/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Post all your small and stupid questions that doesn't deserve their own thread.
Redirect any retard to this thread using Previous thread : Don't be a retard, read the sticky, the wiki and search before posting using duckduckgo, google or whatever please you

next OP, don't be a fag, use dwight as it used to be.

Other urls found in this thread:

codecademy.com/
amazon.com/Office-Multi-Functional-Executive-Managerial-Adjustable/dp/B01C3Z773W?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_3&smid=A1ZMGLRUA3PMWK
amazon.com/Seating-AirGrid-Synchro-Cantilever-Managers/dp/B004773CS4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
csharp.net-tutorials.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anybody know a good budget laptop for under $500?

Meant to say with a long battery life

samefag

wow
it's only marketing then

fuck this gay earth

>500
>budget
Check out moneybags over here

yesterday i could play video files that are on a network drive with mpc.

today it never opens them.

network is fine because i can open the files fine with a hex editor.

just what the fuck?

Have a core 2 duo e4500 on a 945gz asus mobo with 2 gb ddr2.

Obviously gtx titan will bottleneck it.
Obviously geforce 256 will not bottleneck it.

What is the sweet spot that the gpu will just be bottlenecked?

Hello Sup Forumsentleman,

I got me a ASUS ROG, and want to install Linux (Ubuntu) on it. I don't use this laptop for gaming so I don't care about "no gayms" on linux.

I wanted to ask if I will run into problems with the graphic-card or other components or is ubuntu finally stable enough for installing it on high-end systems?

Releveant specs:

> gtx 960m
> i7-6700HQ

nvm i figured it out

apparently i have to map the drive so it has a letter

\\yadayada confuses mpc.

try mpc-be
i've always had trouble with mpc-hc when playing files over the network

yea, the "1866MHz" is not true, in marketing terms that's the "effective" clock speed
DDR can do two transfers per clock cycle, so for 933MHz (true clock speed), you can do 1866MT/s (mega-transfers/second)

see this what's the difference between mpc-hc and be?

HP Omen or HP Beats edition? Kinda set on the Omen other than having no optical drive and a 256 gig SSD HD.. The Beats gfx suck though :[

you can't know before trying. Best way is to a live CD of ubuntu and give it a try (you can try it without installing it).
since it's an nvidia GPU, it should works fine out of the box (ubuntu use the proprietary drivers by default).

How can I calculate the wattage of my cpu given I have the live voltage? I know it's amp*v but I don't know the operational amperage of the cpu.

Alternatively, can anyone link me to something like a Kill-A-Watt meter for 220V? Everything I find is for 110V and the only one I found for 220V costs $90. Most kill-a-watts that do the job are like $20-50. I'd love to get accurate readings of what wattage idle devices and such are consuming, or even my pc under load.

What do you want exactly

What's difference in the MSI GTX 1080 and in the ASUS GTX 1080?

for reference cards it's the same, maybe different clockspeeds.
non reference have different coolers and some different PCB layouts.

i have an old computer which has no psu, idk what kind of psu is enough for this comp

4gb ddr2 ram
gigabyte ma770-ds3 ddr2 1066
amd athlon 64 x2 5600 2.9ghz
msi nvidia 9600gt 256bit ddr3

i want to learn programming
help

>help
What is stopping you learning ?

Don't buy Hell's Piss.

Thank me later OP

I got windows 7 on a laptop I no longer use and one of my friend is going to build a computer and need windows.
Is there a way to gift him my windows copy so he can install it on his desktop ?

you can give him the key unless it's an OEM tied version.

how can I know if it's an OEM tied version ? and if so how can I get the key ? The laptop came with windows 7 already installed.

key should be on a sticker on the bottom of the laptop.
if it came preinstalled then it's an OEM version.

My computer will freeze randomly. IIRC it only happens when playing certain games. I was playing MGSV for 5 hours and bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt it froze and forced me to restart. When I play shit like Rocket League it doesn't freeze. My PC is 5 years old and this used to never ever happen. I upgraded my CPU a few months back and it still happens. Temperatures are fine. My PC isn't using too much power. Maybe it's my motherboard or hard drive or power supply dying from age? They're 5 years old now. Could it be that I upgraded to Windows 10 (didn't do a clean install either)? I'm thinking of saying "fuck it!" and doing a clean install of Windows 7. This never happened on Windows 7, but it didn't start to happen on Win10 until months after I upgraded to it. But when I upgraded I didn't do a clean install. Could that be the issue? And does M$ let me downgrade? I still have my key, but I'm afraid something jewy will happen if I try to do a fresh install.

What's the minimum price you have to pay to get a smartphone with a good camera?

What's a good android tablet nowadays for around 200 buckaroos? Looking for:

-Something real fast if possible. Need to basically show things quick.
-Good battery life
-7 or 8 inch screen size
-Expandable storage

The rest, resolution, support for newer android or better performance in games is completely irrelevant. It's literally just for watching videos and opening PDF files without delay.

should i do my university application in latex or indesign?

are audiophile tier headphones the biggest grift in technology right now?

thx for response m8. Will try it out.

Using latex only matters if you are applying to graduate school. The underpaid intern looking at uni applications will neither notice nor care.

Alright guy me and my friend wants to play a game over a vlan but tunngle is a piece of shit and Hamachi won't work for my friend (he can't get the network adapter even when he reinstalls) do you guys know any good alternative?

I started using in-ear ear buds for my desktop when my headphones broke. Now both ears are completely plugged up and I'm going to have to go to a clinic and get my ears flushed out. I have a suspicion using those in-ear ear buds for hours every day might be doing is. Has this happened to anyone else?

ask your doctor

Does a web site actually gain any advantage from using shit like jQuery? Obviously less strain on machine if it loads what needed when the user scrolls to a certain part of the site, but what I mean if, for example, a news site has a basic html but it loads the actual news article using jQuery instead of including it in the basic html. Is it simply useless ricing or is it advantegous in some way to the server side?

indesign it is, thank you.

You want me to ask my doctor if it's ever happened to him?

happened to me as well
my solution was to shower more often

Hey is it possible to disable the two factors in pic related? I really just want to keep my fingerprint as a way to access my phone and ever only use a password if i can't use the fingerprint lock...

not sure I understand your question, are you confusing jquery with something else?
jquery is a tool for developers that provides simplified functions to do stuff.

I was advised to try and use the Libre as a report system which will be based on ERP views from the AX dynamics SQL database.
My goal is to create views in the DB and use the Libre as a report viewer.

Any advice/optimization tips?

The ear plugs probably simply stuffed the already existant ear wax closer to your ear drum. Clean your ears more often. Buy a water pump that's made for this purpose from your local pharmacy and avoid q-tips.

Br, your friendly neighborhood technician

I thought it was a language/tool/script used for fetching shit from databases in dynamic fashion. I was probably wrong.

/whois is not working in irssi

I think you mean ajax with which you can send data asynchronously back to the server.
The database fetching has to be done by the servers backend and not javascript itself.

If you have a lot of hits on your site and you only dynamically fetch the data once the user scrolls down you can potentially lower the server strain compared to loading data all the time even if the user would have never seen it.
Also loading new content dynamically needs lower bandwidth since the article text is much smaller than sending the entire page every time.

Other frameworks like angular/ember/react, where you have the entire page rendered dynamically, makes writing and maintaining dynamic pages easier.

Hey.

I've got a laptop with a broken screen that I plugged into my TV via HDMI. I noticed it was completely fucked with viruses and shit. I figured it'd be easier to do a system restore than to manually fix everything.

So I went to do a full restore, and I'm not sure when exactly, but it stopped displaying on my TV.

Anything I can do to fix it? I've tried fucking with the FN keys and shit. It won't even show the mobo manufacturer screen on my TV. Just says no signal.

It runs Windows 8.1 if it matters.

Thank you.

Is a "compositing display manager" the same as a "compositing window manager"?

regarding this thread
devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/543305/linux/video-tearing-in-mplayer-on-a-gtx-600-with-vo-xv-and-vo-vdpau/

I forgot to mention that closing the lid after reboot doesn't do anything for me. Which is a common suggestion on other tech forums I've been stalking for answers.

Hello

>I am looking to upgrade my CPU and Motherboard.
>I have Windows 10 updated from a pirated Windows 7.

What steps do I need to take before I install the new components to ensure Windows + Drivers are fine?

I have an old playstation 3 i plan to turn into a server. Is its 256 mb of ram enough to output a stream of 1080p video? How did sony make this bastard run GTA5 when my pc with 8gb of ram, an I5-4460 and 4gb of vram from a sapphire r9 290 tri-x chokes on it.

None. Just upgrade your stuff and install the new drivers. Either with Device Manager or from manafacturer websites.

Yeah, here goes.

Which bowser is the best?
kek

Depends on your needs

Arachne + Trumpet.
(Circa 1996)

Cybershot

What browsers do not have a botnet?

im useless with networking, how do i connect a bt business hub thats not itself connected to the internet up to a wireless hotspot?

After installing a new r7 360 video card my monitor turns off and on intermittently. If I turn it off and on manually it stops but I think this has something to do with the fact that I can't run any game.

Depends on the Wireless Hotspot but if the wireless hotspot has a lan ethernet port, there you go.
>2016
>Not using multifunction appliances

But I heard that it requires you to activate your W10 when you upgrade since it is tied to your hardware.

I was worried since I don't obviously have an activation key I think.

But thanks about the Drivers, didn't know if I had to uninstall them beforehand or so since I'm using the same storage.

Did you get your drivers installed correctly?

Also, did your hardware meet the requirements for this new video card?

I'm having a really hard time trying to understand whats wrong with my Shield Portable. I updated it to 5.1 Lollipop, re-rooted, and started noticing issues running games on it. They're all terrible generic android games but I keep reading that supposedly people on normal phones are running them perfectly.

My Shield is impossibly slow for what its advertised to be and I even locked the cpu to its highest clock speed in trickstermod and its still slow as hell in things it should ace. It seems most people don't have a problem like this, because I can't find much information regarding Shield Portable issues in 5.1 that aren't related to an odd gamestream bug. I don't really wanna revert back to Kitkat, but this is infuriating. Is there anything I can do?

You know that there's an activation key embedded into your registry, right?

I didn't know that for W10, obviously for W7, W8.

I did searches beforehand - and it said you don't have an activation key, but a digital entitlement.

But if this is the case, I would be thankful - where exactly can I find this in the Reg?

I downloaded and installed the drivers from gigabyte's site. I also uninstalled intel HD graphics( I did it in that order).

>Also, did your hardware meet the requirements for this new video card? I think it does.

T
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3250 @ 3.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
RAM: 8060 Mb
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., H81M-DS2
[\code]

Question here. I'm using 4chanX on memefox, how can I make it "auto watch" some threads?. For example, autowatch all Desktop Threads, or all "______" threads...

the frame you want might not be a keyframe.

Anybody have any program ideas that can convey your level of mastery if you've just been at it for ~1 year? This is for internships/co-ops

codecademy.com/
best place to get started imo

please respond

amazon.com/Office-Multi-Functional-Executive-Managerial-Adjustable/dp/B01C3Z773W?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_3&smid=A1ZMGLRUA3PMWK

amazon.com/Seating-AirGrid-Synchro-Cantilever-Managers/dp/B004773CS4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Which chair? Are headrests useful or just a meme?

Just venting

>tfw found old socket 754 motherboard but don't have a CPU to test it with

RRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I just wanted to play around ;_;

Am I correct in assuming that getting more RAM would be literally useless if I always have 0% page file usage?

Why doesnt every motherboard have SOME form of cheep Wifi?
2016 people.

Try doing a program that can substract without substracting. You can substract adding

because wireless sucks.
why would I want it for a stationary computer if I can lay down a cable and get ten times the speed.

What's the most useful language that they teach?

I don't want to pay 10$ more for a motherboard that has something that i'm not going to use never

Maybe, not necessarily

Why would a desktop need wifi?

But it says frame accurate for encoding, and nearest keyframe for copying.

Is ffplay showing the wrong time in seconds/milliseconds?

i was hoping to have the devices connect to the hub via ethernet, and the hub connect to the hotspot via wifi

I just bought this for dirt cheap in the Amazon lightning sale, I'm going to use it to power a condenser mic for podcasts. Is there anything else I can do with it? I've never owned an audio interface before. Time to find some good speakers?

Not everyone has access to an ethernet port, and fuck laying a cable down the stairs.

So get a wifi adapter
Desktops are meant to be modular

Not everyone who rents gets Direct
And imagine if you were uploading some important files, then your port fucking BURNS OUT
What then?

Powerline adapters are cheap you mong, what is this, 2008?

then I copy the files to my phone and upload from there.

I have a powerline adapter.

>Not having dual gigabit
But really, this has never happened. Its far more likely that someone turns on a microwave and fucks up your wifi signal

I got an asus k55a a couple years ago, came with a bit of shit software on it but you can uninstall it asus laptops are nice though

Anyone got any suggestions for a cheap Z97/H97 board?

No intention of OCing, just has to be reliable enough.

depends on your interests
html, css, java, and python are all good starting points.
Codecademy doesn't have any c based languages, so csharp.net-tutorials.com/ might be good for getting a feel for that.
Important to note, once you get into the fundamentals of any language (like structure and data manipulation) that they can be applied to several other languages, especially C based ones.

>Go to auto-wreckers
>Buy decent seat for Bolt said seat on to existing base

More comfortable than most $600+ gaymin or Herman Shiller chairs.

Sup Forumsuys, how do I improve battery life on xubuntu? I just installed it on my laptop and I got TLP working. What now? I want to use it as my main system, but it has to endure more than 4 hours... On Windows 10 it lasted ~7-8 hours on battery saving mode. I'm new to this, so try to be a little gentle.

Is it enough to bind ports from my server to enable i2p on my machine in order to use Anonymous Mode in qbittorrent, or do the trackers have to be proxies as well, meaning no clearnet torrents will work?