses the web, listens to music, and types up her letters in libre writer.

>download installer
Ok
>run antivirus
Wtf
>run the exe
Wow its very difficult
>Have to reboot
This is 2006?

>Linux
>Search in software center
Dont Have a build lol
>Download the exe
>Run wine
>Cry

Forgot to mention she runs Ubuntu mate on an old c2d laptop.

>Not really, why?
if its not a repetitive task which you perform several times a day then who cares if its a few clicks more work?

>I've actually installed any security applications on Linux
more specifically im talking about applications for monitoring networks and sniffing packets and stuff

as mentioned before, sever and dev stuff some of the few things that linux is actually good for. there are a lot of open source things that try to be as good as paid for stuff but they usually have a lot of kinks.

>if its not a repetitive task which you perform several times a day then who cares if its a few clicks more work?
That doesn't really matter though. Just because I don't do it every day doesn't mean it's not annoying when I do it.

> more specifically im talking about applications for monitoring networks and sniffing packets and stuff
Aren't there tonnes of variations of "top" that does that?

those 3 types of applications i mentioned were a few of the strong points of nix.

as for the repo install thing it could be superior to windows but the nature of an OS with a zillion distros is that it can be hit or miss on weather it will work correctly the first time.

Usually I open up the .exe and manually install the program I need, guaranteed no malware and bullshit.

Sure you do

>>search in software center
>>double click on it
and it's a release from 2 years ago
>download the rpm/deb from the developer
>double click on it
>press install
more likely you only get source code you have to compile

>he's never used Ubuntu

You mean
Installing on windows
>download installer
>don't need antivirus because I am not a fucking retard
>run exe
>done

>difficult to use

Are you 93 years old?

Sure because in the far away time of win XP researching via the address bar was TOTALLY a thing...

>try to install Haskell Platform and some libs on linux
>enter dependency hell

Not saying that windows is all that great with its retarded DLL system that everybody ignores by shipping their own versions, but Linux has a ton of problems on its own.

Installing on Windows
>download installer
>don~t need antivirus because i use licensed applications from official sites
>run exe
>done

Installing on Linux
>You can use apt-get but you can`t change something in source code of program
>you can use make and change something important in source code for your configuration but many linux users will call you retard

Only outdated program I've encountered was when I accidentally installed opera 12.16 instead of 37

Mexican
>run antivirus scan to make sure it's safe
Faget