Is there any program that will notify me about new posts on a forum thread...

Is there any program that will notify me about new posts on a forum thread? And I dont want to have any delay when new post shows.

>phpbb

is this 2005

literally any forum software.

>mybb
>xF

RSS?

I'm not the admin of a forum. Im just normal user. RSS is disabled in this forum

PhpBB gives email notifications about new post, but delay is about 5min. I need something really quick like 20sec max.

bump

If the software doesn't have a build-in way, the only way is to poll the thread very often with a scraping tool.

No one has ever made some live notifiers for forums? That's odd

bump

it sounds like you're surprised that nobody has implemented chat rooms with forums.

if you want synchronous chat, use a synchronous system.

I need to monitor ONE thread. And have notifications about it. I'm just a NORMAL user of this forum.

Isn´t there some option in your profile about you getting an email whenever someone replies to a thread you´re watching or one you´ve replied to?

If it´s so dramatic, you can also keep it always open in a corner and simply tell the browser to refresh the page every X seconds.

5 min delay

>If it´s so dramatic, you can also keep it always open in a corner and simply tell the browser to refresh the page every X seconds.

If I make it how much will you pay for it?

don't throw around the word "normal" too frivolously. i'm afraid you're not a good judge.

i can hire you to click f5 for me

Any browser can or should be able to do that automatically with just a couple clicks, you fucking retard.

that's because most of these forums are hosted on toasters on dial up that will die if you scrape them that hard. if you're desperate write you own. the built-in one has a delay for a reason

I would think that most hardware could handle a user hitting the site once every ~10-15 seconds. obviously the site couldn't handle everyone doing that, but that's the case with most things.

Hahahaha, you are pretty retarded. Imagine yourself sitting 24/7 near PC, can't focus on anything and just checking a tab every 30seconds

your browser can't automatically refresh every N seconds?

why are you laughing at him? it sounds like you're the retard here.

It freshes every 5sec. But I don't want to look at tab every 5sec to see if someone has added something. Get it? I have much more stuff to do than looking at forum 24/7

That's why I need notification program or shit. Because it's fucking pathetic to lurk every 5 second.

If you want this so bad just pay someone to create it for you.

memes

So... You´re looking for a program that will display a warning whenever there´s an update. That means you will have to be looking at your screen all the time.

I´m suggesting you to dedicate 20 fucking horizontal pixels of your screen to keep just that one tab open right at the bottom, with the auto refresh activated.

With both methods you get to see new messages immediately, with both methods you need to be sticking to your screen constantly. The only difference is that nobody here can suggest you a program, while my solution does work.

It´s not optimal, but it works. Get your shit together, we´re not your personal support team.

It is distracting still. Sounds notification like facebook has and it would a dream

I can build you a solution to this problem. It will cost around $400.

>400$

I'll do it for $399.95

Well, have fun refreshing the page or not getting fast updates.

Im having fun with my 400$

Write a bash script to download the thread and see if there's new posts however often you need

Write a python script to do the same but with 99% less work involved.

Then post the problem on freelancer dot com and get some pooinloo to do it for $20?

this
just wget the page, find the last post #, compare to prev page.
i could write this in fucking java but i dont feel like assisting op's autism.