5/10/2011 Steve is death

5/10/2011 Steve is death

10/09/2012 First "big" iphone (iphone 5), first "small" ipad (ipad mini)

10/09/2013 First "cheap" iphone (5c)

19/09/2014 Two new iphones instead of one (6 & 6 plus)

11/11/2015 First "pro" ipad (ipad pro)

31/03/2016 Second cheap iphone (iphone se), second "pro" ipad (ipad pro 9.7)

So in 5 years apple has done a lot shit Steve didn't want to.
(i won't even talk about the abnormity that is the new macbook)

now we get pic related
inb4 rumour
there are also chassis pics

i never liked apple or their products but i respected their attitude

if this goes on apple will be death in 5 years

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4YY3MSaUqMg
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2011-10-25/apple-s-jobs-told-successor-cook-not-to-ask-what-would-steve-do-tech
cnet.com/news/tim-cook-steve-jobs-told-me-to-just-do-whats-right/
businessinsider.com/steve-jobs-to-tim-cook-dont-do-what-i-would-do-just-do-whats-right-2011-10
washington.cbslocal.com/2013/11/29/man-throws-away-7500-bitcoins-now-worth-7-5-million/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

iploxe on deathwatch since iphone 5, thisll be the the last fucking nail in their rose gold coffin. the 15 rmbp was their last reasonable product -- im typing this on a 2k15 15 rmbp -- and im deeply fucked up by the fact that in 2016 the era of "A LAPTOP THAT IS CURRENTLY IN PRODUCTION AND NOT A COKED OUT GROUP OF CHINESE BUSINESSMAN'S JOKE" will end.

Why the stupid OLED buttons?
No one wants that.

Shut up and buy it

Well when you get to think about it, a configurable row aint that bad [it existed before with a Fn key, but still kinda limited]; but now let's see how it goes, and if other players will adopt it for us brokefags.

Steve would have loved this though, he was against having ports on the original Mac.

Good.

>5/10/2011 Steve is death
>10/09/2012 First "big" iphone (iphone 5), first "small" ipad (ipad mini)
>19/09/2014 Two new iphones instead of one (6 & 6 plus)
>31/03/2016 Second cheap iphone (iphone se), second "pro" ipad (ipad pro 9.7)
these are good things

>if this goes on apple will be death in 5 years
these are good things

Apple is already dying. OSX feels really abandoned.

Apple is literally a 1 trillion dollar company after he kicked the bucket

>feels

>Capacitive buttons

Are you taking the piss?

I loved that shit on my xps 1530when I was 18.

But on a non plastic MACBOOK?
Really?

Apple is kill.

Leave apple alone.

There's only so much braun product design to rip off before you have to begin putting out your own trash.

>dd/MM/yy

kys

you forgot
>ipad keyboard cover
>magic mouse 2
>oneport

its the clearly the feminists

you misspelled kiss, bro

This right here

>lets make the Mac Pro a fucking tiny ass trashcan

Why they would think this is appropriate for a "professional" level PC is beyond me

Cook is a fucking tard

this is total BS. i got a stupid row like that in my xps 17.
only thing it's going to do is to not let you focus and you'll always try to find something better to do with it
which will ultimately make it even less productive

not for apel. they had a philosophy and they survived and became the colossus they are due to it.

You forgot the $200 pencil. That was objectively a big step forward.

youtube.com/watch?v=4YY3MSaUqMg
Nobody wants a stylus!

I like usb c its faster and better overall plus, plus it charges devices so much faster. I have a Nexus 6P and it charges my phone more than halfway in like twenty minutes. I'm glad apple is going with this technology. Now I will see usb c plugs everywhere, because currently you can't find them almost anywhere.

If you want to be productive you'll either ignore it or come down to two or three config schemes that'll serve you good.
If you have the time to fiddle with the damn thing all day, you aint being too productive anyway.

I hope that's how the new macbook looks, really like that design, cannot fucking wait to empty my wallet to apple

what are you talking about I really am excited for the new macbook I"m not completely dead on the inside

You can stop pretending to be brain dead now.

I'm not, did an online iq test and my iq tested as 130, get on my level of smarts

oh that explains a lot

My mistake, you weren't pretending to be retarded, you're the flood.

>apple fans hailed this speech
>they all claimed they didn't want a stylus too
>then lose their shit when apple announces a stylus

I haven't used OS X since 10.5.8 on my iMac G4. Hackintosh a PC a few weeks ago and the OS hasn't really changed apart from the updated GUI.

The Apple user's of that time are not the casual user's of today.

>The Apple user's of that time
Idiots who believe faked benchmarks and whatever lies Jobs made up on stage.

>the casual user's of today.
Idiots who believe faked benchmarks and whatever lies Cuck made up on stage.

>implying 2 iphone options is shit
>implying mac pro looks like shit
>implying apple watch is shit
>implying that camera stabilization is shit
>implying steve jobs wouldnt approve of ios 7 re-design even though he approved (pic related)

Didn't SteveyJ tell TimmyC on his deathbed to not run apple in such a way that they're always asking "would Steve Jobs do such a thing?"

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2011-10-25/apple-s-jobs-told-successor-cook-not-to-ask-what-would-steve-do-tech
cnet.com/news/tim-cook-steve-jobs-told-me-to-just-do-whats-right/
businessinsider.com/steve-jobs-to-tim-cook-dont-do-what-i-would-do-just-do-whats-right-2011-10

Also, Apple can be considered immortal at this point, they will never ever "die." Look at yahoo, they've been running their business like crap for the past decade and yet still companies are lining up to bail them out because they're that big.

The best part is that the power button is on the row.

Touch sensitive power button. What could possibly go wrong?

Shut up and take my money

>(i won't even talk about the abnormity that is the new macbook)
yeah the new macbook is exactly what steve did back in the day if you compare the Apple II vs the Macintosh

>arbitrary retarded ordering of time units.
Do you also say PM 52.11?
I swear to God I hope Trump finally shuts you off from the rest of the world, you're ruining the gene pool.

Will the oled buttons always be backlit?

Will be impossible to find while watching a movie at night if not on, or will be annoyingly distracting if they are on.

College kid says is going to get new Macbook
>puts on fedora

I don't use mac I do have a laptop with little LED under the buttons and I enjoy it for nighttime typing.

I would believe that Steve Jobs regretted that and continued on.

Can't wait for the virus that randomly moves the power button around.

Kek

Getting started on that, brb.

Wait wut? I never suspected them of being too smart, but touch power button on the custom panel row?

That's Pajeet-tiet engineering dude...

The iPhone 6/s Plus were a good thing. Consumers had been requesting larger phones for ages now.

Look at every phone on the market, they're all large.

What were you expecting?

Well... shit.

Before, Apple had the market cornered, now they are just another competitor, thats why they changed, if you think that everything that came out in 2012/13 wasn't planned while he was alive you are a fool that doesn't understand shit about development.

And there was another time apple seemed like it would always be a dominant force.

And then it came close to dying, even letting other companies make macs in a desperate attempt to remain relavent.

[Spoiler]and those were some of the best years of mac[/spoiler]

Source on that? I can't tell for sure but it does look like there is a physical switch on the right side of the touch bar in pic related.

>if you think that everything that came out in 2012/13 wasn't planned while he was alive you are a fool that doesn't understand shit about development.

Of course it was

But whether or not it would have come to market, and in the form that it did under Jobs is another question entirely.

And I don't think he ever would have done something as foolish as replacing the top of the line workstation mac with a tiny ass can that has zero room for expansion.

It would make sense for the power button to still be physical

What if the software registering input on the oled strip locks up? A touch power button would leave you fucked.

>hurr apple will die
>they just went up to 3rd on the fortune 500 raking

Sup Forums doesn't know shit about economics

>tfw when you have the last good mbp (2011)
>tfw when you have the last good iPhone (5)

I plan on using both for as long as possible

>5
>good
>pre-RMBP
>good

Those keys look like they still give tactile feedback i dont see the issue

That could just be the connector for the touch bar.

There can't be a last if there was never a first.

Yeah it's hard to know, I could also see the touch bar wires coming up through the hole on the left. Just wondering if there was a better leak that actually confirmed the power button being touch.

>its high now so it can never go down!

oh no our value dropped to only 200 billion only to start going up again what should we do

>I could also see the touch bar wires coming up through the hole on the left.
I'm thinking that hole is more for the bar to clip into. Other than that there is no real place for it to be fixed.
Unless they glued it down.

>Its too big to ever fail

From household name to has been in just a generation

I was thinking glue + a hollow thing going down there with the wires inside

But I guess it's too thin for that probably.

>400ppi in the year of our lord, 2016

Na, they could ribbon cable or slim wires through that. Two other things though, in the top right corner there is a similar sized hole, horizontal instead of vertical, and all the other physical key spaces are cut out while that space on the right size of the touch bar has a special shape to it.

They might have a special power button only touch area there, but I still think that is more for the connection for the touch bar.

Did I ever said that? No.

But iPhones and iPads are so deeply embed in our culture and apple makes so much money out of them that I dont see it happening in years.

>Unless they glued it down.
Whatever makes you think they might do such a thing!?!?

>work with graphic designers
>mfw not a single one uses that stupid fucking pencil over a cintiq or wacom

well, it's not a fucking stylus to navigate the OS. it's a fucking stylus to draw. know the fucking difference, you cunt.

9/11 ruined everything

Underrated idea

>But iPhones and iPads are so deeply embed in our culture and apple makes so much money out of them that I dont see it happening in years.

So was atari for a time, and kodak too.

Tech changes quickly, and if some new innovation comes along then the iphone and ipad could absolutely practically die, especially in terms of public consciousness/use, within a few years.

The problem is who knows when the next major disruption happens. But there are always major casualties when it happens.

RIP Sony

As nice as looking at what you are drawing on, the feel of a wacom is unbeatable. And that matters a lot if you used to drawing/painting.

>applel

Another great example

King of crts reduced to buying plasma and lcd panel from others - the opposite of what they did with the Trinitron.

kek

you realize cook doesnt actually decide which products they make, right? ceo's are just figureheads

my coworker's friend had a bunch of apple stock when it was almost nothing he sold it all to pay some debts or something fucking hell that guy must be suicidal now

I had a coworker who bought a bunch of bitcoin when it was around 15-20 cents(spent a few grand). Tried to convince me to do the same. He sold it all at $10. Made a lot and moved to SF, but I can only imagine how mad he his.

I wonder how many people have killed themselves over the bitcoin boom.

Like people who bought pizzas for thousands of bitcoins in the early days.

Jobs would have had a fit over it. He was adamant that the iPad not have a stylus. The way it plugs in is just bone-headed. The lack of innovation on the ipad is allowing the Surface to gooble up marketshare.

I remember reading a story about a guy who had a few hundred thousand btc on a hard drive that he forgot about. Apparently he bought them on a whim and forgot about it until he saw something about btc on the internet a few years later.

that macbook looks very nice

At which point all those coins are on a discarded hard drive deep within a huge garbage dump

Yeah. He contemplated having it dug up because the people at the landfill can narrow it down based on the date he discarded it, but he decided that it was more than likely physically destroyed.

Always image your drives!

Found the article.

washington.cbslocal.com/2013/11/29/man-throws-away-7500-bitcoins-now-worth-7-5-million/

He could be full of shit too. There would be no way to verify his story...

Well actually they didn't lose shit if you look at ipad pro's sales.

Literally the reason Blizzard doesn't port their games on OS X anymore. They don't provide any updated graphics API, their window server is shit and they don't accept this.

See, I see this shit and think back to some dumb article about Cook when he got the job.

Supposedly, Steve left 20 years of product ideas with Cook. But this shit?

There's no fucking way trash of this order of magnitude would've passed the drawing level.

The cheap phones are clearly a ripoff of their own earlier iMac G3 campaign, then they sell premium phones to guarantee that none of those phones would sell.

Fucking Apple

Cook is an accountant. They essentially lost their quality assurance an design supervision departments when Jobs died.

True, I hadn't even thought about that

Only in the USA do iOS devices keep their 50% market share. Basically everywhere else in the world it's a 80/20 split, with a little variation.